What's new

Death Aniversary of Christ

silent hawk

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Every one knows that Christ was born on the 25th of December, Christmas Day. But on which day was he crucified? Anyone knows the death anivarsary of Jesus Christ?

3 days before Easter.

Easter was his resurrection, and his death was 3 days before.

Also, religion isn't allowed to be discussed on this forum, if i am not mistaken.

We do not know factually the actual date when Christ was born of Mary. We do know various benchmarks such as the comment found in my King James version of our Holy Bible:

St. Luke, Chapter 2, verses 1-7: "1. And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world whould be taxed. 2. And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. 3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. 4. And Josephy also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because he was of the house and lineage of David. 5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. 6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. 7. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."

Your reference to the death, burial, and rescurrection of Christ. We have benchmarks of the traditional Jewish Passover which became to us Christians the Lord's Last Supper or in a church setting the basis for our communion of wine and bread. Thus if you would look to the time which passes after the Passover, which was an annual event, you can ball park the era or time approximately of when Jesus was taken before Pilot and Herrod.

You might also share with us if you are of the Muslim faith your faiths belief in Jesus sitting on the right hand of God at the time of the Judgement of the world.

Peaceful, informational, non-antagonistic mutually respectful comments on the occasion of Christmas, just as our Muslim brothers and sisters celebrate Eid (we called it Big Eid vs. Little Eid in my days working at the US Embassy in Karachi) are to me healthy and should contribute to better mutual understanding of what we believe in common vs. the radical, terrorist rantings of what they self-interpret as who is right and who is wrong. That sort of discussion is pointless and has led the world into the current war on terrorism which has done huge harm worldwide due to abuse and misuse of "religion."

A key parable which Jesus gave me from our Holy Bible is: "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Every one knows that Christ was born on the 25th of December, Christmas Day. But on which day was he crucified? Anyone knows the death anivarsary of Jesus Christ?

How could we be so sure he was born on 25 December?

Mod edit: no personal attacks necessary.

You might also share with us if you are of the Muslim faith your faiths belief in Jesus sitting on the right hand of God at the time of the Judgement of the world.

Don't know much about this one, and since the notion of God is such in Islam that it transcends all form, I don't know what "right hand" would signify other than giving a great deal of importance to Jesus Christ. That importance, of course, he has in Islam irrespective of the above.
  1. No muslims' faith is complete without belief in Jesus.
  2. Jesus is referred to by God, as "Ruhollah" or "The Spirit of God".
  3. Jesus is the only Prophet described in the Quran who could breathe life into an object made of clay (The miracle of the clay bird).
  4. In Surah Al-Mariam, Allah tells Mary (as) that she need not worry about people asking her about Jesus' virgin birth, since the baby Jesus would speak himself and defend his mother's honour.
  5. Of course, Jesus is the sign of the end times in the Quran also, and the return of Jesus has been foretold (Kingdom Come)

In a nutshell, the only meaningful difference between Islam and (some sects of) Christianity is the notion of Jesus being a begotten son. That's it. Other than that, as far as I am concerned, all the major doctrinal issues are the same. There are several sects in Christianity, by the way, that do not consider Jesus a begotten son either.

That is why when the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh&hf) sent his Ambassador, Hazrat Ali(as)'s older brother, Jaffar-e-Tayyar, to the Christian Kingdom of Abyssinia, the King took these early muslims in (older folk, children, people who were ill) and swore to defend them, marking the sand with his staff and proclaiming, "For all the bounty in the world I would not give these people up. For the difference between them and us is the thickness of this line in the sand."

So sayeth the Holy Quran:

[Yusufali 5:65] If only the People of the Book had believed and been righteous, We should indeed have blotted out their iniquities and admitted them to gardens of bliss.

[Yusufali 5:66] If only they had stood fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course: but many of them follow a course that is evil.

[Yusufali 5:67] O Messenger! proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief). For Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

[Yusufali 5:68] Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.

[Yusufali 5:69] Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

I will not say much about the above other than the fact that when the Archbishop of Canterbury, who was a scholar of comparative religion, visited Iran in the 60s or 70s (I forget) he said that the most interesting thing about Islam was that it opened the doors of paradise to all righteous People of the Book (Abrahamaic religions).

We do not know factually the actual date when Christ was born of Mary. We do know various benchmarks such as the comment found in my King James version of our Holy Bible:

St. Luke, Chapter 2, verses 1-7: "1. And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world whould be taxed. 2. And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. 3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. 4. And Josephy also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because he was of the house and lineage of David. 5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. 6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. 7. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."

Your reference to the death, burial, and rescurrection of Christ. We have benchmarks of the traditional Jewish Passover which became to us Christians the Lord's Last Supper or in a church setting the basis for our communion of wine and bread. Thus if you would look to the time which passes after the Passover, which was an annual event, you can ball park the era or time approximately of when Jesus was taken before Pilot and Herrod.

Peaceful, informational, non-antagonistic mutually respectful comments on the occasion of Christmas, just as our Muslim brothers and sisters celebrate Eid (we called it Big Eid vs. Little Eid in my days working at the US Embassy in Karachi) are to me healthy and should contribute to better mutual understanding of what we believe in common vs. the radical, terrorist rantings of what they self-interpret as who is right and who is wrong. That sort of discussion is pointless and has led the world into the current war on terrorism which has done huge harm worldwide due to abuse and misuse of "religion."

A key parable which Jesus gave me from our Holy Bible is: "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Al-Maeda
Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say: "We are Christians:" because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. (82)

We consider the Christians to be closest to us. My question was for information only. If I have hurt anyones feelings I am sorry it was not intended.

Merry Christmas.

Everyone's scholarship, enlightened and most kind remarks and Christmas good wishes are welcome by this now age 71 year old veteran of two years in Pakistan, then West Pakistan.

Of all the many places I have visited, lived, or worked worldwide the most beautiful scene I ever hope to see was my first Christmas in Pakistan, December, 1963, when my commanding officer had me fly up from Karachi (where I was his Detachment Commander) for Christmas at the Badabur USAF Base Officers Club. There we were greeted by one of the very finest officers I ever knew, Air Chief Marshal Ashgar Khan, and some of his staff officers. We were also treated to Christmas hymns played by the Pakistani Frontier Forces bag pipe band! What a scene, K-2 framed in the huge picture window of our Officers Club, snow on the ground outside the club, and the colorful dress uniforms of the Pak Air Force and the Pak Frontier Guard Bag Pipers in kilts as best I can recall.

God bless us everyone, as Little Tim said in the classic story of Ebenezer Scrooge who finally woke up to the basic needs all around him in his fictional world, which real needs we all have around us every day in our real worlds whether in Pakistan, India, the UK, or here in the USA.

Cheers!

Dude, he was never crucified....................he was raised up in body & soul only to be returned to the world one day.

Christ was crucified, died and buried. He arose from the dead, visited with his disciples and then was raised up into Heaven, from whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

Your youth allows you time to study comparative religions and know what the Holy Bible teaches us Christians.

The cross is the symbol of Hope for salvation for mankind as we believe that Jesus came not to condemn mankind but to act as the intercessory for God so that all who would believe in Him as the Son of God send as the sacrifice for all mankind's sins might not perish but have everlasting life in Heaven.

Hope of eternal salvation together with God is the bottom line.

Merry Christmas and when Easter rolls around you will hear, see, and read more worldwide about the crucifiction, death, burial and resurrection of Christ. His birth is a wonderful thing but his resurrection is the most important thing.

Said another way in an old Protestant hymn I was raised singing in Tennessee: "He lives, He lives, and how do I know that He lives? He lives within my heart!"

Merry Christmas and keep the faith.

Last edited:
Al-Maeda
Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say: "We are Christians:" because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. (82)

We consider the Christians to be closest to us. My question was for information only. If I have hurt anyones feelings I am sorry it was not intended.

Merry Christmas.

Your comments about men who have renounced the world and they are not arrogant.

My wife and I were friends with a dear Franciscan Roman Catholic Priest (we ourselves are Protestants, Methodists) in years gone by. Father Ra Bobber was from Chicago, half Irish, half Polish. From a poor family he was educated through college and the seminary by the Roman Catholic Church to become a Priest. Prior to that Ray was a Seaman, telegrapher, in the US Navy during WW II.

The Franciscan Order as you can read by looking it up on the Internet renounces worldly goods and the soft life. Ray died of Alshiemers Disease several years ago at a home for elderly Priests in Fort Worth, Texas, far from his sister and other relatives still living in Chicago. He left nothing as he lived a pure, simple life.

Your comments caused me to think more deeply. Of course Catholic Priests are celebate, do not marry, again giving up much of the pleasant life most of us enjoy whereas our Protestant Ministers marry and have families.

This second reponse to your kind posting allowed me to memoralized Father Ray Bobber, Franciscan, who was a very good friend and a fine Christian gentleman.

Bless you for causing me to post this note which to most readers may be inconsequential but I liked a Man of God who sacrified all human comforts and pleasures to merely serve his fellow man and thereby our in common God.

Your youth allows you time to study comparative religions and know what the Holy Bible teaches us Christians.

Fortunately or unfortunately, things are not so cut and dry for us. Along with the Quran and the Bible we have to consider Dan Brown as well (definitely not making any comparison of the books here). Questions raised about the generally accepted facts about Jesus, the Council of Nicea, his virgin birth are as perplexing to Muslims as is questioning his mortality for Christians.

The problem emerges when you combine ancient pagan gods together and the stories all intertwine. The winter solstice birth and celebration, the virgin birth, the mother named Mary, the crucification, and the resurrection. I think most stories are similar to the Egyptian Horus' stories.

Dan Brown speculates that at the council of Nicea, just to make the religion more acceptable to his people, Constantine ordered the priests of both faiths to come together and invent things that would be acceptable to both people. Muslims might be cool with the bit about him being a mortal, but not so much about the other things either.

If we get into talking about differences among faiths as to who was Jesus and who was Muhammad, then positive efforts at working with what we share in common are lost and the door opens for radicals to harp on bloody themes.

Respect between and among religious faiths is sorely needed.

Mass education to read, write, and do simple math, building thereupon a higher education level and a higher standard of living can and should be encouraged by moderate religions, Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam, as well as other faiths, Hinduism, Bhuddism, and others.

We Protestants broke away from the Roman Catholic Church in Europe proper over theological differences. The Church of England under Henry the VIII broke away, initially, over the issue of divorce.

Men and women today should be free to chose their religion, and in some cases, if they are educationally unable to read, write or reason, or if they are highly educated and are cynical about any or all faiths, they should be free to have their private views or if you will "non-faith."

But even Einsteain, who proclaimed himself an agnostic, not an athiest, stated that he nor anyone else, in his view, could justify being an athiest as we all "had to come from somewhere" ultimately. No one can establish that there ever was "nothing."

I am among the Christian believers who have no problem reconciling God's divine creation of mankind with the scientific history of various ages and eras in our earth's geological history. We of my viewpoint as Christians do not attempt to date the creation nor deal in what was the length of "a day" in the Bible's telling of the creation of our world in seven days by God. I hope this explanation of "a day" is not confusing as some Christians who are very literal on use of the word "day" get hung up on and are oblivious to the evolution of our world, which evoluation in my and many other Christian's view is totally compatable with the process of what we are taught in our Holy Bible as "God's creation" of our world and it's people, Adam and Eve.

My Holy Bible teaches and beseaches us to "Pray without ceasing" which in the Muslim faith is epitomized by prayer several times daily.

These are deep topics about and among our faiths but viewed in context of the miraculous life of Jesus sent as the Son of God as the atonement on the cross for the sins of all mankind I am secure in my Christian faith but do not slam others faiths at the same time.

Digressing to the views of those I choose to term heretics to all mainline faiths is part of a history of mankind dialogue but not a part of what I believe about God and what Jews and Muslims believe about the same God.

I, personally, draw a sharp line between religion and civil government using Christ's motto in our Holy Bible: "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." This referred to taxes to be paid to the civil authorities and the tithe owed to the church to support it's religious mission and purposes.

Again Merry Christmas this Advent Season to one and all.

Maybe an overview of Advent would now be a good topic to explore?

Last edited:
If we get into talking about differences among faiths as to who was Jesus and who was Muhammad, then positive efforts at working with what we share in common are lost and the door opens for radicals to harp on bloody themes.

Respect between and among religious faiths is sorely needed.

Mass education to read, write, and do simple math, building thereupon a higher education level and a higher standard of living can and should be encouraged by moderate religions, Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam, as well as other faiths, Hinduism, Bhuddism, and others.

We Protestants broke away from the Roman Catholic Church in Europe proper over theological differences. The Church of England under Henry the VIII broke away, initially, over the issue of divorce.

Men and women today should be free to chose their religion, and in some cases, if they are educationally unable to read, write or reason, or if they are highly educated and are cynical about any or all faiths, they should be free to have their private views or if you will "non-faith."

But even Einsteain, who proclaimed himself an agnostic, not an athiest, stated that he nor anyone else, in his view, could justify being an agnostic as we all "had to come from somewhere" ultimately.

My Holy Bible teaches and beseaches us to "Pray without ceasing" which in the Muslim faith is epitomized by prayer several times daily.

These are deep topics about and among our faiths but viewed in context of the miraculous life of Jesus sent as the Son of God as the atonement on the cross for the sins of all mankind I am secure in my Christian faith but do not slam others faiths at the same time.

Digressing to the views of those I choose to term heretics to all mainline faiths is part of a history of mankind dialogue but not a part of what I believe about God and what Jews and Muslims believe about the same God.

I, personally, draw a sharp line between religion and civil government using Christ's motto in our Holy Bible: "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." This referred to taxes to be paid to the civil authorities and the tithe owed to the church to support it's religious mission and purposes.

Again Merry Christmas this Advent Season to one and all.

Maybe an overview of Advent would now be a good topic to explore?

Thank you!
To Muslims poster: Please.it is ok to tell other what we believe but it should be in a way so as to not offend anyone else's faith.

AE: I am actually flying to upstate NY, inshallah to attend an interfaith gathering between Christians & muslims on the 8th. I think this is the 2nd year that they are coming together. I believe they had about 800 people last year per one of the event organizers.

The problem emerges when you combine ancient pagan gods together and the stories all intertwine. The winter solstice birth and celebration, the virgin birth, the mother named Mary, the crucification, and the resurrection. I think most stories are similar to the Egyptian Horus' stories.

While what you say is believed by muslims, I personally would not say that to a Christian directly.
Dawah is done in a politer & non offending way.......... I hope u catch my drift.

Jesus is referred to by God, as "Ruhollah" or "The Spirit of God".

This is addition to my knowledge.

Obviously, i do not know much about religion as in Pakistan they do not teach us much about religion.

Just one 1/2cm thick book/year in school years and and than no chance once you got into professional studies.

Back
Top Bottom