What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

Arre..

Why doesn't Cameron allow us S Asians to settle in the Falklands.. as Brit citizens.

Change the demography, the Argentinians wont want it back then !!;)

UK should turn back Folkland to Agentina ASAP. Btw, what is the Spain political standing of Soverign of Falkland? We could play Folkland Card when Britain interfere our domestic affairs, we'd like to provide bomber fighter to Agentina if she request.

Im not sure what is the spain position, but that whould be equal to ask them what its their position about the spain soverign over the entire Argentina, as well the whole US belongs to UK.
UK saying that the Malvinas belong to them is equal to them saying that Virginia(and the entire US) belong to them.

What it matters here, is that the islands where under Buenos Aires spanish govement for long, in 1810, when we declare our independency, all of the ground controlled by Buenos Aires became us, and that incluides Malvinas, and the European countrys gived up any soverign claim over Argentina territory the day they recognised our independence, plain and simple. And all of them did.
Wharever they said it happened in 1600s is completely irrelevant at this point.

England taken over the islands by force in 1833 and 1834, probably because they wanted to use it as a supply base for what was to come in the 1840s, they still wanted to invade Argentina, they always wanted this territory, they attempted it several times, we finally drive them off in 1845 but we never able to reclaim the islands.

First, it is called Malvinas island.

Second, I bet Spain will be glad to see U.K. suffering as much as possible since Spain indeed wants its Gibraltar back as soon as possible.

UK should turn back Folkland to Agentina ASAP. Btw, what is the Spain political standing of Soverign of Falkland? We could play Folkland Card when Britain interfere our domestic affairs, we'd like to provide bomber fighter to Agentina if she request.

First, it is called Malvinas island.

Second, I bet Spain will be glad to see U.K. suffering as much as possible since Spain indeed wants its Gibraltar back as soon as possible.

Ah, now Spain cannot really take political pot shots at us over the Falklands, or even Gibraltar, considering they continue to possess enclaves in Morroco. France and French Guyana. Heck, even Russia and the Kuril Islands.

If the Falkland Islands were not islands, and in fact continguous with the South American landmass, then yes there would be a fair case for Argentina (similar to India and Goa in the 1960s, correct me if I'm wrong).

But we're haggling over relative distance. Distance is not a way to make claims, otherwise Trinidad and Tobago belongs to Venezuela, Alaska to Canada, Kaliningrad to Poland, and China would have no claim to the Spratly Islands.

What difference would it make to Argentina if it did possess the islands? The islands are largely self sufficient, the UK taxpayer barely pays a quid for keeping them and the Falklands don't pay 'tributes' to the UK mainland. In the 1982 invasion the Argentinians immediately enfored the teaching of Spanish in schools and cars driving on the Argentine side of the road. Now, apart from the latter being very dangerous (left-side cars driving on the right isn't fun!), that was coming very close to a form of colonialism, by forcing of one culture and practices over the long established, conquered one.

Taking or gaining the islands would not change anything in Argentina, be it the national wealth, healthcare, crime rates or regional security. Of all things it deprives at least one political party of a unifying point to distract to public away from the proverbial troubles at home.

One last point: should 'Falklands 2' break out, the outcome would not affect UK politics greatly. Foreign policy has hardly ever impacted on British election outcomes. Churchill was dumped in 1945 (Yes! After all of that!); despite Suez 1956 it was another 10 years before they lost power; Thatcher did not survive because of the Falklands, her government's economic plan later in 1982/1983, disunity in the Liberal-Democratic Alliance, and the Labour Party's suicidal manifesto, were far more important factors (Falklands-effect is a retrospective, easy, convenient term); Blair was re-elected after Iraq. Foreign policy is not a political lightning rod over here.

To conclude, Argentina must prove that it can offer the Falkland Islands a better standard of living than they currently have under UK 'rule' (they are largely self-governing if not completely) if they truly wish to possess the islands. But that doesn't change the fact that while they are nearer to Argentina, 300 miles off their coast is still a bloody long way away!

you spilt far more blood for Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Africa and the US. All of them were let go, or made you let go.

We made them go, they were not gonna do it on their own. And we don't need those land-grabbing anglo-saxons back. Go back to yer caves Europeans, this century belongs to Asia :flame:

Why Agentina buy some Bomber from China? A FBC or J-11B carrying J-803 or C-704 anti-ship missle will be lethal to UK navy frigates.

People of Falkland Islands wants to stay under UK's flag why people from miles away discussing their fate while they themselves already wants to stay with UK?

Who would want to be under Argentinas flag while you can have UK?

People of Falkland Islands wants to stay under UK's flag why people from miles away discussing their fate while they themselves already wants to stay with UK?

Who would want to be under Argentinas flag while you can have UK?
seem you'd like to live under UK flag, so you think everyone in Falkland appreciate it?

seem you'd like to live under UK flag, so you think everyone in Falkland appreciate it?

Peole of Falkland wants to live under British flag... Who are we to judge their fate from thausands of miles away... They have better standard of living with UK than they would have with Argentina...

PS: I am very happy with Turkey, thanks for your concern...

U smoke way too much pot...slack off the ganja dude and u'd realize the UK is nothing more than a pansy stooge for the US :coffee:
I find India and China members in this forum sometime hold similiar point of view in certain world affairs, this time the belonging of Falkland Island.

Peole of Falkland wants to live under British flag... Who are we to judge their fate from thausands of miles away... They have better standard of living with UK than they would have with Argentina...

PS: I am very happy with Turkey, thanks for your concern...
Can you call a invader PAPA when he could provide better living standard to you compared to your own father? What a weird logic you have.

I find India and China members in this forum sometime hold similiar point of view in certain world affairs, this time the belonging of Falkland Island.

Can you call a invader PAPA when he could provide better living standard to you compared to your own father? What a weird logic you have.

I'm of Indian origin, my ancestors are from there and I love that part of my culture and heritage. But I'm Singaporean, my family having been here since 1930's. Singaporeans share many common views with China and both our countries are close on many levels.

thanks for being loyal to your British masters even after 65 years-

Brits are not our masters anymore

and what he is saying is true

Britain is weak now but its NATO member

if US backs Britain on this issue Falklands wont be under Argentinian rule. be sure

Back
Top Bottom