What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is impossible......Livefist rumors are best to be overklooked :lol:

yah you r ryt.
But we need better ground attack fighter where i think rafale is much much better then EF coze we already have superiority f/a like Su-30mki and we get around 50 PAF-ka from 2017 which also air dominate fighter.

Yes rafale is the better ground attack fighter- no question about this ....... But since these two have been shortlisted the question of performance or capabilities is useless - the only thing which matters right now is which one is cheaper - and if it is the eft - well the iaf have stated that they will be happy with either one so i guess we will have to trust their decision ....

This is impossible......Livefist rumors are best to be overklooked :lol:

We would be wise to take all rumours with a pinch of salt but I dont think it is so far fetched that the eft wins so as to call it impossible.
Just look at the mica missile deal for the mirage 2000 - bloody expensive - the aim 120C which will come with the eft ( as a stop gap measure till we get the meteor) is far far cheaper - and if we buy the rafale we will be forced to buy large no. of micas as the rafale uses it as its dogfighting missile as well - compared to the eft's dogfighting missiles like aim 9x or iris T which are a third of the mica's price.
Looking at the mirage upgrade deal we can forsee that the rafale upgrades will bleed us dry as well. Also the rafale engines require more maintenance( am basing this on the fact that the ej 200 has fewer moving parts and lesser stages and are hailed as very good engines the world over)
so it would not be a surprise if the eft comes out to be L1

As I wrote in the MRCA discussion section, the high cost of French arms & spares played the larger part. Desault not ready to negotiate at all. See the M2k deal..

I feel strongly that we will get all know how of the radar & Avionics of EF. Else MoD will not go for American systems. May be later we can integrate our munitions and BVRs on EF.

As I wrote in the MRCA discussion section, the high cost of French arms & spares played the larger part. Desault not ready to negotiate at all. See the M2k deal..

I feel strongly that we will get all know how of the radar & Avionics of EF. Else MoD will not go for American systems. May be later we can integrate our munitions and BVRs on EF.

Agreed..... But why would we want to integrate our munitions and bvrs on eft - there is nothing in the forseeable future better than the meteor missile out there.

and what about TOT on EJ200 engine ....??

and what about TOT on EJ200 engine ....??

The point is, we Indians adhere the agreements of ToT and never copied it. Otherwise we make Su30 engines here now on ToT, bu never went to make a copy of it.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Agreed..... But why would we want to integrate our munitions and bvrs on eft - there is nothing in the forseeable future better than the meteor missile out there.

We should not get sanctions from USA any time. What if in critical time USA stopped giving weapons?

I would just say that be careful with your joy, who knows the next moment will thwart it for you and spoil the brat

We have seen such claims before ...where it was mentioned that a particular fighter has won the competition but then the news took a complete 360 degree .....until and unless there is no official declaration nothing can be rejoice

:lol: MMRCA is like a bollywood thriller. It never ends!

Anyways, so is IAF going to get any fighters off the shelf?

I would just say that be careful with your joy, who knows the next moment will thwart it for you and spoil the brat

We have seen such claims before ...where it was mentioned that a particular fighter has won the competition but then the news took a complete 360 degree .....until and unless there is no official declaration nothing can be rejoice

actually even if there is a 1080 degree turn....it doesnt matter....either eft or rafale..its pretty much badass for the neighbourhood its gonna be operating in....

Eurofighter Typhoon
may have emerged as
the lowest bidder (L1)
in MMRCA
Eurofighter Typhoon may have emerged as the lowest bidder (L1) in MMRCA | idrw.org

++
E126BE70-AAE4-4276-9F82-57A220338B52ArtVPF.gif

The Eurofighter Typhoon may have emerged as
the lowest bidder (L1) in the multi-billion dollar
deal to procure 126 fighter jets for the Indian Air
Force (IAF), according to people familiar with the
matter.
Mint could not independently verify this.The two
remaining contenders in the deal are likely to be
called by the defence ministry on Thursday, these
people said on condition of anonymity.
The Eurofighter Typhoon is promoted by
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., or
EADS. The other contender vying for the L1 slot
is the Rafale, promoted by Dassault SA.
Sitanshu Kar, the defence ministry’s
spokesperson, declined to comment.
Boeing’s F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Lockheed
Martin’s F-16IN Super Viper, both from the US
and initially seen to be among the frontrunners,
Russia’sMikoyan MiG-35 and Sweden’s Saab JAS
39 Gripen were the other contenders.
The defence ministry short-listed the Eurofighter
and the Rafale after extensive field trials. The
shortlist was announced on 29 April. The deal is
potentially worth $10 billion, which would make it
the single largest defence deal India has ever struck.

from the signals from EF website too, it seems they have fetched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom