What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got a news from livefist that eurofighter is the lowest bidder.....sorry i cant post the link because i am in north sikkim now for tour...with no laptop and i hardly get network here on phone..so someone pls do that.

just got a news from livefist that eurofighter is the lowest bidder.....sorry i cant post the link because i am in north sikkim now for tour...with no laptop and i hardly get network here on phone..so someone pls do that.

Here it is:
Livefist: Eurofighter Lowest Bidder In Indian MMRCA Bid, Sources Tell Newspaper

And here is the original newspaper link he quotes. Note that they mention that the information is unverified:
http://www.livemint.com/2012/01/09225047/Govt-to-soon-close-deal-for-fi.html

DSC05065.jpg

I'd been very wary all weekend about posting about a very strong rumour that's been doing the rounds specifically for the last five days or so, but now a mainsteam Indian business newspaper (Mint) has a piece today leading with precisely that -- word that the Eurofighter Typhoon has been identified by the Indian MoD as the lowest bidder (L1) in India's monumental $20-billion medium multirole combat aircraft (M-MRCA) competition. Obviously, there is no official confirmation of this, and there is unlikely to be any until a formal announcement is made either way. The competition has been marked by hearsay and rumours right through its life (sometimes, vendors have leapt in to correct them), and I'm only putting this post up since a mainstream newspaper has put it down in print (and that I'd heard the rumour as well). It's delicate right now.

The brief report goes on to say that representatives of EADS Cassidian and Dassault are to be summoned to the MoD on Thursday (Jan 12). So is this it? We'll know soon. Stay tuned.

Livefist: Eurofighter Lowest Bidder In Indian MMRCA Bid, Sources Tell Newspaper

Here is the livemint story -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Govt to soon close deal for fighter jets

The two remaining contenders in the deal are likely to be called by the defence ministry on Thursday

New Delhi: The Eurofighter Typhoon may have emerged as the lowest bidder (L1) in the multi-billion dollar deal to procure 126 fighter jets for the Indian Air Force (IAF), according to people familiar with the matter.

Mint could not independently verify this.

E126BE70-AAE4-4276-9F82-57A220338B52ArtVPF.gif

The two remaining contenders in the deal are likely to be called by the defence ministry on Thursday, these people said on condition of anonymity.

The Eurofighter Typhoon is promoted by European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., or EADS. The other contender vying for the L1 slot is the Rafale, promoted by Dassault SA.

Sitanshu Kar, the defence ministry’s spokesperson, declined to comment.

Boeing’s F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Lockheed Martin’s F-16IN Super Viper, both from the US and initially seen to be among the frontrunners, Russia’s Mikoyan MiG-35 and Sweden’s Saab JAS 39 Gripen were the other contenders.

The defence ministry short-listed the Eurofighter and the Rafale after extensive field trials. The shortlist was announced on 29 April. The deal is potentially worth $10 billion, which would make it the single largest defence deal India has ever struck.

Govt to soon close deal for fighter jets - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

So this is it? on Jan 12th ---is the day to announce the winner?

An EF documentary I absolutely love (in 1080p) has SAM, A2G and Su-35 :)

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Already posted.

You posted 34 minutest after I had posted. Just go to this page and see the timings India Defence

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly , its true that EF has won the mmrca
Despite all my faith Desault has screwed again
Rafale was only Marginally cheaper in terms of Fly away cost , as well as flying cost per hr , but its spare parts and weapon's Package was way too expensive

EF's offer to make India the spare part hub of Typhoon and MOD agreeing to Raytheon's pitch to do the weapons package , really clinched the deal for EF

Funny thing is that we are likely to get the better versions of Aim 9X , AMRAAM Aim 120C , Paveway III and JDAM purchased by Pakistan along with F16 Blk 52

Other Weapons will include
Harpoon Blk III with 312 km range , same as the one purchased for the P8I Neptune
HARM anti radiation missiles for use in SEAD and anti radar operations
BAE Brimstone Anti Armour Missiles , same as the one that will go in RAF Typhoons
These Weapon systems will together cost an Estimated 3 Billion USD , which is nearly 2 Billion USD cheaper than the French Package

Infact , the only Weapon that is still unknown is the Air Launched Cruise Missiles
With American Raytheon SLAM system competing with Storm Shadow and Taurus for a seperate weapon's contract for 120-132 Missiles worth an estimated 1 Billion USD.....

Sadly , its true that EF has won the mmrca
Despite all my faith Desault has screwed again
Rafale was only Marginally cheaper in terms of Fly away cost , as well as flying cost per hr , but its spare parts and weapon's Package was way too expensive

EF's offer to make India the spare part hub of Typhoon and MOD agreeing to Raytheon's pitch to do the weapons package , really clinched the deal for EF

Funny thing is that we are likely to get the better versions of Aim 9X , AMRAAM Aim 120C , Paveway III and JDAM purchased by Pakistan along with F16 Blk 52

Other Weapons will include
Harpoon Blk III with 312 km range , same as the one purchased for the P8I Neptune
HARM anti radiation missiles for use in SEAD and anti radar operations
BAE Brimstone Anti Armour Missiles , same as the one that will go in RAF Typhoons
These Weapon systems will together cost an Estimated 3 Billion USD , which is nearly 2 Billion USD cheaper than the French Package

Infact , the only Weapon that is still unknown is the Air Launched Cruise Missiles
With American Raytheon SLAM system competing with Storm Shadow and Taurus for a seperate weapon's contract for 120-132 Missiles worth an estimated 1 Billion USD.....

yah you r ryt.
But we need better ground attack fighter where i think rafale is much much better then EF coze we already have superiority f/a like Su-30mki and we get around 50 PAF-ka from 2017 which also air dominate fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom