What's new

Dancing in the Streets of Pakistan

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAAH i jsut went to youtube and typed pakstiani girl and that was the first thing that poped up ! and i was like wth,,,,,, then at same i felt in love then i came back to my senses ... haded to slap my self 2 times too old for that LOOLLLL stylll guud humor

abbey yara i was trying to put a point across but now i think i created a monster ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! now everyone like this thread beaucse of one video ... hehehehehehhehe

Everyone is a liberal at heart, just give up already :D

No need to hurt yourself through self-flagellation to subdue that inner liberal voice. :P

:hitwall::rofl:

yes yes it was ,,,,,
but eh adleast i got a kick out of it for a split seconed ....but my wife dident soo now i got to hear the music and the:blah::blah::blah:

yes iam liberal but not too liberal only if somethings that are haram in islam iam a conservative and would look to political way of solveing it that the way to go :pakistan:

Last edited:
religion and the way to follow it must be onces choice.... it should not be imposed
and by the way is this much (vids in post 1) considered indecent in pakistan?????
its just baccha log having masti yaar...... hum bhi karte thee i mean hai..... :D

@zagahaga
please keep making more points like that :D
she is hawwt !!!

religion must be onces choice.... it should not be imposed
and by the way is this much (vids in post 1) considered indecent in pakistan?????
its just baccha log having masti yaar...... hum bhi karte thee i mean hai..... :D

@zagahaga
she is hawwt !!!

:cheers: adlest i made some one day ... yes in pakistan it is shown as indecent .... thru conservative mind set go into a liberal mind set a comeplete picture appears that it is ok ..... sooo baically some of the society rejects it and some dont :cheesy:

lol more points i was against it ehheeheh no with it but still i wish i had my chilhood back thoes good all day just clubing drinking smokeing and studying ...but that all changed so dont get me wrong

Music and dance are an inalienable part of our culture...

This is a very tragically lost statement in this thread.

No one says that music and dance are not part of our culture, in fact they're part of every culture. Even the Saudi women have their own dance. Arabs have debke dance.

But can you really say with a straight face that the dance in that video is part of our culture? Is it a part of our traditions?

Why does our secular/liberal elites justify and enjoy dancing to the tunes of foreigners?

Where's the patriotic spirit?

Opps...have I said something blasphemous against the elite? LOL

I understand this thread began with the average ritual of issuing condemnations of Mullahs and Islamic forces and blaming them for the decline in the lavish lifestyle of the morally and culturally lost secular elite. So i am not going to bring religion into this thread.

But...The idea is brilliant, though I would have liked it if only the boys had danced but no girls were involved, and danced to the tunes of Abrar's Bhangra. That would have been more cheerful.

I suggested that they should have used bhangra. Would have been more appropriate. But moral brigade took over. Couldn't do anything.

The best example of a religion based State that is allowing religious orthodoxy, liberalism and conservatism to coexist, and doing so while reaching great heights in the arts and sciences.

Are there problems with religiously motivated violence orchestrated by religious Jewish extremists on liberal 'Jews'? Yes, and the State of Israel ensures that it plays its part in protecting the freedoms of those who do not share the view of the conservatives or orthodox.

This is the example we need to emulate in Pakistan.

Israel out of all those places? Oh sir, Com'on! That's very shortsighted way of looking at Israel. I don't mean to be bias, but Israel exists because of economic and military donations from the US. If you give that much money to the poor Africans, I'm sure they might come up with some remarkable inventions.

And, Pakistan should NOT emulate an apartheid state with the most Human Rights abuse cases filed against her in UN.

The best example would be Malaysia and Iran. I would say Malaysia is the best country in the Islamic world that goes by religion, with tolerance and ethics.

In the West it's most probably Switzerland and Canada.

I don't mean to be

I suggested that they should have used bhangra. Would have been more appropriate. But moral brigade took over. Couldn't do anything.

Haha...Sir! The so called moral brigade really represents our mainstream society. Then again it would be really unfair to throw them in a corner and impose our opinions on them....

They're not fortunate enough for economic reasons to study philosophy and ethics of religion in premier colleges by actual scholars and intellectuals. They attend public schooling where knowledge is not imparted but hammered down the heads.

While we' been exploiting them economically, it wouldn't hurt and matter imposing new cultural values onto them. Afterall, we have studied at the best western schools and by virtue of it really know the meaning of life, in the words of Musharraf, we're the "enlightened" souls..

FATA near the Pak-Afghan border.

We should have these girls dance there, and we'll see the public's reaction.

I'm tired of it happening only in Lahore and Karachi.

Take these things to FATA and lets see the public's reaction towards this :sniper:

Yes, i know where tribal areas are. That's why I put a question mark in front of it. If the same dance occasion is held in tribal areas, i am sure everyone of us know what's gona happen there. lol

This is a very tragically lost statement in this thread.

No one says that music and dance are not part of our culture, in fact they're part of every culture. Even the Saudi women have their own dance. Arabs have debke dance.

But can you really say with a straight face that the dance in that video is part of our culture? Is it a part of our traditions?

I don't know what Saudi women have to do with this... Pakistani and Saudi culture couldn't be more different! And frankly, thank the Good Lord for that!

Let's not get caught up in semantics. The point is not whether a specific form of dance is "Pakistani", but rather that people have the freedom to do as they please and in general, dance is a part of our culture. Keen in mind, there is no stagnant form of dance, much as there is no stagnant form of art. Luddi is part of our culture, bhangra is, classical dances are and all these forms have evolved over time. If young people want to experiment with other kinds of dances, there shouldn't be any issue with that and they shouldn't have to get a cultural compatibility certificate which would only officially authorize luddi and bhangra.

Pakistanis (granted, the more well-off ones) have been ballroom dancing in mixed gatherings for about 250 years now. How long does it take for something to become "a part of culture"? Culture evolves all the time.

Why does our secular/liberal elites justify and enjoy dancing to the tunes of foreigners?

Come on! Tunes of foreigners? The music was written composed and played in Pakistan and sung in Urdu. Are you taking issue with the use of western musical instruments? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. If they played the same music using tablas and sitars, both inventions of the late great saint, Hazrat Amir Khusro, it would have been ok?

Speaking of Hazrat Amir Khusro, what a fabulous example of the perfect meld of a liberal mind and a soul in tune with the Creator. On the one hand he is writing Man Kunto Maula, and Nami da nam which have inspired lovers of the Prophet (pbuh) for a thousand years, and on the other he is promoting religious harmony, writing love songs, couplets, jokes, riddles and inventing new and exciting musical instruments! Our society was more culturally advanced a thousand years ago than it is today, in many ways. Oh blessed would we be were an Amir Khusro to grace this land again!

Where's the patriotic spirit?

Opps...have I said something blasphemous against the elite? LOL

The people who participated in the making of these videos did an incredibly patriotic thing... Pakistan is our country and we have the freedom to do as we please, as long as we stay within the realms of law. It doesn't matter if our exercise of freedom conflicts with some other individual's preferences. They are living their lives, we are living ours. To each his own. To stand up for our freedom is the MOST patriotic thing we can do. We are taking our Pakistan back from the pig-headed, medieval obscurantists! I look forward to a time - which is not far away at all - when someone dancing in the streets doesn't become a big subject of discussion and is instead looked upon as a regular, every day, normal occurrence. Much like someone marching down the street in a burqa, or hijab. Jis ki jo marzi, apnay mulk mein karay as long as they don't impinge on other people's freedom.

I understand this thread began with the average ritual of issuing condemnations of Mullahs and Islamic forces and blaming them for the decline in the lavish lifestyle of the morally and culturally lost secular elite. So i am not going to bring religion into this thread.

I don't know who is lost... people who debate all day long as to which formulaic prayer to recite before entering the toilet, which foot to lift (as per the spirit of their so called religion) before entering a building, and how many units of sawaab are allocated for different actions (as if there is a sawaab gazette available to them!) or those who have broader horizons and believe that there are *many* sources of enlightenment, knowledge and understanding... those who are ready to go to the proverbial "China" to obtain knowledge without feeling insecure about their beliefs and identity.

But...The idea is brilliant, though I would have liked it if only the boys had danced but no girls were involved, and danced to the tunes of Abrar's Bhangra. That would have been more cheerful.

I liked it as-is. Given the huge success of the campaign, I can safely conclude that most Pakistanis enjoyed it. Hey, it's better than watching a degenerate saas-bahu drama on Star!

I don't know what Saudi women have to do with this... Pakistani and Saudi culture couldn't be more different! And frankly, thank the Good Lord for that!

Let's not get caught up in semantics. The point is not whether a specific form of dance is "Pakistani", but rather that people have the freedom to do as they please and in general, dance is a part of our culture. Keen in mind, there is no stagnant form of dance, much as there is no stagnant form of art. Luddi is part of our culture, bhangra is, classical dances are and all these forms have evolved over time. If young people want to experiment with other kinds of dances, there shouldn't be any issue with that and they shouldn't have to get a cultural compatibility certificate which would only officially authorize luddi and bhangra.

Pakistanis (granted, the more well-off ones) have been ballroom dancing in mixed gatherings for about 250 years now. How long does it take for something to become "a part of culture"? Culture evolves all the time.

Come on! Tunes of foreigners? The music was written composed and played in Pakistan and sung in Urdu. Are you taking issue with the use of western musical instruments? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. If they played the same music using tablas and sitars, both inventions of the late great saint, Hazrat Amir Khusro, it would have been ok?

Speaking of Hazrat Amir Khusro, what a fabulous example of the perfect meld of a liberal mind and a soul in tune with the Creator. On the one hand he is writing Man Kunto Maula, and Nami da nam which have inspired lovers of the Prophet (pbuh) for a thousand years, and on the other he is promoting religious harmony, writing love songs, couplets, jokes, riddles and inventing new and exciting musical instruments! Our society was more culturally advanced a thousand years ago than it is today, in many ways. Oh blessed would we be were an Amir Khusro to grace this land again!

The people who participated in the making of these videos did an incredibly patriotic thing... Pakistan is our country and we have the freedom to do as we please, as long as we stay within the realms of law. It doesn't matter if our exercise of freedom conflicts with some other individual's preferences. They are living their lives, we are living ours. To each his own. To stand up for our freedom is the MOST patriotic thing we can do. We are taking our Pakistan back from the pig-headed, medieval obscurantists! I look forward to a time - which is not far away at all - when someone dancing in the streets doesn't become a big subject of discussion and is instead looked upon as a regular, every day, normal occurrence. Much like someone marching down the street in a burqa, or hijab. Jis ki jo marzi, apnay mulk mein karay as long as they don't impinge on other people's freedom.

I don't know who is lost... people who debate all day long as to which formulaic prayer to recite before entering the toilet, which foot to lift (as per the spirit of their so called religion) before entering a building, and how many units of sawaab are allocated for different actions (as if there is a sawaab gazette available to them!) or those who have broader horizons and believe that there are *many* sources of enlightenment, knowledge and understanding... those who are ready to go to the proverbial "China" to obtain knowledge without feeling insecure about their beliefs and identity.

I liked it as-is. Given the huge success of the campaign, I can safely conclude that most Pakistanis enjoyed it. Hey, it's better than watching a degenerate saas-bahu drama on Star!

nicely put sir :tup:

I like the way you think boss, and the way you put it in words! More power to you and Pakistanis like you. :cheers:

Bhangra would have indeed been more appropriate if the Company in question was promoting freshly brewed Lassi instead of a Western beverage.

Keep culture and religion aside.

Dance in the public is not allowed no matter what you say or do.
The flag of liberalism cannot justify the actions. Similarly, the flag of imposing your agenda cannot be justified.

The dance in pubic is against our religion but is part of our culture.

But still I don't have any right to stop those extreme liberal people because God will decide what is wrong or right.

Similarly, mehdi, walima functions are not part of our religion but are part of our culture.

Society has shaped in to a more modern one and it is natural to make excuses to justify your actions.

I am not that conservative nor so liberal but I sure have tolerance for extreme conservatives and extreme liberals.

Tolerance for everyone leads to a glorious society.

is this alright ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom