What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i was under a false impression that the athlete village bill was being paid for out of indian pockets; traffic issue is also a relevant point i guess though ive never been to delhi --i assume its as bad if not worse than downtown Karachi

you know how these westerners are....any sense of danger or harm and they hide under their covers for days. :D

South Asians are a bit more fatalistic in their thinking. That's why you see guys sitting on top of buses and trains and dangling outside of open doors rather than waiting an extra 20 minutes

in my opinion --best way to ''save face'' as far as villages are concerned --- turn it into subsidized housing projects for low income people....at this point, its a sunk cost. There may be stigma attached to it for the rich. It can be utilized for this purpose

though then it may cause more problems than solutions....poor people will be stampeding and smashing eachother in order to secure a unit for themself and their family ---and it could lead to further corruption.

I dunno, just thinking aloud.

given the location, each of the apartments in this village will sell for no less than USD 500 per sq foot. Nothing subsidized about it ;)

atleast they should put a lid on the idiot who is saying this is our standard of cleanliness.

Our standard of cleanliness may be different from theirs: Bhanot

2010-09-21 18:30:00
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (CGOC) secretary-general Lalit Bhanot said Tuesday that the concerns about hygiene and cleanliness at the Games Village will be addressed and standards upgraded within 36 hours to the expectations of the visiting contingents.

Reacting to adverse reports regarding the '****** living conditions' at the Village, Bhanot said standards of cleanliness and hygiene differed from one person to the other and what one thought was clean may not appear that clean to others.

'We have told the Chefs de Mission that the level of hygiene and cleanliness at the Games Village will be upgraded within 36 hours. We are doing entire cleaning of the residential wing. In fact cleaning in 50 percent of the towers is already complete and the remaining will be done in 36 hours,' said Bhanot.

Bhanot admitted that the organising committee has received Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) president Mike Fennell's letter to Cabinet Secretary K.M. Chandrashekar, the government's seniormost official who is overseeing the Games' preparations, in which the former expressed his concerns about the cleanliness and hygiene at the Village as have some visiting delegations, particularly the New Zealand chef de mission.

'This is not a matter of shame; all work will be done by tomorrow,' Bhanot told a questioner.

'Fennell wrote a letter raising some concerns and today cabinet secretary, sports secretary, Lt.Governor and principal secretary to the prime minister met and said that all support should be lent (by the Indian government) to organising committee,' he said.

what a fruitcake!!! :angry:

Listen....the PM needs to go on a war footing with mobilising manpower and machinery to get the job done...

Your wish comes true

CWG mess: PM steps in; calls Gill, Reddy for meeting

NEW DELHI: With the build-up to the Commonwealth Games going from bad to worse, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has called a meeting with sports minister MS Gill and urban development minister Jaipal Reddy on Thursday to discuss the troubled preparations for the October 3 to 14 event.

Singh will meet Gill and Reddy, who heads the Group of Ministers overseeing the Games' preparations, here this evening in the face of the mounting international criticism of the country's preparedness to hold the event, sources in the Prime Minister's Office said.

The meeting comes two days after international delegates lambasted the Games Village as "****** and uninhabitable" and top teams such as Canada, Scotland and New Zealand delayed their departure to the Indian capital.

The Games' build-up has been nothing short of disaster which has only grown in proportion ever since allegations of corruption first came out.

Apart from accusations of inefficiency, the Organising Committee and the government have also been left embarrassed by the collapse of a foot over-bridge near the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, which is the main venue for the mega-event.

The first multi-sport international event being held in India since the 1982 Asian Games threatens to become a national embarrassment with several top athletes already pulling out and some more adopting a wait-and-watch policy before taking a final call.

Read more: CWG mess: PM steps in; calls Gill, Reddy for meeting - The Times of India CWG mess: PM steps in; calls Gill, Reddy for meeting - The Times of India

ok i was under a false impression that the athlete village bill was being paid for out of indian pockets; traffic issue is also a relevant point i guess though ive never been to delhi --i assume its as bad if not worse than downtown Karachi

you know how these westerners are....any sense of danger or harm and they hide under their covers for days. :D

South Asians are a bit more fatalistic in their thinking. That's why you see guys sitting on top of buses and trains and dangling outside of open doors rather than waiting an extra 20 minutes

in my opinion --best way to ''save face'' as far as villages are concerned --- turn it into subsidized housing projects for low income people....at this point, its a sunk cost. There may be stigma attached to it for the rich. It can be utilized for this purpose

though then it may cause more problems than solutions....poor people will be stampeding and smashing eachother in order to secure a unit for themself and their family ---and it could lead to further corruption.

I dunno, just thinking aloud.

These flats will be sold in crores(u can put ur numbers).These r luxurious flats,but the problem is that a big part of them not yet furnished.And organizing committee have shown the media those flats, which are furnished properly and ppl have been given false promises.

sai sai....

but tell me seriously, what was the point of wasting money on these athletic village buildings?

from purely macroeconomic (and even micro) perspective, indian would have gained from putting them up in the hotels......hotels would then make their pricing most competitive --and we all know in market economy competition is healthy....easily the state could have subsidized VIP transport for them

that would have been cheaper, and still most economically effective method.
The main advantage is security of athlets.
Its difficult to provide security to players spread accross 100 of hotels in delhi and their delegattions. It also helps reduce your logistical budget because we in our bid we have also mentioned that we will provide commuting charges to all of the countries participating.

There are various reasons, so a village was meant for good.

Is there any news of another structure falling down after the bridge ?

Its great politics on your part jana. First you post a super hot troll and than you run in to webby and complain about too many trolls in thread
Jana to webby
"
oh webby oooo check this thread yara alot of trolls

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/73446-currie-cwg-could-called-off.html"

I dont care if i get banned for showing truth. Am already disappointed with double standard moderation that i have seen.

Last edited:
Its great politics on your part jana. First you post a super hot troll and than you run in to webby and complain about too many trolls in thread
Jana to webby
"
oh webby oooo check this thread yara alot of trolls

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/73446-currie-cwg-could-called-off.html"

dont care if i get banned for showing truth. Am already disappointed with double standard moderation that i have seen.
tell someone who cares!:bunny:

A Rahman posted it in another thread i guess posting it again is worth

3561218.bin

Monsoon rains, a dengue fever epidemic, car bombs, a collapsing pedestrian bridge, corrupt construction rackets, traffic Armageddon, indifferent politicians and a ****** athletes’ village that does not even have proper plumbing yet. Or wiring. Or paint on the walls.

Read more: India insists Commonwealth Games will go on as criticism mounts

Corruptions apart pakistni's start crying with happiness the moment they haer something against india:disagree:... Corruption has been a big issue in these games the crooks will be booked but after the game...The media in our country is over reactive accidents do take place,u are talking as if bridges in other countries dnt collapse...falling of a footoover bridge wont get the games cancelled..the same problems where thie in chian two with internatuional media crying foul but when the ceremony took place all kept shut...do you knw delhi is facing the worst floods in 32 years..its raining like hell...for troll parties who think mishaps happen only in India have alook at this
Bridge collapse in Australia
Bridge collapse: contractor says plans to blame - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times
Bridge Collapse in Canada
Bridge Collapse North of Moose Jaw - SaskatoonHomepage.ca - Saskatoon, Local News, Weather, and Sports.

one has to be rational and understand that in big projects when under construction accidents happens or some small things have to adjusted.

Everything will be taken care of no need to demoralize a developing nation just because we are going to give develop nations some competition in economy, trade and military etc.

acc to me OZZ n new zealand wants games should be held in india
bcoz India snatches worldcup 2011 from them......
By the Game will be Held there .....no body stop it
if Cancel
KALMADI should be Hanged ....TAT SHOULD BE SHOwned LIVE

Corruptions apart pakistni's start crying with happiness the moment they haer something against india:disagree:... Corruption has been a big issue in these games the crooks will be booked but after the game...The media in our country is over reactive accidents do take place,u are talking as if bridges in other countries dnt collapse...falling of a footoover bridge wont get the games cancelled..the same problems where thie in chian two with internatuional media crying foul but when the ceremony took place all kept shut...do you knw delhi is facing the worst floods in 32 years..its raining like hell...for troll parties who think mishaps happen only in India have alook at this
Bridge collapse in Australia
Bridge collapse: contractor says plans to blame - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times
Bridge Collapse in Canada
Bridge Collapse North of Moose Jaw*-*SaskatoonHomepage.ca - Saskatoon, Local News, Weather, and Sports.

one has to be rational and understand that in big projects when under construction accidents happens or some small things have to adjusted.

Everything will be taken care of no need to demoralize a developing nation just because we are going to give develop nations some competition in economy, trade and military etc.

3561218.bin

Monsoon rains, a dengue fever epidemic, car bombs, a collapsing pedestrian bridge, corrupt construction rackets, traffic Armageddon, indifferent politicians and a ****** athletes’ village that does not even have proper plumbing yet. Or wiring. Or paint on the walls.

3561218.bin

Your happiness is paramount madam you can have all the laugh in the world..carry on:argh:

acc to me OZZ n new zealand wants games should be held in india
bcoz India snatches worldcup 2011 from them......
By the Game will be Held there .....no body stop it
if Cancel
KALMADI should be Hanged ....TAT SHOULD BE SHOwned LIVE

Oh sardar jee the dog and labourers who pooed (did potty) on beds and floors of rooms meant for foreign players were NOT at all planted by Kiwis or Aussies to fail your CWGs because you snatched world cup from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom