What's new

Cultural aggression creating demand for Indian goods in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without going into theatrics or expletives, let me calmly explain why Indian exports find export markets.

Creativity and/or innovation is the last reason for that. Low Price and shoddiness is the ONLY reason.

India is known for price sensitive, third-rate sub-par export goods, plain and simple. While the whole subcontinent (even Asia) is more or less known for sub-par products, Indian items are the ones that get cursed universally by Western consumers for being universally horrible. Even Chinese care about quality more than Indian exporters.

Indian manufacturers take short-sighted shortcuts making anything and that includes supposedly 'creative products' like software.

The average contract for software going to India often gets cancelled for lack of skill/quality because they can't 'find' people with skills....plenty of 'creativity' there I suppose....

The average H1B guy/gal coming in from India (another 'creative' export) is also typically the graduate of a four-month course on programming. Their English and conversational etiquette is atrocious, as is their personal hygiene standards. Low-Price export.

The engineering exports you boast about are mostly non-existent or are low grade. I've never heard about 'Made in India' and 'quality' mentioned in the same sentence...Indian tools for example are found nowhere except the local 99 cent cheap outlet. Low priced shoddy goods are not a mark of 'creativity'.

Commodities such as Agricultural, process oriented (petroleum, textiles) by the way are also not 'creative' exports, any way you twist it. It makes sense to no one expect Bhakt posters. Again, price-sensitive exports.

A hammer that bends in the hands of a five year old? Yes it was probably Made in India.

Even cheap Chinese tools are way better.

Pharmaceuticals made by the likes of Ranbaxy on expired patents are another cheap generic export. I don't know what's so 'creative' about it since there are scores of companies in Bangladesh making and exporting these same pharma products.

Indian companies like Hero tied up in the eighties with Honda and later kicked them out after copying the parts and the technology. Nothing 'creative' there. This story was repeated many times in India.

I could just go on and on but I digress......

Well my apologies. A Jack *** is a foolish person and I should not have used that moniker. I don't believe I used that word toward you personally.

Apology accepted. Though you did not address the second part of my statement.

@Levina I come to realise this, if you bring a broader context and draw a wider line from Afghanistan to BD and Kerala to Assam overlapping BD then we have similarities. But you got a bad example earlier by comparing us with people like rain man exclusively. That is why we have confusion arisen. We have little to do with them.

Surely Bangladeshis are different from us, we Indians define your language, literature, music, culture, even religious school (Deobandi, Barelvi, Sufi, etc.).......and you follow!! :)

A country which is twenty two times your country's size isnt called "insignificant". It also happens to share 80% of your boundary.
Logically, osmosis of culture should happen from a bigger country to smaller country.
Enough said.

Just imagine...if India is an insignificant state, then what is Bangladesh? This is why I just love BD section! :D

A country which is twenty two times your country's size isnt called "insignificant". It also happens to share 80% of your boundary.
Logically, osmosis of culture should happen from a bigger country to smaller country.
Enough said.

Levina madam you just proved today your significance in this forum. I thought you must be from rare higher stock iq of this forum. But Im disappointed as you couldn't grasp a simple meaning of insignificant state of India. That just solved the puzzle today why Bengle is waste in India.

It's a done deal brother, we the Indian Bengalis have standardized the Bengali language that your country recognizes as their official language. Just pick up today's newspaper in Bangladesh, the language you see is not commonly spoken in Bangladesh (barring maybe in some Dhaka elite circles), but we speak it commonly here in Kolkata. Boooooohhooooooooooo!! :P

You are repeatedly saying same thing again and again without any reference and copyright. Do you want to say whatever is written in newspaper not spoken by any Bangladeshi??? People from Jessore, Kushtia speaks in bookish Bangla. Original Dhakaya dialect is very rough and tough.

Hollywood movies are watched in India and the West has lot of influence on Indians. But India is able to develop its own Bollywood, etc. Similarly, Bangladesh has to start and develop local film industry. Have an open mind. BTW i like Bangladesh. Its a progressive nation with a future.

Levina madam you just proved today your significance in this forum. I thought you must be from rare higher stock iq of this forum. But Im disappointed as you couldn't grasp a simple meaning of insignificant state of India. That just solved the puzzle today why Bengle is waste in India.

Please refrain from personal attacks and maintain an environment of useful and healthy discussion dear...:)

They all are Indian Bengalis, even I am a bangal, does that make me a Bangladeshi? :P And yes, 'our' Shirshendu is also an Indian Bengali. :devil:

The first line of your post, especially the bold part is not entirely true, the size of 'Bangal' population in West Bengal stands in contradiction to that statement. Leaving that aside, let's stick the far more important point of 'why Bangladeshis, who are totally different from us as per their own claim, use a language which is similar to the language in 2-3 Indian states and has it's roots in Sanskrit'? Then there are the issues of similar food, dress, music, and many other things that need to be resolved, Bangladeshis need to discard all of these to establish the fact they are totally different. :D

It's a done deal brother, we the Indian Bengalis have standardized the Bengali language that your country recognizes as their official language. Just pick up today's newspaper in Bangladesh, the language you see is not commonly spoken in Bangladesh (barring maybe in some Dhaka elite circles), but we speak it commonly here in Kolkata. Boooooohhooooooooooo!! :P
I never say we are different......we are similar people....we are just better....cos we has FREEDOM mate.

Enough said.
I am not defending his sentiment or remark..but I think he meant WB is an insignificant state inside India.Not referring to India as an insignificant country.

I never say we are different......we are similar people....we are just better....cos we has FREEDOM mate.

You are just one here...many more Bangladeshis are claiming that they are totally different from us in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g...so they win by majority votes. It's official now that Bangladeshis are totally different from us, and with that @asad71 's BANSAM fantasy goes down the gutter...!! :P

And here Bangladeshis are crying that their people are slaves of Indian TV programs and cinemas and Bollywood songs...so there goes your FREEDOM claim..:D

Surely Bangladeshis are different from us, we Indians define your language, literature, music, culture, even religious school (Deobandi, Barelvi, Sufi, etc.).......and you follow!! :)

Deobandi and Barelvis are independent in BD. And largest deobandi gathering occurs in BD. Even BD Moulavis go to India and turn village after village ex Muslims back Islam. Life doesnt rely solely on music and literature. We can follow world music literature but we have independent music literature. Language is independent in BD (stop bs it was standardized when WB was under us). See the meaning of culture and try to grasp it. Our culture is giving world peace, yours is cow protection and toilet less.

You are repeatedly saying same thing again and again without any reference and copyright. Do you want to say whatever is written in newspaper not spoken by any Bangladeshi??? People from Jessore, Kushtia speaks in bookish Bangla. Original Dhakaya dialect is very rough and tough.

Yes...bookish Bangla...official Bangla...standardized Bangla......that is our, the Indian Bengalis gift to the world. :angel: You are free to use it, but the question is, being totally different from us is it desirable for Bangladeshis to use it? :)

Deobandi and Barelvis are independent in BD. And largest deobandi gathering occurs in BD. Even BD Moulavis go to India and turn village after village ex Muslims back Islam. Life doesnt rely solely on music and literature. We can follow world music literature but we have independent music literature. Language is independent in BD (stop bs it was standardized when WB was under us). See the meaning of culture and try to grasp it. Our culture is giving world peace, yours is cow protection and toilet less.

Deobandi and Barelvis are Indian schools of Islam....and Bangladeshis are followers. :)

And when West Bengal was under Bangladesh??? Who wrote that 'history' book, Munshi?? :D

Bengali culture and language is Hindu world just like Tamil, Kannada, Haryanavi, etc. A bunch of Muslims cannot have any claim no matter how many follow it.

Yes...bookish Bangla...official Bangla...standardized Bangla......that is our, the Indian Bengalis gift to the world. :angel: You are free to use it, but the question is, being totally different from us is it desirable for Bangladeshis to use it? :)

Deobandi and Barelvis are Indian schools of Islam....and Bangladeshis are followers. :)

And when West Bengal was under Bangladesh??? Who wrote that 'history' book, Munshi?? :D

Who cares about your claim? You cannot prove it with any evidence. There is no Bengali in India. We call them Indian. The world is not aware about "Indian Bengalis". The whole world knows Bangla is the language of Bangladesh and Hindi is the language of India. There are 4 schools accepted in sunni Islam- Hanafi, Maliki, Hanbali and Shafi'i. Most of the Bangladeshis follow Hanafi madhab. Deobandi and Barelvis are not schools. You can name it as movement. They started tablig movement to spread Islam and increase the practice of Islam among the muslims in sub-continent. About history check the map of independent Sultanate of Bengal during the reign of Alauddin Hussein Shah. The Bengal Sultanate was a sovereign state that encompassed present-day Bangladesh, the Indian state of West Bengal and the Myanmarese state of Rakhine between the 14th and 16th centuries. It was a regional power and a melting pot of diverseMuslims, Hindus and Buddhists, located at the crossroads of modern South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Who cares about your claim? You cannot prove it with any evidence. There is no Bengali in India. We call them Indian. The world is not aware about "Indian Bengalis". The whole world knows Bangla is the language of Bangladesh and Hindi is the language of India. There are 4 schools accepted in sunni Islam- Hanafi, Maliki, Hanbali and Shafi'i. Most of the Bangladeshis follow Hanafi madhab. Deobandi and Barelvis are not schools. You can name it as movement. They started tablig movement to spread Islam and increase the practice of Islam among the muslims in sub-continent. About history check the map of independent Sultanate of Bengal during the reign of Alauddin Hussein Shah. The Bengal Sultanate was a sovereign state that encompassed present-day Bangladesh, the Indian state of West Bengal and the Myanmarese state of Rakhine between the 14th and 16th centuries. It was a regional power and a melting pot of diverseMuslims, Hindus and Buddhists, located at the crossroads of modern South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Now don't break your computer over such fantastic false claims. :P

The only real Bengalis are the Bengalis of India.

"What is Bangladesh" is a deadly quiz question that can stump any good quiz master in the world, let alone the common folks.

And Bengal Sultanate was/is not Bangladesh.

Now don't lose your mind over it, have a good night's sleep. :)

@Anubis now I am feeling bad for him...:(

"What is Bangladesh" is a deadly quiz question that can stump any good quiz master in the world, let alone the common folks.

So we are fake Bengalis? We speak Bangla as mother language. So how come we are fake Bengalis? Bangladesh is a country, West Bengal is a state of a country. This is difference between you and us.

When we say Bangladesh it means country of Bengalis. When we say India it means country of Indians. We were one unit under British Indian empire. We were also called Indians before 1947 but we have come a long way now. There is not much 'Indian' in Bangladeshi culture apart from some resemblance with West Bengal but we will geographically remain intertwined forever with India.

We are South Korea..you are North Korea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom