What's new

Cultural aggression creating demand for Indian goods in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to Pakistan where 93% of it flows, India and China with just 5% and 2% respectively. No idea how that becomes important to India.
I don't wish to offend but let's please put some facts in perspective.

Pakistan is a historic aberration. Or at least a rarity. Like Tannu Tuva, Deutsche Democratische Republik, Republic of Vietnam, Soviet Union etc. Time has a way to deal with such events. Time will tell. (of course this applies to us as well)

The name of our country is officially Bharatya Ganarajya which is based on Bharat - the same name that is use for over 5000 years. People outside have come to know us with various names - Hindu, Indo, Inde, India, Indika, Al Hind etc. Like there are several names for China. But like China, our civilization remains - conscious and alive (unlike Persian, Babylonian, Egyptian, etc) And as per our ethos, our early beginning river Indus has sustained our forefathers with life - which we pagans continue to revere to this day (and will do so as long as we remain).

Nation states will come and go. But the consciousness will remain - regardless of internal squabbles - we will still have enough glue to hold us together, we will find enough reasons to stay united than otherwise.

So there is our significance of the river Indus, our ancient livegiver, on the same platform of other rivers. They are all mentioned in our national anthem as well.

Hope that answers your doubts.

I don't wish to offend but let's please put some facts in perspective.

Pakistan is a historic aberration. Or at least a rarity. Like Tannu Tuva, Deutsche Democratische Republik, Republic of Vietnam, Soviet Union etc. Time has a way to deal with such events. Time will tell. (of course this applies to us as well)

The name of our country is officially Bharatya Ganarajya which is based on Bharat - the same name that is use for over 5000 years. People outside have come to know us with various names - Hindu, Indo, Inde, India, Indika, Al Hind etc. Like there are several names for China. But like China, our civilization remains - conscious and alive (unlike Persian, Babylonian, Egyptian, etc) And as per our ethos, our early beginning river Indus has sustained our forefathers with life - which we pagans continue to revere to this day (and will do so as long as we remain).

Nation states will come and go. But the consciousness will remain - regardless of internal squabbles - we will still have enough glue to hold us together, we will find enough reasons to stay united than otherwise.

So there is our significance of the river Indus, our ancient livegiver, on the same platform of other rivers. They are all mentioned in our national anthem as well.

Hope that answers your doubts.

I will present a counterpoint and say that within a decade you will see parts of India break up under their own flags.

I do not say this in trolling fashion but with logic.

India stayed together in previous generations because of Hinduist pacifism. Gareebon ka bhai Gareeb. Squatting in your langotis, looking at the parched sky, suffering in the heat and drought together. Kaua ka bacchhon....

In the new century - India is getting developed, but not equally. There are the open-defecation toilet-kingdoms of the BIMARU states, MP etc. Then you have development IT and manufacturing hubs of Hyderabad, Mumbai/Pune, Delhi/Gurgaon, Chennai, Bengaluru etc.

Pretty soon, you will see wealthier India start complaining about undeveloped India. They will not want to be saddled with the problems of the toilet-states. This is bound to happen also because of (imagined or real) non-homogeneous racial, religious cultural and genetic makeup. This is why Pakistan and Bangladesh split up - although not at the same time. This was also the reason for the Khalistan movement.

I like the way everything gets dramatized..' Cultural Aggression"

Dont they have remotes with TV sets in BD ?

Yeah. The same as @Rain Man 's , who is an Indian. And how different is Bengali culture from rest of India's? Its the same. :)

We only share language with people like rain man. Other than that all are different. There is a reason why people like rain man are welcomed in India and Indians want to get rid of Bengalis from Assam and west bengal. This rain man is also different from his fellow kinds. For example he is known as Bangal in west Bengal and west Bengalis are known Ghoti. And since when all Indians started to talk in Bangla or worship Durga? He is different from rest of India.

:blink:
Every Hindu worships Durga. Whats the big deal?

@Rain Man

Durga is an Eastern non aryan tribal goddess. Many Hindus can respect but dont worship it. Many such kinds of local goddesses like Durga can exist around other places in India in a similar form of Durga or other. But Durga Puja culture is unique in Eastern part. Other puja festivals like Rath Yatra will be also unique in Eastern part.

Many Hindus can respect but dont worship it. Many such kinds of local goddesses like Durga can exist around other places in India in a similar form of Durga or other.
Is this your theory? Just curious.

:blink:
Every Hindu worships Durga. Whats the big deal?

@Rain Man

Durga is specially revered in east India.

Durgapur, lakshmipur, parvatipur these are districts of Bangladesh. They are goddesses of Hindus yet we Bangladeshis have no problem with the name. We are similar to east Indians but not same. We have a mix of Bengali and Arabic culture. Unique to Bangladesh. We have similarities with West Bengal and oher Eastern states of India but as a whole we hardly have similarity with India in culture due to socio-economic-religious culture of Bangladesh.

We have a mix of Bengali and Arabic culture.
BDians have similarity with Arabs and their culture?
Other than majority of you being followers of Islam like Arabs I do not see much similarity.
Trust me on that.
And I am not sure how would Arabs react to your statement.

We have similarities with West Bengal and oher Eastern states of India but as a whole we hardly have similarity with India in culture due to socio-economic-religious culture of Bangladesh.

From your food, to music, to literature, you are so similar to West Bengal, and why not? Afterall you were a part of a single entity called Greater Bengal not so long back.
Rabindranath Tagore who wrote national anthem for both the countries is a testimony to this.

But then it's okay not to accept these facts.
It is upto you to cogitate.
Do not wish to take this discussion further.

Last edited:
And since when all Indians started to talk in Bangla or worship Durga?
Wrong information you have. I cannot say about South because i don't know, but North Indians do consider Durga as godess and follow/worship. Now why would you believe Indians, right?

But yes Durga puja is considered a major festival in WB.

South because i don't know, but North Indians do consider Durga as godess and follow/worship. Now why would you believe Indians, right?
Don't be apprehensive about south.
Durga is one of the goddesses to be worshipped during Navratri. Remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom