What's new

Cruise Missile Hatf-VIII (RAAD) successful test fire

About launch vehicle. This one is exclusively designed for airlaunched. Pakistan cannot modify F16. Jf 17 is small to carry this missile. Tme only remaining option is mirsges,but them being old and outdated will be gone at some point. What aircraft pakistan will use to csrry cruise missiles then?

Hi, Pakistan has never publicly stated what stealth materials it has or has used. Probably for security reasons. However, stealth comes via two key ingredients:

(1) Design -- Angles found on the airframe, to deflect and cancel out radar waves.
(2) RAM -- Radar absorbing materials and paint.

^^ RAM is what i am curious about. What type of RAM Pakistan has?

About launch vehicle. This one is exclusively designed for airlaunched. Pakistan cannot modify F16. Jf 17 is small to carry this missile. Tme only remaining option is mirsges,but them being old and outdated will be gone at some point. What aircraft pakistan will use to csrry cruise missiles then?
I guess the news also said in detail that our all aircrafts can carry this missile....:azn:

Good news but our cruise missiles are sub sonic we need to increase their speed to atleast mach 2+

yea..cuz Aircraft Carrierz worth nukes at least cuz pplz cant build ACz everyday.....:woot:

Dude.. Its not the cost of the nuclear missile I am reffering to.. But what a nuclear strike means for the country starting the nuclear exchange..

One more thing. It was flying too high in the video ...
never did ISPR have shown Babur or Ra'ad are doing low altitude manuvers....
missile of this size at that hight is an easy prey for SAMs .... specially when spyder is in place......

Hi, Mr. Safriz, I do not know what type of RAM Pakistan has access to. RAM can be a material or a form of a paint. A lot of countries have this technology, as it is more a chemical process of making the material. A few years ago I even read Poland had this technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar-absorbent_material

Hi, the news reports clearly state the JF-17 can carry the Ra'ad. However, I am guessing the JF-17 cannot carry two of these LACMs, rather only one on the centerline belly station.

^^ and yet they never seem to fite it from any aircraft othr than ,mirage

If they have made the missile, then definitely future delivery mean will be in their mind....FC20 or Block-II Thunder can be a solution to it.

Hi, I agree that it would be nice to see the JF-17 launch the Ra'ad. However, one has to look at it in the overall scheme of things. The JF-17 currently is a work in progress, new radar, BVR missiles, IRST, refueling probe, potentially the WS-13 engine, composites, etc. As such, maybe launching a Ra'ad is not the topmost priority. My humble opinion...

P-3C could be another aircraft from which Ra'ad Can be launched. Let see if they explorer this angle as well

Back
Top Bottom