What's new

Cricket a corrupt, distressing and timewasting sport of Pakistan and Pakistanis

I.R.A

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Cricket, if you live in Pakistan and you cannot bowl and bat then you have wasted your childhood, whether it is pleasant outside or raining, or chilly or its sun scorching, you must have played cricket with your neighborhood friends, in streets, in fields and in proper grounds, such is the Pakistanis’ love, passion and addiction for cricket, no other sports gets the same amount of Pakistani attention as does the cricket. In stories we have read girls waiting for a prince charming to come along and take them with him on his horse, but today Pakistani girls go insane for cricketers, irrespective of whether these girls know cricket or not.

But considering recent conditions and situation that how our neighbor has brought politics and shame to this sport, is not it time we Pakistanis stop worshipping cricket and cricketers? What is the point of giving chance to cricketers to make debuts when they are in their late thirties? Irfan, Mohammand, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar are examples of such cricketers who wasted their energetic youth time waiting to be part of national team. I mean when was the last time when we saw someone like Muhammad Ammir in his early teens being picked up by selectors to play for National team? Does not this trend of inducting cricketers in their late thirties reflect that domestic cricket is facing severe problems and cricket at school level has vanished? Whatever we have got in our National team name me one young cricketer who is in his teens or twenties and he has the technique and has been a consistent performer?

The purpose here is to highlight the missing seriousness, vision and attention to other sports, Pakistan is full of people who if given proper training and chances can do wonders in sports. Why we still want cricket and cricketers to overshadow our other sports and players? Haven’t we seen Squash and hockey being destroyed and Pakistanis left unqualified for world events? Or we have become addictive to fiasco where our neighbor can exploit us for cricket series? The recent series of meetings with neighbors and media announcements from both sides has left Pakistanis like me wondering, WTH when we will refuse and restore our honor or money out of that single series is that important that we are hell bent on playing with someone who backed off from their initial agreement?

I think it is high time that we invest in other sports spend some money bring in coaches from around the world. I believe we can produce world class footballers, hockey players, athletes, bodybuilders, lawn tennis players, squash players, kabbadi players, weight lifting champs and hell lot of sportsmen / women and athletes. Our participation in Olympics as sport loving and playing nation is zilch. I say to restore our honor we will have to get rid of this addiction for cricket and bring cricket back at par with other sports, leave cricket rivalry with India and outmatch them in other areas of sports. This will help rebuild our image and world will recognize us a peaceful sports loving nation. Our government seriously needs to think and plan for this, I say enough with this timewasting, full of politics and unreal sportsmen sport called cricket and let other real sports be our passion and recognition.

@Zibago @django @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @WAJsal @Indus Falcon :pissed:

Cricket, if you live in Pakistan and you cannot bowl and bat then you have wasted your childhood, whether it is pleasant outside or raining, or chilly or its sun scorching, you must have played cricket with your neighborhood friends, in streets, in fields and in proper grounds, such is the Pakistanis’ love, passion and addiction for cricket, no other sports gets the same amount of Pakistani attention as does the cricket. In stories we have read girls waiting for a prince charming to come along and take them with him on his horse, but today Pakistani girls go insane for cricketers, irrespective of whether these girls know cricket or not.

But considering recent conditions and situation that how our neighbor has brought politics and shame to this sport, is not it time we Pakistanis stop worshipping cricket and cricketers? What is the point of giving chance to cricketers to make debuts when they are in their late thirties? Irfan, Mohammand, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar are examples of such cricketers who wasted their energetic youth time waiting to be part of national team. I mean when was the last time when we saw someone like Muhammad Ammir in his early teens being picked up by selectors to play for National team? Does not this trend of inducting cricketers in their late thirties reflect that domestic cricket is facing severe problems and cricket at school level has vanished? Whatever we have got in our National team name me one young cricketer who is in his teens or twenties and he has the technique and has been a consistent performer?

The purpose here is to highlight the missing seriousness, vision and attention to other sports, Pakistan is full of people who if given proper training and chances can do wonders in sports. Why we still want cricket and cricketers to overshadow our other sports and players? Haven’t we seen Squash and hockey being destroyed and Pakistanis left unqualified for world events? Or we have become addictive to fiasco where our neighbor can exploit us for cricket series? The recent series of meetings with neighbors and media announcements from both sides has left Pakistanis like me wondering, WTH when we will refuse and restore our honor or money out of that single series is that important that we are hell bent on playing with someone who backed off from their initial agreement?

I think it is high time that we invest in other sports spend some money bring in coaches from around the world. I believe we can produce world class footballers, hockey players, athletes, bodybuilders, lawn tennis players, squash players, kabbadi players, weight lifting champs and hell lot of sportsmen / women and athletes. Our participation in Olympics as sport loving and playing nation is zilch. I say to restore our honor we will have to get rid of this addiction for cricket and bring cricket back at par with other sports, leave cricket rivalry with India and outmatch them in other areas of sports. This will help rebuild our image and world will recognize us a peaceful sports loving nation. Our government seriously needs to think and plan for this, I say enough with this timewasting, full of politics and unreal sportsmen sport called cricket and let other real sports be our passion and recognition.

@Zibago @django @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @WAJsal @Indus Falcon :pissed:
We need to seperate politics from sports and we need to provide better favilities for our athletes.The Pakistani skier who participated in winter olympic used to ski on wooden planks and you know what was the story of our bodybuilder

We need to seperate politics from sports and we need to provide better favilities for our athletes.The Pakistani skier who participated in winter olympic used to ski on wooden planks and you know what was the story of our bodybuilder

That is one thing we need to do on priority basis, plus I feel like we need to attain a balance now between cricket and other sports, 50 years of cricket worshiping at the cost of other sports has landed us in a very difficult situation. The world knows us as a country where cricket cannot be played because of security reasons.

That is one thing we need to do on priority basis, plus I feel like we need to attain a balance now between cricket and other sports, 50 years of cricket worshiping at the cost of other sports has landed us in a very difficult situation. The world knows us as a country where cricket cannot be played because of security reasons.
Our hockey team is neglected despite a consistent performance

We need to separate politics from everything. Not just sports, law & order, judiciary, health, civil services, police etc. you name it, all of them are corrupt because of political interference.

In fact we need to separate politicians from politics for the sake of politics itself :D

In fact we need to separate politicians from politics for the sake of politics itself :D

That would be a win-win situation. But who's going to do this is a billion dollar question. Politicians themselves? Don't even dare to dream about it. :lol:

Dragging down from 5 days test Match, to one days 50 Overs, and now towards T20, still not appropriate to join world Olympic club. It might be T10 would be enough to enter in Olympic game.

That would be a win-win situation. But who's going to do this is a billion dollar question. Politicians themselves? Don't even dare to dream about it. :lol:

Now you are asking a chamgadar on a wall to let go :D .

I have some plans to get rid of these chamgadarz but won't share on this public forum :devil:

Dragging down from 5 days test Match, to one days 50 Overs, and now towards T20, still not appropriate to join world Olympic club. It might be T10 would be enough to enter in Olympic game.

After big three that little chance of being a Olympic sport has died away. These days it is a game full of corruption and money only.

Pakistan needs to introduce Green Top wickets , and mixed wickets to train bowlers and batsmen equally

UAE pitches are "DEAD" makes fast bolwers look like bus conductors

Pakistan needs to introduce Green Top wickets , and mixed wickets to train bowlers and batsmen equally

UAE pitches are "DEAD" makes fast bolwers look like bus conductors

We need to get out of this cricket mess or if we still cling to our addiction better start playing with non cricketing nations, introduce cricket to them and raise a parallel cricketing world to this existing big three world.

20/20 is unnecessary game

Test and ODI is sufficient

Good to formalize a new cricket board

Pakistan
South Africa
West Indies
Pakistan
Newzeland
Ireland
Bangladesh
Srilanka
holland
Zimbabway

Each country gets to head ICC every 2 years prez changes

Cricket is not a sport. It is a job where you stand on the ground for 20-50 or if you are unlucky for 80 overs a day. You might get lucky and get to stand at the same place thoughout the day and act like you saw something happen in the boring day and judge it. You might get even luckier and get to stand in another place and keep swinging a bat. More lucky? you can get out and sit in the dugout for sometime.

Squash and Hockey were destroyed not because of cricket but because they were run poorly by their administrators...
We are a country of 200 million and there is more than enough market for other sports to get themselves a market.
Some in the urban areas already follow European football more than they would follow cricket.
The Pakistani football administration if they were smart would exploit this.
For cricket get someone smart like Lalit Modi to start a domestic T-20 league to exploit a 800 bn dollars PPP market and you won't need to depend on international politics.

Also people need to understand that the govt. of Pakistan doesn't spend a single penny on cricket in Pakistan.....PCB pretty much generates the revenue all by itself unlike any other sports body in Pakistan.

Also people need to understand that the govt. of Pakistan doesn't spend a single penny on cricket in Pakistan.....PCB pretty much generates the revenue all by itself unlike any other sports body in Pakistan.

A govt have no business providing entertainment to people. People should entertain themselves as they see fit instead of paying government taxes so a bunch of idiots decide how to spend it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom