What's new

Cricket a corrupt, distressing and timewasting sport of Pakistan and Pakistanis

Government has been giving these cricketers plots and what not, I hardly recall any notables has called hockey players over a dinner, or any other athlete but guess what these useless cricketers win a series against India (after loosing 100 games) you will see every Pakistani jumping up and down and these cricketers being paraded like some super heroes. This much fame, this much attention is destroying other games. Who would go for a sport where he has to bear all his expenses to make it to International level.

A govt have no business providing entertainment to people. People should entertain themselves as they see fit instead of paying government taxes so a bunch of idiots decide how to spend it.

The govt. should provide tax incentives but no direct funding except individual Olympic sports.

Sports like Cricket, hockey and football should be generating revenues for themselves.

Government has been giving these cricketers plots and what not, I hardly recall any notables has called hockey players over a dinner, or any other athlete but guess what these useless cricketers win a series against India (after loosing 100 games) you will see every Pakistani jumping up and down and these cricketers being paraded like some super heroes. This much fame, this much attention is destroying other games. Who would go for a sport where he has to bear all his expenses to make it to International level.
Individual players were given plots afer the 92 world cup win or maybe if a player gets nominated for some tamgha.
This happened with hockey also the last time we won something.

I guess the Asian games 5 years back.

Pakistan hockey is totally dependent on the govt. funding and is run by incompetent idiots.

Popularity is something for the ppl to decide...its a free market phenomenon

@Color_Less_Sky koi nai yar har gaey tu kia phir jeetain gay cricket is in our blood , life , politics , every corner of this country .. its a heck of a sport .. no short time small game like footie or hockey

For entertainment I rather go to Vegas, watch some shows, go to all you can eat buffets for five bucks and enjoy my day, then watch prefixed cricket game.

The majority of players in Pakistani teams are their cause dad or mom knows someone or they bribed officials, obviously when you have some one like that who made it to the team, his only priority is to make as much money and fast as he can.

As long as we will play in UAE it will be dead pitches and no quality cricket will be played on dead pitches

What is wrong with the people of the subcontinent? Why is cricket so much given precedence over all other sports.

It is corrupt thru and thru yet; i stopped following cricket back in the 90s after Hansie's involvement came to light. Wont pay a single cent to watch a shit game.

Give focus on other e.g. football, athetics, squash, even your national sports Hockey. I am a fan of field hockey but alas Pakistan is useless now even in this sport.

Here Cricket is just another sport ... we have football which is immensely popular together with athletics, rugby, field hockey, squash, boxing just to name a few. Airtime is given to virtually all these sports which is just superb to keep the national interest and participation going.

Cricket is now held hostage by the Big Three which goes against the very idea of neutrality and equality of sports.

Why not focus on other sports esp Football which opens your sporting relations with many more countries than just a handful of cricketing nations?

@Color_Less_Sky koi nai yar har gaey tu kia phir jeetain gay cricket is in our blood , life , politics , every corner of this country .. its a heck of a sport .. no short time small game like footie or hockey

Yar tum jeeto ya haro I have no problem with that but "Humay tum say piyar hay" I mean come on why so much love for cricket and cricketers only? Why make one sport so popular that it overshadows all other sports? Most of Pakistanis would name current cricket team on their finger tips but will fail to name hockey team, football team, squash players, athletes, boxers, wrestlers, kabbadi players. This needs to end, Pakistan needs to emphasize on all sports equally, equal opportunities, chances and popularity should be afforded to all sports.

The govt. should provide tax incentives but no direct funding except individual Olympic sports.

Sports like Cricket, hockey and football should be generating revenues for themselves.

Individual players were given plots afer the 92 world cup win or maybe if a player gets nominated for some tamgha.
This happened with hockey also the last time we won something.

I guess the Asian games 5 years back.

Pakistan hockey is totally dependent on the govt. funding and is run by incompetent idiots.

Popularity is something for the ppl to decide...its a free market phenomenon

My point lies in your answer to "Do you think Amir Khan (the boxer) would be same Amir Khan if he was in Pakistan?"

Yar tum jeeto ya haro I have no problem with that but "Humay tum say piyar hay" I mean come on why so much love for cricket and cricketers only? Why make one sport so popular that it overshadows all other sports? Most of Pakistanis would name current cricket team on their finger tips but will fail to name hockey team, football team, squash players, athletes, boxers, wrestlers, kabbadi players. This needs to end, Pakistan needs to emphasize on all sports equally, equal opportunities, chances and popularity should be afforded to all sports.
?"

yeh piyar Nahi bukhar hai ... Lol !Trends are changing teenagers are hard core footbal followers , however the game has yet to kick of on the streets , kids go nuts when there is a cricket game. There is another issue i think the only stars we have come from cricket ... Pakistan was great in squash for decades the title was held with jahangir and janshir but who remembers them now and they were not huge celebraties back than. Cricket is addictive we are hooked up to it

Cricket, if you live in Pakistan and you cannot bowl and bat then you have wasted your childhood, whether it is pleasant outside or raining, or chilly or its sun scorching, you must have played cricket with your neighborhood friends, in streets, in fields and in proper grounds, such is the Pakistanis’ love, passion and addiction for cricket, no other sports gets the same amount of Pakistani attention as does the cricket. In stories we have read girls waiting for a prince charming to come along and take them with him on his horse, but today Pakistani girls go insane for cricketers, irrespective of whether these girls know cricket or not.

But considering recent conditions and situation that how our neighbor has brought politics and shame to this sport, is not it time we Pakistanis stop worshipping cricket and cricketers? What is the point of giving chance to cricketers to make debuts when they are in their late thirties? Irfan, Mohammand, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar are examples of such cricketers who wasted their energetic youth time waiting to be part of national team. I mean when was the last time when we saw someone like Muhammad Ammir in his early teens being picked up by selectors to play for National team? Does not this trend of inducting cricketers in their late thirties reflect that domestic cricket is facing severe problems and cricket at school level has vanished? Whatever we have got in our National team name me one young cricketer who is in his teens or twenties and he has the technique and has been a consistent performer?

The purpose here is to highlight the missing seriousness, vision and attention to other sports, Pakistan is full of people who if given proper training and chances can do wonders in sports. Why we still want cricket and cricketers to overshadow our other sports and players? Haven’t we seen Squash and hockey being destroyed and Pakistanis left unqualified for world events? Or we have become addictive to fiasco where our neighbor can exploit us for cricket series? The recent series of meetings with neighbors and media announcements from both sides has left Pakistanis like me wondering, WTH when we will refuse and restore our honor or money out of that single series is that important that we are hell bent on playing with someone who backed off from their initial agreement?

I think it is high time that we invest in other sports spend some money bring in coaches from around the world. I believe we can produce world class footballers, hockey players, athletes, bodybuilders, lawn tennis players, squash players, kabbadi players, weight lifting champs and hell lot of sportsmen / women and athletes. Our participation in Olympics as sport loving and playing nation is zilch. I say to restore our honor we will have to get rid of this addiction for cricket and bring cricket back at par with other sports, leave cricket rivalry with India and outmatch them in other areas of sports. This will help rebuild our image and world will recognize us a peaceful sports loving nation. Our government seriously needs to think and plan for this, I say enough with this timewasting, full of politics and unreal sportsmen sport called cricket and let other real sports be our passion and recognition.

@Zibago @django @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @WAJsal @Indus Falcon :pissed:
LOL @ cricket and cricket worshippers

My point lies in your answer to "Do you think Amir Khan (the boxer) would be same Amir Khan if he was in Pakistan?"

Answer: Yes
Amir Khan got fame after winning the silver medal in Olympics also remember that many fans of Amir Khan are actually Pakistanis....actually he was also on the cover of a major Pakistani magazine

I can't remember the last time a Pakistani cricketer made it to a cover of a magazine

So if a British citizen of Pakistani decent can garner so much support from our people just because of his roots than why not a local Pakistani especially with the awareness these days

Consistent performance absolutely. Losing since last few years only.

They couldn't even qualify for the World Cup

Answer: Yes
Amir Khan got fame after winning the silver medal in Olympics also remember that many fans of Amir Khan are actually Pakistanis....actually he was also on the cover of a major Pakistani magazine

I can't remember the last time a Pakistani cricketer made it to a cover of a magazine

So if a British citizen of Pakistani decent can garner so much support from our people just because of his roots than why not a local Pakistani especially with the awareness these days

You see my DP how many Pakistanis know him? Or the 60 year old bodybuilder from Quetta who won the bronze medal in Singapore recently. How many TV commercials will be offered to these guys? Bongay say bonga cricketer TV ads aur commercials may appear hota hay bahi mayray.

You see my DP how many Pakistanis know him? Or the 60 year old bodybuilder from Quetta who won the bronze medal in Singapore recently. How many TV commercials will be offered to these guys? Bongay say bonga cricketer TV ads aur commercials may appear hota hay bahi mayray.

Bhai understand my point

If these days a large number of Pakistanis follow the EPL or the Champions League in urban areas than it means there is an appetite among people for other options apart from cricket

I know guys who could name the whole bench of Norwich City

This means there is a market

Those guys far way in Europe are smart enough to exploit this market

Liverpool has an official fan club in Pakistan

The dumb/corrupt guys running football in Pakistan are not

As for the guy in your DP...Bodybuilding is a fringe sports everywhere not just in Pakistan

Also apart from Afridi no young cricketer gets ads these days

LOL they are still relying on Wasim Akram/Shahid Afridi/Shoaib Akhter

Back
Top Bottom