What's new

Situation of Pakistani Cricket under Military Junta

First noon league appointed its ladla as chairman PCB. Then PPP its own ladla appointed as chairman PCB

And now the result is this

These two parties are a curse for Pakistan

Everything that they touch turns into dust

Last edited:
I won’t blame them if they make a first round exit.

Anything beyond that is bonus.

Will still support Pakistan team.

First noon league appointed its ladla as chairman PCB. Then PPP its own ladla appointed as chairman PCB

And now the result is this

These two parties are a curse for Pakistan

Everything that they touch turns into dust
time to support Jawad Ahmed's party

So many sources are saying the PCB is not paying the cricket players. Can anyone verify this information?
Any Faujeet has any inside information from GHQ as it might be something in the national interest of country?

Is this paid out of national treasury (i.e., taxpayer/borrowed funds). If so, the government may think this is not high priority in times of budget tightness.

Is this paid out of national treasury (i.e., taxpayer/borrowed funds). If so, the government may think this is not high priority in times of budget tightness.

It is not paid by government or national treasury

It is paid by Pakistan cricket board which earns billions every year and is one of the richest cricket boards of the world

It is political appointments of chairman PCB that has led to this situation

It is paid by Pakistan cricket board which earns billions every year and is one of the richest cricket boards of the world

If you see https://www.pcb.com.pk/downloads/PCB Annual Report 2022-23.pdf (page 70), there is no line item for salaries. There are expenses for Tours and Tournaments. Does it mean they get paid only when they play games? i.e., they are 'contractors' and not 'employees'?

If you see https://www.pcb.com.pk/downloads/PCB Annual Report 2022-23.pdf (page 70), there is no line item for salaries. There are expenses for Tours and Tournaments. Does it mean they get paid only when they play games? i.e., they are 'contractors' and not 'employees'?

PCB is an independent body as far as financial issues go. However appointments on all key posts are based on political preference and driving factors are kick backs and napotism . These sportsmen are contracted rather being employed as they have retainer payments (someone mentioned it above).

There were reports ofgross mismanagement and incompetence over past few months. The board members were given lavish perks. Board embers & families were flown to oversees to see cricket matches & just do inspections. To cover these expenses, price of Asia Cup tickets were overly exorbitant so no one bought those tickets. That's why during India-Pakistan matches in Sri Lanka, stadiums were empty. And empty stadium means ----> no income. There were many other legends of incompetence and mismanagement as well.

Last edited:

rated
Political appointees who then appoint their Chamchas in positions and skim off earnings which should have been invested into national cricket and players..

Back
Top Bottom