What's new

Create their own version - China's new generation stealth fighter-bomber: t

I thought J XX was a generic name given to a number of fifth gen ( Chinese Fourth gen programs ) out of which j 20 is one such program . Is there any info on any other programs ? and is j 19 also a Fifth gen prog ?

I thought J XX was a generic name given to a number of fifth gen ( Chinese Fourth gen programs ) out of which j 20 is one such program . Is there any info on any other programs ? and is j 19 also a Fifth gen prog ?

Yes, it is very confusing. Me think there are quite a bunch of 5th generation jets developed by the Chinese. But that's only speculation.

But surely, they are working on a bomber similar to the B-2.

its even very confusing to us, J-16, J-19, SAC J-xx, and bunch of bombers, atm its all about speculations apart from CAC J-20```time will tell``lets wait and see,

What that is is a blue print of an F-22 with commie markings.

Here is what I got from CJDBY, Huitong, Deagel, Strategypage, and various other credible military analysts:

China will soon test the JH-7B, which is a stealthy fighter bomber, with DSI, possible AESA, etc. It will make up the bulk of the Navy's stealthy fighter bomber fleet and be a possible platform for the KD-88 cruise missile.

The J-18 is not a fighter bomber, but rather a stealthy follow on variant of the J-15, to be deployed on carriers. It will most likely serve alongside the J-15, possibly to counter the US Navy putting F-35s on their carriers.

The J-19 is a conventional 5th generation stealth fighter, not a fighter bomber.

J-16 is a strike fighter, but it is not as stealthy as the other ones.

sac jxx is a low-cost 5 gen fighter,don't expect too much

Wrong. It is the air superiority 5th generation stealth fighter for the PLAAF. Its air to air capabilities and stealth capabilities will be on par if not superior to that of the J-20.

The PLAAF will have a combination of air superiority fighters and strike fighters. The J-19 will be an air superiority fighter.

China should put more focus on stealthy UCAVs than those conventional fighters because they are too expensive. UCAVs will be less costly because there will be no pilot and additional need like oxygen and so on. The most important thing of all is that China could put a small defensive and offensive laser weapon compartment on board against missiles and for ground attack not to mention it's ability to have almost full autonomy in case of no communication and also the ability to stay in the air for extended period of time.

Here is what I got from CJDBY, Huitong, Deagel, Strategypage, and various other credible military analysts:

China will soon test the JH-7B, which is a stealthy fighter bomber, with DSI, possible AESA, etc. It will make up the bulk of the Navy's stealthy fighter bomber fleet and be a possible platform for the KD-88 cruise missile.

The J-18 is not a fighter bomber, but rather a stealthy follow on variant of the J-15, to be deployed on carriers. It will most likely serve alongside the J-15, possibly to counter the US Navy putting F-35s on their carriers.

The J-19 is a conventional 5th generation stealth fighter, not a fighter bomber.

J-16 is a strike fighter, but it is not as stealthy as the other ones.

Heres what I understood , so j 18 is deployed as a carrier based fighter ? So then it has to be a fighter -bomber ....instead of Air superiority. It has to have an anti shipping role with missiles and bombs , dont know what anti -ship missiles and weapons China uses .

A conventional Fifth generation fighter --J 19 should be air superiority and stealth.

J 16 is a strike fighter --- that is used for strike roles A to G , etc so it has to have low RCS to avoid maximum possible radar detection but not as low as a true fifth G fighter , so it is 4++ gen in western terminology and should be expected to be multirole .

Hope I got it correctly .

Heres what I understood , so j 18 is deployed as a carrier based fighter ? So then it has to be a fighter -bomber ....instead of Air superiority. It has to have an anti shipping role with missiles and bombs , dont know what anti -ship missiles and weapons China uses .

A conventional Fifth generation fighter --J 19 should be air superiority and stealth.

J 16 is a strike fighter --- that is used for strike roles A to G , etc so it has to have low RCS to avoid maximum possible radar detection but not as low as a true fifth G fighter , so it is 4++ gen in western terminology and should be expected to be multirole .

Hope I got it correctly .

None of these are deployed yet. These are in development.

J-18 is a carrier based multirole fighter. It will be stealthy. It is also considered the follow on to the J-15.
It will be a heavy fighter, so, yes, its strike capabilities will be emphasized.

J-19 is mostly air superiority.

J-15 is a strike fighter, so yes, it is required to have low RCS. It's not a 5th generation fighter, but more like the F-15SE.

Wrong. It is the air superiority 5th generation stealth fighter for the PLAAF. Its air to air capabilities and stealth capabilities will be on par if not superior to that of the J-20.

The PLAAF will have a combination of air superiority fighters and strike fighters. The J-19 will be an air superiority fighter.

sac had completely lose the national open competition of 5 gen air superiority fighter against cac in about three years ago.sac jxx is just a low-cost 5 gen multi-role (mainly A to G or A to sea role) fighter .this is what huzigeng said

去年美国空天飞行器吸引了国际所有眼球,然而中国7月有一个“神龙”——次轨飞行器,也飞了,不过是验证性质的,算是成功了一半。最后回收没做好,掉到了俄罗斯!日本之前也试验过这个类型的武器,不过没法继续!这个烧钱的东西,现在就两个国家在搞。

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom