What's new

Create their own version - China's new generation stealth fighter-bomber: t

When you want accurate information regarding the recipe of Coca-Cola, you might not want to ask someone working for Pepsi.

Huzhigeng is actually very supportive of the SAC compared with many of the "big shrimps" on Chinese forums.

When you want accurate information regarding the recipe of Coca-Cola, you might not want to ask someone working for Pepsi.
Except they are not Pepsi and Coca-Cola, more like Pepsi and Mountain Dew. They're under the same AVIC I company. Huzhigeng said SAC sent their team to assist with the J-20, so it's more of a cooperative nature. On top of that, lizyu also expressed something similar, eventhough he absolutely hates CAC for some reason.

Here is my opinion. Say your opinion on my opinion.

J-16: a 4++ generation strike fighter based off the J-11B, would be half a generation ahead of the Su-30MKK.
J-19: a 5th generation medium weight fighter (the one with CARET intakes) developed by SAC.
J-2X: a F-35 type fighter based on the J-20.

J-18: a possible designation for the follow on fighter to the J-15.
J-16: Might be a Flanker variant like T-50, or might be a new design depending on who you believe.

J-19: Pure speculation on your part. PLAAF has decided to induct two 4th gen projects, both of which are heavy fighters.

J-18: Again, pure speculation.

The J-20 reduces drag by use of delta wings. However, the large fuel load would not allow for such high agility, therefore limiting its abilities as a dogfighter. Supersonic maneuvers would be boosted by its canards, but the weight would lower its thrust to weight ratio and thus make it more clumsy.
A defining feature of 4th gen is supersonic manoevurability, where 3rd gen focus on transonic/subsonic. Because of speed, 4th gen can dictate where and when the engagement takes place. Only a rookie 4th gen pilot would allow himself to drag into a subsonic fight. Thus, J-20's design reflects future trend in air combat, not current. Even at subsonic speeds, J-20 can outperform most 3rd gen with its digital FBW, canards, high thrust engines, thrust vectoring, lift body and instability of its aerodynamic design. Huzhigeng was very impressed with J-20's agility in simulated wind tunnel tests. I would not use the word "clumsy" to describe it.

Large does not mean clumsy, and J-20 is actually smaller than Su-27.

Except they are not Pepsi and Coca-Cola, more like Pepsi and Mountain Dew. They're under the same AVIC I company. Huzhigeng said SAC sent their team to assist with the J-20, so it's more of a cooperative nature. On top of that, lizyu also expressed something similar, eventhough he absolutely hates CAC for some reason.

Then I not get why they did not cooperate on separate designs for the 5th generation fighter, but instead produced their own respective competing designs. Two brains are better than one. But SAC and CAC are going against each other more than they are with each other.

J-16: Might be a Flanker variant like T-50, or might be a new design depending on who you believe.

J-19: Pure speculation on your part. PLAAF has decided to induct two 4th gen projects, both of which are heavy fighters.

J-18: Again, pure speculation.

A defining feature of 4th gen is supersonic manoevurability, where 3rd gen focus on transonic/subsonic. Because of speed, 4th gen can dictate where and when the engagement takes place. Only a rookie 4th gen pilot would allow himself to drag into a subsonic fight. Thus, J-20's design reflects future trend in air combat, not current. Even at subsonic speeds, J-20 can outperform most 3rd gen with its digital FBW, canards, high thrust engines, thrust vectoring, lift body and instability of its aerodynamic design. Huzhigeng was very impressed with J-20's agility in simulated wind tunnel tests. I would not use the word "clumsy" to describe it.

Large does not mean clumsy, and J-20 is actually smaller than Su-27.

The J-16 is believed to be more of a 4.5 generation strike fighter, not a 5th generation fighter like the T-50. I personally believe that it might be in the same league as the F-15SE.

Sure, the J-20 may be superior to 4th generation fighters when it comes to subsonic and transonic maneuverability, but what about 5th generation fighters? The F-22, for example, has a very high top speed and yet it is still a medium weight fighter. Despite its lack of canards, I have no doubt that it will possess a both supersonic and subsonic maneuverability advantage over the J-20.

Large does not mean clumsy unless the engines do not provide sufficient thrust to achieve a decent thrust to weight ratio.

The J-16 is believed to be more of a 4.5 generation strike fighter, not a 5th generation fighter like the T-50. I personally believe that it might be in the same league as the F-15SE.
For your information, both pupu and huzhigeng does not consider T-50 to be a true 5th gen. Huzhigeng termed it 4.75 before.

Sure, the J-20 may be superior to 4th generation fighters when it comes to subsonic and transonic maneuverability, but what about 5th generation fighters? The F-22, for example, has a very high top speed and yet it is still a medium weight fighter. Despite its lack of canards, I have no doubt that it will possess a both supersonic and subsonic maneuverability advantage over the J-20.
LOL wtf are you talking about? F-22 a medium weight aircraft? It's 3 tons heavier than Su-27 with empty load. Even F-35 is heavier than F-15. Huzhigeng already stated that the aim of J-20's design is to exceed F-22 in supecruise and supersonic at the cost of RCS. You have no doubt? Sounds like you think you know it all. No offence, but I take someone working in CAC over your word any day of the week.

Large does not mean clumsy unless the engines do not provide sufficient thrust to achieve a decent thrust to weight ratio.
The design specifcation of WS-15 is to provide 15 tons of thrust with a low bypass ratio. That's similar to F119 on the F-22.

For your information, both pupu and huzhigeng does not consider T-50 to be a true 5th gen. Huzhigeng termed it 4.75 before.

LOL wtf are you talking about? F-22 a medium weight aircraft? It's 3 tons heavier than Su-27 with empty load. Even F-35 is heavier than F-15. Huzhigeng already stated that the aim of J-20's design is to exceed F-22 in supecruise and supersonic at the cost of RCS. You have no doubt? Sounds like you think you know it all. No offence, but I take someone working in CAC over your word any day of the week.

The design specifcation of WS-15 is to provide 15 tons of thrust with a low bypass ratio. That's similar to F119 on the F-22.

The T-50 possesses 4S, which by definition classifies it as a 5th generation fighter.

What do you classify as "medium" and "heavy" weight? You people sometimes even classify the J-20 as a "medium weight fighter". Is there a line there that I'm not aware of? The J-20's supposed goal of exceeding the F-22 in terms of speed and supercruise has negligible relevance to their respective maneuverabilities. You claim that the J-20 would provide superior transonic, subsonic, and even supersonic maneuverability, but stating the J-20's goals for superior supercruise proves nothing regarding the former.

beautiful plane i love it.. can already see it in pakistan air force ;)

way to go chinese brothers keep it up!!! we are proud of you and ure friendship!!!

Then what do you classify as "medium" and "heavy" weight? You people sometimes even classify the J-20 as a "medium weight fighter". The J-20's supposed goal of exceeding the F-22 in terms of speed and supercruise has negligible relevance to their respective maneuverabilities. You claim that the J-20 would provide superior transonic, subsonic, and even supersonic maneuverability, but stating the J-20's goals for superior supercruise proves nothing regarding the former.
You people? I like to see who said J-20 is "medium weight". Internal weapon carriage and large volume of internal fuel mean that no 4th gen would be "medium" weight. I'm going to be chuckling at "F-22 is a medium weight fighter" for a very long time.

Huzhigeng already stated that J-20's design is aimed to provide superior supercruise performance and supersonic manoevurability to F-22. He said instead of attempting to mimic F-22 in all areas which will leave J-20 lagging behind all, it was better to choose to exceed F-22 in certain aspects at the cost of others. A 4th gen's primary advantage over 3rd gen is the ability to remain agile even at supersonic speed, therefore dictating where and when the fight takes place. Go ahead, send hu a message on CD about how wrong he is. I'm sure that'll be funny too.

China should put more focus on stealthy UCAVs than those conventional fighters because they are too expensive. UCAVs will be less costly because there will be no pilot and additional need like oxygen and so on. The most important thing of all is that China could put a small defensive and offensive laser weapon compartment on board against missiles and for ground attack not to mention it's ability to have almost full autonomy in case of no communication and also the ability to stay in the air for extended period of time.

China is. The Warrior Eagle UCAV will make its first flight in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom