What's new

Create their own version - China's new generation stealth fighter-bomber: t

@Chinese members

Could someone please help me out.
I am a bit lost as to which plane this is?
J-XX, J-20, J-19 or J-14???
and how many 5th gen platforms are China making?

thanks in advance.....

sorry.this should be a fans work

sorry.this should be a fans work
Not really.As Siegecrossbow mentioned above,the SAC has a J-XX project ongoing,the question is,is it named J-16 or J-21/22.Plus it's rumored that the respective research insititutes can buy the fighter's numbers as they like.It's said that the SAC had already ordered the numbers from J-15 to J-19.We knew the J-15 is an aircraft carrier fighter.However we don't know if the J-16 is the Chinese type F-15E(as PUPU said) or the SAC 5th generation stealth fighter/bomber.

Not really.As Siegecrossbow mentioned above,the SAC has a J-XX project ongoing,the question is,is it named J-16 or J-21/22.Plus it's rumored that the respective research insititutes can buy the fighter's numbers as they like.It's said that the SAC had already ordered the numbers from J-15 to J-19.We knew the J-15 is an aircraft carrier fighter.However we don't know if the J-16 is the Chinese type F-15E(as PUPU said) or the SAC 5th generation stealth fighter/bomber.

ah? that should be a good news.

huzhigeng said the SAC stealth fighter should be exposed at the end of this year.

but who is huzhigeng? seems he is a key man who know much.

ah? that should be a good news.

huzhigeng said the SAC stealth fighter should be exposed at the end of this year.

but who is huzhigeng? seems he is a key man who know much.

He supposedly saw the full sized model for the J-20. I would guess he has connections in the CAC. Either that or he works there... If the latter is the case he is either at risk of getting arrested for leaking sensitive information or is probably under orders to leak those information.

Pupu formerly worked with the military and went on several trips to Russia, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia. Now I am guessing he is getting info from connections within the military or other military fans.

lawxx,

Doesn't J-XX the same name for J-20 as in roman mathematics, X stands for 10 and XX stands for 20 and J-XX makes J-20!

Also there is a discussion about stealth version of J-10 and stealth version of JF-17 + Stealth varient of JH-7 stealth is leaked. So may be there are more than 3 programs but J-20 and J-XX are the one and same. What do you say?

lawxx,

Doesn't J-XX the same name for J-20 as in roman mathematics, X stands for 10 and XX stands for 20 and J-XX makes J-20!

Also there is a discussion about stealth version of J-10 and stealth version of JF-17 + Stealth varient of JH-7 stealth is leaked. So may be there are more than 3 programs but J-20 and J-XX are the one and same. What do you say?

not very correct``X in china means 'unknown' or 'uncertain', J-XX means the designition for the jet is still unknown, or the designated jet has not been declassified yet`

like we were talking here years ago about j-20, at that time we refered it as CAC J-xx, and at the moment SAC's stealth project has not been made public yet, so thats why chinese memebers are referring it as SAC J-xx.

but the J-10 stealth project you mentioned had been cancelled few years ago, as PLAAF decided to focus on brand new 5th jets from CAC and SAC.

and as far as the JF-17 stealth project goes, maybe it will be China and Pakistan joint project again, but this time from the experience Pakistan gained from JF-17, maybe it will play major role in this project, but china could just give some general guide````why im thinking in this way is even we have a lot of cash atm, but it doesnt mean we can burn it like that`

I think it was lizyu who said J-16 would fill a role similar to F-15E, and it would be based on the Flanker line. However, huzhigeng is contradicting him by saying J-16 would not be some Su-30 offshoot . There's some major confusion going on. The only thing that can be confirmed is SAC is developing a new plane with conventional layout, CARET inlet with multirole focus. It would not be quite as capable as J-20 in A2A role. It's not known what the designation will be, but it might be J-16.

"pupu: 苏-30MKK2跟歼-16相比的差距可就大了去了,几乎差了将近半代有余……"

J-20 is designed to be long and slender to reduce drag for supercruise. Larger body allows it to carry more fuel and supercruise for longer, not to mention increased combat radius. PLAAF predicted that future air combat will depend more on supersonic maneovures instead of subsonic manoevures. The design obviously is geared towards such.

Here is my opinion. Say your opinion on my opinion.

J-16: a 4++ generation strike fighter based off the J-11B, would be half a generation ahead of the Su-30MKK.
J-19: a 5th generation medium weight fighter (the one with CARET intakes) developed by SAC.
J-2X: a F-35 type fighter based on the J-20.

J-18: a possible designation for the follow on fighter to the J-15.

The J-20 reduces drag by use of delta wings. However, the large fuel load would not allow for such high agility, therefore limiting its abilities as a dogfighter. Supersonic maneuvers would be boosted by its canards, but the weight would lower its thrust to weight ratio and thus make it more clumsy.

I want to bring your attention to this post from CJDBY. The poster claims that he has insider information from Shenyang, but I found it a bit surprising at how Huitong and other professional analysts have reciprocated the information on that post.

Here it is:

¼ß11-¼ß19Ðͺŷ¢Õ¹ÄÚÄ» - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

1): J-11: Chinese-developed Su-27SK variant. (Shenyang)
2): J-12: Cancelled single engine interceptor. (Nanchang)
3): J-13: Cancelled 1971 single engine fighter. (Shenyang)
4): J-14 : Cancelled twin-engine fighter. (Chengdu)
5): J-15: Upgraded carrier-based J-11B. (Shenyang)
6): J-16: Upgraded J-11BS strike fighter, comparable to the latest F-15K. (Shenyang)
7): J-17: Heavy fighter-bomber stealthy variant of the J-11B, similar to the Su-34. (Shenyang)
8): J-18: Heavy stealth carrier-based fighter (developed from J-15). (Shenyang )
9): J-19: Heavily upgraded J-11B 5th-generation variant. To serve alongside the J-20. (Shenyang)​

This was posted BEFORE Huitong posted information regarding the J-16, J-18, J-19, and also closely corresponds to the analysis provided by the professionals in CJDBY. However, this post came out before the other posts did.

The fact that Shenyang chose J-11 to J-19 designation corresponds to this post.

Even the designations of the fighters were corresponded by Huitong and other people.

I want to bring your attention to this post from CJDBY. The poster claims that he has insider information from Shenyang, but I found it a bit surprising at how Huitong and other professional analysts have reciprocated the information on that post.

Here it is:

¼ß11-¼ß19Ðͺŷ¢Õ¹ÄÚÄ» - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

1): J-11: Chinese-developed Su-27SK variant. (Shenyang)
2): J-12: Cancelled single engine interceptor. (Nanchang)
3): J-13: Cancelled 1971 single engine fighter. (Shenyang)
4): J-14 : Cancelled twin-engine fighter. (Chengdu)
5): J-15: Upgraded carrier-based J-11B. (Shenyang)
6): J-16: Upgraded J-11BS strike fighter, comparable to the latest F-15K. (Shenyang)
7): J-17: Heavy fighter-bomber stealthy variant of the J-11B, similar to the Su-34. (Shenyang)
8): J-18: Heavy stealth carrier-based fighter (developed from J-15). (Shenyang )
9): J-19: Heavily upgraded J-11B 5th-generation variant. To serve alongside the J-20. (Shenyang)​

This was posted BEFORE Huitong posted information regarding the J-16, J-18, J-19, and also closely corresponds to the analysis provided by the professionals in CJDBY. However, this post came out before the other posts did.

The fact that Shenyang chose J-11 to J-19 designation corresponds to this post.

Even the designations of the fighters were corresponded by Huitong and other people.

You really need to learn who you can trust on Chinese forums...

You really need to learn who you can trust on Chinese forums...

We all know that some posts are BS. That's what came to me. However, it seems that most (almost all) of the information on that post has been corroborated by professional military analysts and also Huitong and those "P" guys on CJDBY.

We all know that some posts are BS. That's what came to me. However, it seems that most (almost all) of the information on that post has been corroborated by professional military analysts and also Huitong and those "P" guys on CJDBY.

I am highly skeptical about the claims regarding the J-17 and J-18. I am inclined to believe that future fully stealth platforms will use J-2X designations. Besides, J-17's role conflicts with that of the J-16.

Right now we have these confirmed designations, either by official news or insiders: J-10 (A, AS, B), J-11 (A, B, BS), J-15, J-16 and J-20. Anything else is pure speculation and should not be given too much weight.

The trick is whether J-16 is Shenyang's Gen VI in development. Huzhigeng seems to think it is, but pupu on the other hand does not think so. Huzhigeng works for CAC, while pupu was a military liason to aircraft manufactuers. There seems to be a disjoint of information between the two there, so pick who you want to believe.

Although both seems to think that SAC's Gen VI will be less capable than J-20.

I am highly skeptical about the claims regarding the J-17 and J-18. I am inclined to believe that future fully stealth platforms will use J-2X designations. Besides, J-17's role conflicts with that of the J-16.
17, 18 and 19 are all suspect on his list. Huzhigeng already SAC's new toy will have CARET side inlet, effectively ending the Flanker line's design concept.

Huitong said that the PLAAF did in fact consider developing a fighter based on the Su-34. However, it was cancelled.

That's why I think there will never be a J-17, because it was cancelled.

Huzhigeng works for CAC

When you want accurate information regarding the recipe of Coca-Cola, you might not want to ask someone working for Pepsi.

Back
Top Bottom