What's new

CPEC vis-a-vis Pakistan and India

There will be no war between China and India or India and Pakistan. There are certain milestones agreed between Pakistan and China as listed below:

Objective # 1:

Ignore Indian rants on CPEC. (So far Pakistan is able to ignore them.)

Objective # 2:

Reduce the Indian sponsored terrorism in Baluchistan to an acceptable level. (Pakistan successfully launched and almost completed Zarb e Azb and the threats have been effectively reduced. Pakistan is also raising an entire force to maintain the risk to acceptable level, so far so good.)

Objective # 3:

Complete CPEC on time. (This is being met as planned.)

Objective # 4:

Invite other countries to join CPEC. (This is being done simultaneously, and Pakistan is inviting Iran and Afghanistan to join in. Afghanistan is right now playing in the hands of India due to major Indian influence. However, this will not last in the near future and once US takes out its forces, and Pro Pakistan Afghan Taliban come into significant power, Indian embassies will be blown away together with their influence. Afghanistan and Iran will certainly join CPEC by linking Indian financed Chahbahar to CPEC. Other countries have already shown their interest, who doesn't like cheaper trade routes and that too linking one of the largest economies).

Objective # 5:

Increase naval influence in Arabian sea and Indian Ocean. (Everyone knows about the Chinese and Pakistani naval presence in the area.)

Objective # 6:

Ask India to join CPEC as well, once Chinese-Indian and Pakistani-Indian disputes on Kashmiri's land are resolved. (This is very far, but eventually, India will have to bow in front of China, Russia and other regional powers).

CPEC stands for China Pakistan. Why would other countries join ?

Regarding whether it will diminish Dubai, I will wait till Mallus start applying for work permit in Dubai. @Levina Will U work in Gwadar considering it is going to destroy Dubai ? :lol:

I'm planning to apply for a job in Pakistan if Gwadar really eclipses Dubai. :rolleyes:

Trust me @Shaheer ul haq comparing Dubai port to Gwadar is like comparing apples to oranges ...watermelon to grapes and peaches to avocados etc etc.
The reason being Gwadar is more logistics, military, diplomatic, political and strategic in nature as a city and a seaport, while Dubai is more commercial, business, entertainment, international, diversification from oil, tourism and trade oriented etc as a city and sea port.
The added advantage that Dubai as a commercial center has low regulations on trade, finance and business to attract top companies and firms. :)

I'm planning to apply for a job in Pakistan if Gwadar really eclipses Dubai. :rolleyes:

Trust me @Shaheer ul haq comparing Dubai port to Gwadar is like comparing apples to oranges ...watermelon to grapes and peaches to avocados etc etc.
The reason being Gwadar is more logistics, military, diplomatic, political and strategic in nature as a city and a seaport, while Dubai is more commercial, business, entertainment, international, diversification from oil, tourism and trade oriented etc as a city and sea port.
The added advantage that Dubai as a commercial center has low regulations on trade, finance and business to attract top companies and firms. :)

I think we need to wait for Chinese ones to invest in Gwadar before waiting for other international firms. Whatever they may talk, Dubai has come this way also due to the efforts of Indian entrepreneurs especially mallus. I saw Jacobinte Swarnarajyam and saw the effect of mallus in UAE which is in effect true.
Second, huge money, reserves built from selling oil make it possible. All I can say is, All the very best wishes.

The purpose of this thread was to highlight (or reiterate) to Pakistani members of the forum, the strategic importance of CPEC for Pakistan vis-a-vis India.

The economic benefits are a spin-off / consequential, however, the fact that CPEC neutralises Indian threat to Pakistan to a large extent by aligning Pakistan's security with China's own security, is the main impact of CPEC. And this has thrown all Indian calculations and plans, out of the window.

Pakistan's stance and response to Indian barking, if you observe, during the past few months and especially during the last few weeks, has been in the form strong and effective diplomatic response. While India has been continuously upping the ante, Pakistan has adopted more of a "buzz off" attitude towards Indian rants.

Pakistan has shown that it has the capability to capture and/or neutralise Indian assets, make them sing like a canary on international media and still hold the knob with which they can change the temperature in IOKashmir. The state has effectively mobilised its diplomatic resources across the world and it's media to send a strong response not only to India but also to the world that Kashmir is STILL "THE" main issue and "MUST" be resolved.

Baluchistan, where India invested heavily is much calmer and peaceful now. Since the last two consecutive years, our Baloch brethren have been rejoicing the improved situation in the province. If one personally visits Baluchistan (I have) and interacts with the locals, s/he'll observe that the overwhelming majority are all-praise and thankful towards Pakistan Army, which has not only helped clean the province of anti-state elements, but also since the last five-six years, initiated several mining and other projects in which the provincial government and local people (not sardars) are the direct beneficiaries. References http://odysseuslahori.blogspot.com/2013/05/Chamalang.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamalang_Coal_Mines http://xerics.blogspot.com/2012/09/black-pearl-balochistan-documentary.html#.V7akKWV39Og

The fact of the matter is, Indian establishment and political junta has no clue what to do next. Pakistan's "buzz-off" response and China's "middle-finger" feedback is resulting in sleepless nights for Modi & Co and RAW.

As @PakSword rightly pointed out above, and I quote him:

There will be no war between China and India or India and Pakistan. There are certain milestones agreed between Pakistan and China as listed below:

Objective # 1:

Ignore Indian rants on CPEC. (So far Pakistan is able to ignore them.)

Objective # 2:

Reduce the Indian sponsored terrorism in Baluchistan to an acceptable level. (Pakistan successfully launched and almost completed Zarb e Azb and the threats have been effectively reduced. Pakistan is also raising an entire force to maintain the risk to acceptable level, so far so good.)

Objective # 3:

Complete CPEC on time. (This is being met as planned.)

Objective # 4:

Invite other countries to join CPEC. (This is being done simultaneously, and Pakistan is inviting Iran and Afghanistan to join in. Afghanistan is right now playing in the hands of India due to major Indian influence. However, this will not last in the near future and once US takes out its forces, and Pro Pakistan Afghan Taliban come into significant power, Indian embassies will be blown away together with their influence. Afghanistan and Iran will certainly join CPEC by linking Indian financed Chahbahar to CPEC. Other countries have already shown their interest, who doesn't like cheaper trade routes and that too linking one of the largest economies).

Objective # 5:

Increase naval influence in Arabian sea and Indian Ocean. (Everyone knows about the Chinese and Pakistani naval presence in the area.)

Objective # 6:

Ask India to join CPEC as well, once Chinese-Indian and Pakistani-Indian disputes on Kashmiri's land are resolved. (This is very far, but eventually, India will have to bow in front of China, Russia and other regional powers).

IMHO, Turkish companies have much to gain from CPEC. Already Archelik, the best Turkish white goods company, has purchased a Pak company to have a strong foothold. This is just the beginning..

So the US spent last 15 years in Afghanistan and got thousands of their troops killed to leave and let China take over all the influence?
The main reason they are in Afghanistan is for geopolitical influence. So much wishful thinking without considering other parties and their interests.

IMHO, Turkish companies have much to gain from CPEC. Already Archelik, the best Turkish white goods company, has purchased a Pak company to have a strong foothold. This is just the beginning..

Dear Turkish friend,

What is your take on the view that Turkey's is pivotal state with the right place in SCO and eaurasian economic integeration?

With Turkey in mediterainian and Pak in Afro-Asian these two countries together with Russia and China can play a pivotal role in the shaping of the eurasian landmass.

Sadly, the trade between Turk-Pak is too low.

You view are most welcome.

Thank you.

Regards.

And you are?

Delusions galore! Do make an appointment with your shrink before you venture to write your next post. This one is idiocy unlimited.
And you are? BANNED :omghaha:

Russia-China-India-Pakistan-Iran-Turkey

How come Russia and Turkey have no issues with each other? I don't think the shooting of the Russian fighter by Turkey would have completely calmed Russia.

To me it's a big question as to how both of them can cooperate on one CPEC this early.

Dear Turkish friend,

What is your take on the view that Turkey's is pivotal state with the right place in SCO and eaurasian economic integeration?

With Turkey in mediterainian and Pak in Afro-Asian these two countries together with Russia and China can play a pivotal role in the shaping of the eurasian landmass.

Sadly, the trade between Turk-Pak is too low.

You view are most welcome.

Thank you.

Regards.
All things are running in the right direction with a zig-zag pattern off course. CPEC is like God-sent. Turkey is very much a part of Eurasian economic integration - no mater from which point you view. Turkish leaders are fully aware of these facts, and are making proper policies and taking right actions. Future definitely looks much brighter for Asia in general and particular..

How come Russia and Turkey have no issues with each other? I don't think the shooting of the Russian fighter by Turkey would have completely calmed Russia.

To me it's a big question as to how both of them can cooperate on one CPEC this early.
Turkey is mending her ties with Russia. Russian jet was downed as a part of a conspiracy against Turkey.

All things are running in the right direction with a zig-zag pattern off course. CPEC is like God-sent. Turkey is very much a part of Eurasian economic integration - no mater from which point you view. Turkish leaders are fully aware of these facts, and are making proper policies and taking right actions. Future definitely looks much brighter for Asia in general and particular..

Turkey is mending her ties with Russia. Russian jet was downed as a part of a conspiracy against Turkey.

That's great to hear that Turkey and Russia are mending ties. So, atleast Pakistan-China-Iran-Turkey-Russia are on the same page.

CPEC don't need India however if India wants to join then it would be upto China to decide whether they can or not.

That's great to hear that Turkey and Russia are mending ties. So, atleast Pakistan-China-Iran-Turkey-Russia are on the same page.

CPEC don't need India however if India wants to join then it would be upto China to decide whether they can or not.

Economic unions do not work unless there is a common set of values. Russians would dump CPEC if Uncle Sam & EU promises something tangible

First, your constitution says that GB is not part of Pakistan. Then how come you are building CPEC through GB? You cry so much about UN resolutions. This is a clear violation of those resolutions.

There is nothing for China to tolerate or not tolerate. India did warned China that CPEC passing through GB is illegal. In spite China proceeded, so any consequences have to be borne by China too.

Instead of talking about" consequences", I think both countries should use CPEC. I would say instead of naming CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor ) it should be called SAEC ( South Asian Economic Corridor). All the countries of the region should be benefited from it. In return Pakistan should charge transit charges from those countries. Win win situation for every one.

Economic unions do not work unless there is a common set of values. Russians would dump CPEC if Uncle Sam & EU promises something tangible

Great then shall we wait for the next century for that development as Russia is not like Ukraine where change in Govt can bring a Uncle SAM & Europe loving Govt. to pop out of no where..... :)

I think you haven't got the chance to check history between Uncle SAM vs Russia. I will urge you to check out their relations after the Second World War - till today.

Instead of talking about" consequences", I think both countries should use CPEC. I would say instead of naming CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor ) it should be called SAEC ( South Asian Economic Corridor). All the countries of the region should be benefited from it. In return Pakistan should charge transit charges from those countries. Win win situation for every one.

Great Idea but not feasible untill Hot Heads stop thinking of CPEC as a problem for them. If you look at the investment which India gets then you will see that 46 Billion is nothing compared to that. Instead of thinking like this route will be feasible for them as well they are saying they are against it.

Well then we don't care whatever anyone thinks.

Great then shall we wait for the next century for that development as Russia is not like Ukraine where change in Govt can bring a Uncle SAM & Europe loving Govt. to pop out of no where..... :)

I think you haven't got the chance to check history between Uncle SAM vs Russia. I will urge you to check out their relations after the Second World War - till today.

The cold war is an anomaly between Russia and the West.

Russia has been friendly with Western powers. German advisors have helped Russia historically. It is White and Christian (Orthodox branch). They have nukes, Security Council membership and vast natural resources. Their population is in decline. Their economy is based on natural resources. Their technological prowess is slipping. It is a matter of time before they reconcile with Europe. They might not like America. They have no qualms about partnering Germany (even with WW 2) or France.

The point is that Russia can put a massive hole in all the geo-political machinations or projections behind CPEC. CPEC is still useful. But it becomes a massive transit project

Great Idea but not feasible untill Hot Heads stop thinking of CPEC as a problem for them. If you look at the investment which India gets then you will see that 46 Billion is nothing compared to that. Instead of thinking like this route will be feasible for them as well they are saying they are against it.

Well then we don't care whatever anyone thinks.

It is this simple: India and China have a long border. With approval of Indian government China is free to construct a trade route

Back
Top Bottom