What's new

CPEC to include $26bn Diamer, Dasu dams: Ahsan

@Muhammad Omar mai nay jab title dekha tu mai soch mai par gya ke yeh diamer dasu konsa dam hai ( diamer bhasha sunna that diamer dasu bahi :p ;) ) before I saw the comma and realized that its the diamer bhasha dam and dasu dam.

The thing is that Pakistan is a growing nation and our energy needs are growing each day. We need dams, we need solar panels, we need wind energy and basically every other form of energy and we need lots of it.

These dams are imperative and important for the survival of Pakistan. We let kalabagh dam ( a fortube changer) slip by so we can't afford any more mistakes here. Its good that they have placed it under CPEC. Now hopefully they start construction soon so that we can move forward towards seriously taking control of our energy crisis.

Let's see what happens to this damn.

Basha Dam at the end of this year and Dasu may be in July this year

Very good if this is true. Any source for this timeline?

That seems very expensive for a dam. With that money around 13 Aircraft carriers could be inducted or 23 Burj al Khalifas could be built.
Carriers are liabilities, they will eat money away from the economy. Dams are the assets, they will give add Billion to economy every year for next 70 to 100 years. It's like digging an oil well. You can build dam and than build carriers from the money generated from Dams. It will not work the other way.

That seems very expensive for a dam. With that money around 13 Aircraft carriers could be inducted or 23 Burj al Khalifas could be built.

Dam is a asset and A/C is a liability. Why you are relating assets with liability?. Your post is not mature

You do understand that none of the structures mentioned by you
1-Involves storing the water.
2-Capable of producing electricity from it.

PTI priorities are better school have been much improved , police stations are better health , Patwari system is nearly to end and everything is now computerized and hospital are getting better . Now its the time to start investment on public transport & buses system

:rofl:

Last edited:
Please tell me why Pakistan is not able to make a small dam like Neelum jhelum for the last 25 years ? After Ayyub khan there was not a single major hydro power dam build in Pakistan why ? Motor way can be made because Nawaz sells his steel & Metro bus would be build by doing corruption of Billions of dollars . Later Nawaz hides his money in panama islands .
Convince me ? otherwise stop wasting your time on his forum
Neelum-Jhelum is almost done and it has more strategic importance than power generation for Pakistan, so it was army administered project..
For the rest of your stories you know how things move under political administration.

Neelum-Jhelum is almost done and it has more strategic importance than power generation for Pakistan, so it was army administered project..
For the rest of your stories you know how things move under political administration.
Neelum jhelum is the worst project in the history of Pak . Govt already took loan 3 times of its expenditure and there had been delay of decades . The main reason behind all such failed projects is the political parties like scum Nawaz & zardari Why Wapda & Nepra don't get reforms ? why dont they work like a independent institution ? Why there capacity is not increase ? If politicans will not act than army has to some how manage this country .

People like you will keep on smiling and KPK literacy rate & basic necessities will become better

Neelum jhelum is the worst project in the history of Pak . Govt already took loan 3 times of its expenditure and there had been delay of decades . The main reason behind all such failed projects is the political parties like scum Nawaz & zardari Why Wapda & Nepra don't get reforms ? why dont they work like a independent institution ? Why there capacity is not increase ? If politicans will not act than army has to some how manage this country .
I have inside information regarding this project and as far as i know this project's main contractor is Chinese company with assistance from local/foreign vendors. I think you don't know the nature of this project as I have mentioned in my previous post and for the record I'm talking about the following project you must be confusing it to some other project.
http://www.wapda.gov.pk/index.php/neelum-jhelum

I have inside information regarding this project and as far as i know this project's main contractor is Chinese company with assistance from local/foreign vendors. I think you don't know the nature of this project as I have mentioned in my previous post and for the record I'm talking about the following project you must be confusing it to some other project.
http://www.wapda.gov.pk/index.php/neelum-jhelum
Everything which incompetent politicians are not able to do . Then Army is the only replacement in Pakistan thats the story man

Everything which incompetent politicians are not able to do . Then Army is the only replacement in Pakistan thats the story man
I beg to differ, you have very wrong assessment of the problem Pakistan is facing today.
The debate is long and off the topic but I will only say this that if we could remove the Musharraf era from our history Nawaz Sharif would not have been ruling us today.

I beg to differ, you have very wrong assessment of the problem Pakistan is facing today.
The debate is long and off the topic but I will only say this that if we could remove the Musharraf era from our history Nawaz Sharif would not have been ruling us today.
If dictator Musharraf had Butcher Nawaz & zardari it would be better for Pakistan . Now dont ignore the failure of institution & governance on the side of politicians . You give them 100 years Pakistan will remain the same or even worst

People like you will keep on smiling and KPK literacy rate & basic necessities will become better[/QUOTE]

HMMM. Well you can stop us laughing by highlighting your achievements in the following categories:

1. Transport
  2. Skills Development
  3. Education
  4. Cleanliness
  5. Health
  6. Infrastructure
  7. Good Governance
  8. Employment
  9. Tourism
  10. Environment
  11. Revenue Department/Agriculture and other government department
  12. Local Government
  13. VIP Culture, CM still lives in the CM house I believe correct me if I am wrong
I am waiting for your reply and believe me I wont laugh after you highlight your achievements.

People like you will keep on smiling and KPK literacy rate & basic necessities will become better

HMMM. Well you can stop us laughing by highlighting your achievements in the following categories:

1. Transport
  2. Skills Development
  3. Education
  4. Cleanliness
  5. Health
  6. Infrastructure
  7. Good Governance
  8. Employment
  9. Tourism
  10. Environment
  12. Local Government
  13. VIP Culture, CM still lives in the CM house I believe correct me if I am wrong
I am waiting for your reply and believe me I wont laugh after you highlight your achievements.[/QUOTE]
If you make a comparison of KPK with Punjab & Sindh you will find progress every where its becoming better in Police , education law & order business is also coming back people are feeling more secure except for PMLN darbaris

1. Transport
  2. Skills Development
  3. Education
  4. Cleanliness
  5. Health
  6. Infrastructure
  7. Good Governance
  8. Employment
  9. Tourism
  10. Environment
  12. Local Government
I am waiting for your reply and believe me I wont laugh after you highlight your achievements.
If you make a comparison of KPK with Punjab & Sindh you will find progress every where its becoming better in Police , education law & order business is also coming back people are feeling more secure except for PMLN darbaris[/QUOTE]

Same old crap we are better. Give me KPIs man what are the performance indicators you are using to judge your performance and I am not going to check your performance against others it is you who are trying to convince others so you have to do the effort and provide proof of your performance.
Oops effort is something I guess PTI is not familiar with. BTW how is chuha maar campaign going on.

Back
Top Bottom