What's new

CPEC not for Balochistan development: Mengal

@RealNapster @Djinn @Signalian @war&peace @tps77 did you guys know that to suppress the local Baloch layman , the fuedals don't let the provincial govt to hire police officers to maintain law and order ! Instead they insist on having levies paid by the federal govt ?

That same defecto police force which is not accountable to any of the provincial departments including the Baloch Police department :o: Now i want to become a Punjabi Sardar , mjy nae pta :(

Kalpar tribe ! It was general musharaf who left no stone unturned in their rehabilitation on the same land from where they were expelled ----

G bhai, kuch aisa idea hay, but its more complicated than that.

Mengal has habit of such statement to get attention from the Gov he needs few funds give him and he will go quite. I heard him saying previously that Gov is not bringing any development projects in Balochistan and when the project come he take a U turn. Nawaz will give him some funds and he will go silent.

He is talking about CPEC and not the due share of budget of Balochistan which is an internal kind of thing

What NFC award did is, they reformulated the way the share of provincial governments used to be calculated so they counted more factors than just population such as the size of the province, poverty etc... if my memory is correct

But this thread is not about the budget of Punjab vs Balochistan or Sindh... its about CPEC and the fact is, Balochistan isn't getting many power projects after the biggest power project tipped to supply electricity across Balochistan is already shelved

Have you read the OP? It's all about conspiracy, non-development, evil Punjabis and bla bla......

If CPEC's project is shelved (I am sure it will be because of financial non-viability at the moment) than why GoB can't do from it from own budget or public/private partnership? Why everything others have to do? Provincial budget kya mujray daikhne k liay hota hai?

And NFC is still stupid. If you want justice than every province should collect all direct/indirect taxes on products/services consumed in it by itself. Why federal govt. have to collect it and than distribute? And I assure you that being largest consumer base, Punjab's revenue will me lot more than what it get's from this idiotic NFC on top of that never ending blames.

Have you read the OP? It's all about conspiracy, non-development, evil Punjabis and bla bla......

If CPEC's project is shelved (I am sure it will be because of financial non-viability at the moment) than why GoB can't do from it from own budget or public/private partnership? Why everything others have to do? Provincial budget kya mujray daikhne k liay hota hai?

And NFC is still stupid. If you want justice than every province should collect all direct/indirect taxes on products/services consumed in it by itself. Why federal govt. have to collect it and than distribute? And I assure you that being largest consumer base, Punjab's revenue will me lot more than what it get's from this idiotic NFC on top of that never ending blames.
About NFC: Yes Punjab produces more than it gets in return and Balochistan is already the biggest beneficiary after distribution of resources whilst Punjab is the only province that is getting less than its due share and still cursed

But as far as CPEC is concerned, The power projects committed for Balochistan have either been shelved or most of the electricity is supplied in other provinces after it generates in Balochistan a part from single power project in Gwadar that is specifically intended to serve Gwadar port.

Balochistan's share in power projects of CPEC needs to be raised although I do agree they are getting biggest chunk of CPEC in infrastructure projects

CPEC will transform Balochistan, it will make Balochistan, so what is the problem?

So what are the projects in balochistan in cpec ? I think govt should be clear about this all.
Federal reused to take cheap eletrivity from iran for balochistan that also raises many doubts .

Between he has a point , balochistan resources should be given to baloch people according to constitution of pakistan then these all sardars will keep quiet and will watch in their garebaan too .
Mengal is not blaming all punjabis , hes only speaking about development in punjab . Punjab se baahir ka pakistan sirf tax k liye nahi ha , dusre provinces k b concern hote hain and they also want equal developments as punjab .

He said this all in a huge crowd in kharan , that shows that he has lot of support there as i have also witnessed many anti pakistan people when i was in kharan .

@RealNapster @Djinn @Signalian @war&peace @tps77 did you guys know that to suppress the local Baloch layman , the fuedals don't let the provincial govt to hire police officers to maintain law and order ! Instead they insist on having levies paid by the federal govt ?

That same defecto police force which is not accountable to any of the provincial departments including the Baloch Police department :o: Now i want to become a Punjabi Sardar , mjy nae pta :(

Kalpar tribe ! It was general musharaf who left no stone unturned in their rehabilitation on the same land from where they were expelled ----
:tsk:

About NFC: Yes Punjab produces more than it gets in return and Balochistan is already the biggest beneficiary after distribution of resources whilst Punjab is the only province that is getting less than its due share and still cursed

Than it's not better to raise voice to empower the provinces to collect the revenues after 18th amendment and provinces should contribute for federal expenditure than having sorry attitude? It will clear up all the delusion and we will be happy with our revenues without any blame game?

But as far as CPEC is concerned, The power projects committed for Balochistan have either been shelved or most of the electricity is supplied in other provinces after it generates in Balochistan a part from single power project in Gwadar that is specifically intended to serve Gwadar port.

Balochistan's share in power projects of CPEC needs to be raised although I do agree they are getting biggest chunk of CPEC in infrastructure projects

CPEC is purely a commercial project, it's not man-o-salwa which will shower equally on all places. You can't force investor to invest where it sees no financial viability. It's responsibility of GoB to come up with plans to woo the investors, and it can't be achivied by bitich about we will become minority, in fact Baluchistan should be trying to bring in more people and skills from other provinces to increase it's market size and to ensure the investors about availability of skilled/unskilled manpower.

Than it's not better to raise voice to empower the provinces to collect the revenues after 18th amendment and provinces should contribute for federal expenditure than having sorry attitude? It will clear up all the delusion and we will be happy with our revenues without any blame game?

CPEC is purely a commercial project, it's not man-o-salwa which will shower equally on all places. You can't force investor to invest where it sees no financial viability. It's responsibility of GoB to come up with plans to woo the investors, and it can't be achivied by bitich about we will become minority, in fact Baluchistan should be trying to bring in more people and skills from other provinces to increase it's market size and to ensure the investors about availability of skilled/unskilled manpower.
The fact is... wherever the new opportunities are created, migrants follow.

Gwadar only has few thousand people... around 30 thousand I guess... and theaster plan of Gwadar is to accommodate millions of people... roughly 3 million if my memory is correct... if such thing happens, its likely to consume 30% population of entire Balochistan but it is highly unlikely to happen so people from other pronvinces will also relocate

The fact is, if only Gwadar and Quetta are developed with standard of Punjab, Islo and Karachi... The entire province of Balochistan is not enough to cater job requirements so you will need to import people from other provinces.. The bottom line... Either the Baloch people will have to relocate to Balochistan or migration from across Pakistan will ultimately settle in Gwadar... the other option is... Baloch people refuse development and aconowledge that they want to remain poor and die in hunger but don't want to see population surge in Gwadar and Quetta.. otherwise mass migration can indeed transform the local people of Gwadar into minority if not the whole province

Good night :)

What do they want? Seriously, someone tell me

All I've heard from Balochi Politicians is the 'Punjab' excuse. Balochi's don't want to do anything for themselves. But when the federal government tries to create development, they cry 'Punjab!'

They keep crying about funding. The federal government allots them their share depending on population, but they don't do anything with it.

Recently, Balochi ministers have been indicted in Multi-billion rupee corruption scandals. But somehow, its the 'Punjabis' fault

No ones gonna help you. You gotta help yourself. That applies to one person or a whole country. You can cry about it or do something about it.

I know Punjabi's get more, and it may or may not be unfair. But this is the reality of the world. There are more of them, they contribute more to the economy, they have more arable land. What do you want?

@Doordie tat sob feudal bugti used to brag about that how he would kill his opponent and then enjoy that slain adversary's wife in bed :tsk: Source , one of his interviews to time magazine

Well i guess now enjoying the pain in grave

Well it's true Punjab gets what it wants

projects are always distributed according to population in whole world. that is why my Question to baloch sardar's why they always demands a conditions. they demand if anyone outside from Baluchistan stay or work in Baluchistan that person should not have right to vote in Baluchistan. that person will not be considered as a Bloch resident. alot of pakistani want to be a proud baluchistani. and now Baluchistan have this opportunity to welcome other Pakistani to increase the population of Baluchistan. i know how Baluchistan can be developed. i want to be a part of developing Baluchistan. may baloch sardar's allow me to live there????????? answer is NO

16 projects are allocated to Baluchistan, then 13 to sindh. BTW, the idiots who want to liberate Baluchistan, clearly don't understand that it is not practical. We are unfortunately a country with many enemies, who are trying to propel the instability in Baluchistan to leverage the Kashmir issue. Furthermore, the sardars of baloch often wage war against each other, therefore an independence does not make any sense for the region.

Baluchistan sardar`s who always create hurdle in any development of Baluchistan... Ask these 2 question in any forum you will see how much they are an idiot who dont know the reality Q1. industrial zones of CPEC will be decided only by Federal Govt or by Provincial Govt? Q2. why baloch sardar always create hurdle of Baluchistan development whether it was Gas pipe line or any other project within Baluchistan?

after 18 amendment it's up to Baluchistan Govt what projects they want to include in CPEC. all work for Baluchistan could not be done by federal govt. Baloch should negotiate with Baluchistan Govt rather then blaming on federal Govt.

Mengal has habit of such statement to get attention from the Gov he needs few funds give him and he will go quite. I heard him saying previously that Gov is not bringing any development projects in Balochistan and when the project come he take a U turn. Nawaz will give him some funds and he will go silent.

and they will use the funds in weapons

So Mr Mengal what have U done for development of Balochistan till now except filling your accounts with public money and only passing verbal rhetorics as usual?

Back
Top Bottom