What's new

CPEC not for Balochistan development: Mengal

Well.wisher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
QUETTA - Balochistan National Party chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal yesterday said multibillion CPEC project is not meant for the progress of Balochistan; instead, it will transform the Baloch nation into a minority on their own soil.

Addressing the oath-taking ceremony of Balochistan National Party’s newly elected office bearers at Baba-i-Nushki Cricket Ground, Sardar Akhtar Mengal strongly criticised the multibillion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) uplift schemes, terming them a conspiracy against the Baloch nation.

“We are not seeing any development. Even our people do not have access to hospitals for treatment, not to speak of development,” lamented Mengal. He also expressed reservations over the CPEC and the census which he termed a conspiracy to convert the Baloch nation into a minority.

The BNP chief smelt plots against the Baloch people in Balochistan to expel them from their native soil, adding conspiracies were being hatched in the province since the inception of Pakistan in 1947.

Nothing else was being done on the pretext of development for the people of the province. Only new employment opportunities were being created for the Punjab by building railway lines, infrastructure and power projects to offer new vistas of job opportunities for the people of the biggest province, former Balochistan chief minister Sardar Mengal said.

He alleged the Punjab rulers were exploiting the resources of other units for their own interest. “The Punjab is looting resources of the small provinces for its own interest,” claimed Akhtar Mengal. He said: “We do not ask anything from the Punjab, but want ownership of all the resources of Balochistan.” He added the people of Balochistan, and not Sardars and Nawabs, deserved and owned these resources.

The BNP chief urged the people of Balochistan to forge unity in their ranks and make all-out efforts to end injustice to the province. BNP District President Nazir Baloch, Mir Sanaullah Jamaldini and others also addressed the ceremony.

http://nation.com.pk/national/26-Feb-2017/cpec-not-for-balochistan-development-mengal

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair Baloch are probably already a minority in the province. Theres not much that can be done about that other than perhaps creating a new province, but I don't see BRP ever agreeing to that.

If he could provide an actual argument for why CPEC is bad for Balochistan then I'd love to hear it.

The BNP chief smelt plots against the Baloch people in Balochistan to expel them from their native soil, adding conspiracies were being hatched in the province since the inception of Pakistan in 1947.

I wonder who has expelled hundreds and thousands of Balouch tribesmen from their land over the past few centuries?

Hint: It wasn't the Punjabis.

Idiots

Pakistan bought gwadar from oman.
These fuedals are worried that due to opportunities and education they wont be able to blackmail their own people. They have oppressed balochs for 70 years and kept them uneducated and under developed.

Well, Sardar's are in pain due to loss of their persona influence espcially since the day Law & Order is being implemented whereby, a state within state created by these thugs, is actually eliminated and people are going to have their fair share. These Sardar's were expecting huge crunch of money out of every project like happened in past but being disappointed, may stoop to such level from time to time for point scoring and a few bags of currency that corrupt ruling elite may deliver to keep them silent.

The same people have been ruling Baluchistan since ages and before making any claim, they need to come with their credibility based upon any welfare and progress is done in Baluchistan but none except, manipulation, misleading and creating hurdles against progress. The incompetent that couldn't do anything nor ever wanted to do as such, are now speaking for the people the same people that they kept them deprived of their own rights but treated them with incivility and inhuman behaviours.

IMO, any party which is based upon a specific caste, ethnicity or language, will never ever strive for Pakistan but always seek a way to defame the country, blame others and causing distance among people like we can see MQM, ANP, BNP, Jiye Sindh or any other party. It is the time that we must deal with them in kind for better Pakistan.

Yeah right Gawadar is located in Punjab ????. Seriously, I am getting fed up with all these accusations from everyone ( Sindhis, Baluchi and Pushtoons) that is it Punjabis who are taking everything. I think it is time for Punjabis to also be pro-active and start confronting these accusations. Enough is enough, is it Punjabi's fault if 50% of Pakistan's population reside in Punjab ?

It is time, we take these accuser to the cleaners and stop these accusations. They shouldn't be blaming Punjabis for their incompetence.

Forget CPEC . Baluchistan always had the highest provincial budget in Pakistan per capita. Where the money goes?
Punjab only gets 9000 Rs per person while Baluchistan gets 28000 Rs.
Why the sardars sitting in provincial assembly gobble up the money and don't spend on Baloch people?

I wonder who has expelled hundreds and thousands of Balouch tribesmen from their land over the past few centuries?

Hint: It wasn't the Punjabis.
Thousands from centuries? Pakistan is roughly 70 years old. So the award goes to British but then again without ample evidence I can't even blame them :(

To blame anyone for that matter can we have an evidence that thousands if not million tribes were expelled from their own land

Oh stop blaming the "evil punjabis" for everything it isn't our fault if your own people are corrupt to the core and don't spend a single penny on Balochistan's development.
Don't you known it ?
It was non Baluchi finance secretary who stashed few hundred millions in cash, it was bugti dog who had Private army and arsenal

Back
Top Bottom