What's new

Counterinsurgency | Exclusive Interview with a Pakistani Special Forces Operator.

View attachment 130553 View attachment 130554 View attachment 130555 View attachment 130556 View attachment 130557 View attachment 130560 View attachment 130561 View attachment 130562
Pakistan Defence's Counterinsurgency Expert Irfan Baloch has gained special access to an SSG operator to talk in detail about the battlefield application and utility of Pakistan's COIN doctrine, in regards to the ongoing COIN effort against various asymmetric threats facing Pakistan today. This effort has taken months to put together so please let us know if you liked the interview. We would be pleased to answer any queries.

Best Regards - Horus

View attachment 130563

View attachment 130486 View attachment 130487 View attachment 130488 View attachment 130489 View attachment 130490 View attachment 130491 View attachment 130492 View attachment 130493 View attachment 130494

Download Free PDF File.
Thanks ! I'll read this soon inshallah .

The addition of SWAT teams in the agencies - and the "special" training for field units - has enabled them to be a key asset for special operations in the country, many of these field agents are increasingly women also,including operations in hostile territory - including extraction of assets, from india, and other countries.

Regarding the article - simply brilliant, felt so tense - thankfully all the lads got out safely.

This was like reading through a high intensity thriller...
the professionalism exhibited throughout the operation is what all Pakistanis can learn from this...
salute to the guys involved in the Operation :pakistan:

Post this interview in Urdu.
I will really love some support in this.. it was elitist of me to prepare the interview in English. maybe seeking approval from international audience to show that we are also doing the right things despite all the criticism.

a translated Urdu version will inspire a bigger population group in Pakistan .
are you game?

@Irfan Baloch there needs to be an encore now... great work
bro
my fingers fell off typing it all down, converting the paper maps on a program to make and scale the maps, the editing and revising really made me regret the mammoth task i took at hand. on one hand there was a challenge not to get my guy into trouble and on the other keep enough meat to the bone that it keeps enthusiasts interested as well.

I have sent a headsup to one of my own family members as well to be prepared for a longer interview on the same lines. but once he is back from the operations.

I will pass it to people like @Icarus @Xeric and @Abu Zolfiqar to share their experiences as well in this WoT

Last edited:
I will really love some support in this.. it was elitist of me to prepare the interview in English. maybe seeking approval from international audience to show that we are also doing the right things despite all the criticism.

a translated Urdu version will inspire a bigger population group in Pakistan .
are you game?

bro
my fingers fell off typing it all down, converting the paper maps on a program to make and scale the maps, the editing and revising really made me regret the mammoth task i took at hand. on one hand there was a challenge not to get my guy into trouble and on the other keep enough meat to the bone that it keeps enthusiasts interested as well.

I have sent a headsup to one of my own family members as well to be prepared for a longer interview on the same lines. but once he is back from the operations.

I will pass it to people like @Icarus @Xeric and @Abu Zolfiqar to share their experiences as well in this WoT

Great work by @ irfan Baloch can't stop reading this, it's an amazing experience to read an actual event .

I haven't even read it completely but I can't go on anymore before expressing my heartfelt gratitude, respect, love and admiration for our Security Forces fighting the good war for us all... May ALLAH be your GUIDE and PROTECTOR and may you emerge decisively victorious from every battlefield that you go into... Ameen :pakistan:

@AgNoStiC MuSliM you discovered the interview after all? :) I was planning to get in touch with you to convert the hand drawn maps into some better computer aided imaging but then used what was available and Horus only made them look even better.

you might recall from our old TT section i had planned to meet this guy some time ago but he is always out in the field so hard to get hold of but eventually I did and results so far have been satisfactory

Does ISI have a branch that monitors the flow of info on public media? It would feel better if all such interviews were read by the intelligence to see if it's safe for release

Does ISI have a branch that monitors the flow of info on public media? It would feel better if all such interviews were read by the intelligence to see if it's safe for release
yes dear its called S branch and this interview was reviewed
feel better now?

Irfan Sir, Tons of thanks for this huge effort. That was one heck of planning and its execution. Due to media blackout, we cannot have the real insight apart from the same old released videos of Cobras or the T-59s shooting targets during operations. This interview was simply stunning to read....i felt like i was there with my brave men in uniform. A complete reflection of professionalism, excellence and supremacy. Salute to these brave souls. And thanks to you sir once again.

Back
Top Bottom