What's new

Counterinsurgency | Exclusive Interview with a Pakistani Special Forces Operator.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Defence's Counterinsurgency Expert Irfan Baloch has gained special access to an SSG operator to talk in detail about the battlefield application and utility of Pakistan's COIN doctrine, in regards to the ongoing COIN effort against various asymmetric threats facing Pakistan today. This effort has taken months to put together so please let us know if you liked the interview. We would be pleased to answer any queries.

Best Regards - Horus

SSG_Interview0001.jpg

SSG_Interview0002.jpg
SSG_Interview0003.jpg
SSG_Interview0004.jpg
SSG_Interview0005.jpg
SSG_Interview0006.jpg
SSG_Interview0007.jpg
SSG_Interview0008.jpg
SSG_Interview0009.jpg
SSG_Interview0010.jpg

Last edited:
A joy to read.

Well done to all those involved in this interview.

The moment i started reading it,i was incapacitated.I couldn't move an inch before finishing this wonderful interview.It made me feel like i was there fighting those terrorist worms.
RESPECT AND A SALUTE TO SSG.
YOU ARE THE BEST.

Itz 2 : 00 am and i couldn't sleep before reading this excellent interview.

Now onwards SSG's heroics and tactics should be taught for COIN.

Last edited:
Incase anyone wondering, This was the Op which is being discussed in interview

Pakistani military kills local Taliban leader, captures al Qaeda bomb expert

By BILL ROGGIOJune 28, 2014

The Pakistani military said it killed the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's commander for the town of Miramshah in North Waziristan and captured an al Qaeda explosives expert during its ongoing offensive in the tribal agency.

The Inter-Services Public Relations, the Pakistani military's public affairs branch, claimed that the "TTP [Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan or Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan] commander of Miramshah, Commander Umer has been killed by security forces last night on the outskirts of Miranshah."

The Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan has not announced the death of its commander in Miramshah. An email sent to the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's media department has not been answered at this time.

Additionally, security forces claimed to have captured "one prominent al Qaeda commander" who was "trying to flee from surrounded area in NWA [North Waziristan Agency]." The Pakistani military identified him as "an explosive, IED, [and] suicide belt expert," but did not name him.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/06/pakistani_military_k.php

Last edited:
Excellent read. @Irfan Baloch Did aabpara edited the interview or let it remain as it is ?
I was respectful not to probe more than needed and not to record the interview also avoided any sensitive questions like base locations, flight times .. tribe names that helped us etc.

Incase anyone wondering, This was the Op which is being discussed in interview

Pakistani military kills local Taliban leader, captures al Qaeda bomb expert

By BILL ROGGIOJune 28, 2014

The Pakistani military said it killed the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's commander for the town of Miramshah in North Waziristan and captured an al Qaeda explosives expert during its ongoing offensive in the tribal agency.

The Inter-Services Public Relations, the Pakistani military's public affairs branch, claimed that the "TTP [Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan or Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan] commander of Miramshah, Commander Umer has been killed by security forces last night on the outskirts of Miranshah."

The Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan has not announced the death of its commander in Miramshah. An email sent to the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's media department has not been answered at this time.

Additionally, security forces claimed to have captured "one prominent al Qaeda commander" who was "trying to flee from surrounded area in NWA [North Waziristan Agency]." The Pakistani military identified him as "an explosive, IED, [and] suicide belt expert," but did not name him.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/06/pakistani_military_k.php
there were many operations that were conducted simultaneously this could be one of them which is reported here

Back
Top Bottom