What's new

Could India block Pakistani ports in case of a war?

I would recommend destroying the Port NOT BLOCKADING IT

Infrastucture damage is more hard hitting

In terms of weapons to do this it would be a combined effort by Indian Navy & Air Force

That's Mig29k Navy su30mki & Jaguars by air force

Multiple brahmos strikes from Mki & Kokatta Class & Shivailk class warships

Jaguar will carry Excocet missles

Each indian warship (frigate or destroyers) Currently carrys 36 Barak 8 long range SAM which range 100km and backed by long range AESA radars . So a 50 year old Mirage 5 Getting through a Barak 8 and MIG29K screen is very very unlikely.

I havent eve factored in the likely hood of MKI taking out the Mirage 5 bases either .
well that is easy, IAF can be don with strike before PAF can even respond
blockade is however a different story

now what would be the response from pakistan on indian ports is the question?
PN subs with cruise missiles, PAF with stand off weapons (simply glide bombs have range of 60 km like REK, far from any of indian SAMs apart from s 300 though with extended glide weapons PAF can even skip the S 300),
babaur cruise missiles with cluster ammunition, or even MRV ballistic missiles with over 1000 kg of weapon load..
you choose the option

I was intrested in this article after reading Joe Shaer and That Guy's reply but then it was high jacked, thank you to the sane minds for rescuing it.

Well to put it simply if they are done swapping their wives:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: they might be able to pose a threat but it wont be fruitful.

You can't.

Please bear with me, if you want a serious answer, and I will explain in three hours time. There are also defences, that Pakistan doesn't have at the moment.
Naah! PN have capabilities you can't even imagine. In case of any misadventure by adversary, PN can easily implement it's A2AD policy. Time has gone for anyone to bully Pakistan from her waterside! Remember the fate of IN submarine story from last year ;)

Naah! PN have capabilities you can't even imagine. In case of any misadventure by adversary, PN can easily implement it's A2AD policy. Time has gone for anyone to bully Pakistan from her waterside! Remember the fate of IN submarine story from last year ;)

Yes, we have capabilities not known to general public, but what i think we lack is numbers which puts us on back foot and force us to use extreme measure.

Blockades are not necessarily about how powerful the navies are. In case of a war maritime insurance rates go sky high and main shipping lines start avoiding the region. So unless you have a strong national Merchant Marine which is willing to run the blockade, the blockade is effective. This stands true for Pakistan as well as for India. Although India has an advantage due to its Geography. Although a couple of subs on their eastern coast can have the same effect.

No. By the time Indian Navy ships are in place the war would be over. Pak/India wars are always subject of premature ejaculation. They are over before they start. So no worries about blocked ports please.

Now if the wars went WW2, Vietnam war Iraq/Iran war, Afghan war that would be differant.

with what would be my question
they have less than double figure subs and less than dozen destroyers, they lack support vessels

so in traditional way no, untraditional its easy, just say we will blow every merchant vessel and viola there you have a blockade..problem, we could end up doing the same..

Our capability means we can deny any adversary access to our EEZ which means in worse case scenario we can still protect our maritime activity. And in this case we don't need to field our ships

If successful, this would starve us of our fuel reserves and be devastating for a long war. How could Pakistan prevent this taking in to account their navy is objectively stronger?
Not a chance. PAF with its anti ship missiles and navy with its anti submarine warfare capabilities will not allow that. Not a chance

Our capability means we can deny any adversary access to our EEZ which means in worse case scenario we can still protect our maritime activity. And in this case we don't need to field our ships
Yes, we have capabilities not known to general public, but what i think we lack is numbers which puts us on back foot and force us to use extreme measure.

No. By the time Indian Navy ships are in place the war would be over. Pak/India wars are always subject of premature ejaculation. They are over before they start. So no worries about blocked ports please.

Now if the wars went WW2, Vietnam war Iraq/Iran war, Afghan war that would be differant.
As per CSD IN will block Pak seas immediately after any conflict. And it's better to be prepared rather than sitting like a duck and expect them not to come

If successful, this would starve us of our fuel reserves and be devastating for a long war. How could Pakistan prevent this taking in to account their navy is objectively stronger?
Sell your ports to China so technically in the time of war, India will not touch them.

Sell your ports to China so technically in the time of war, India will not touch them.
lol jazbati kid, even u can not touch in normal day and u r talking about war time, reason is this
Ghauri1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom