What's new

Could India block Pakistani ports in case of a war?

J
Why should India do naval blockade when there is no export happening from pakistan. India is achieving things without the naval blockade.

Your present and future is both tensed. Please continue sleeping.
and you indians is our last hope and friend. Why you indian worry about pakistan. our enemy should be your friend oh i see you guys have no friend at all. lol come out.from bollywood world. Fix your own problems rather than interferring in others.

Oh Yeah! Why not?

If they can destroy terrorist camps in AJK with a surgical strike at will and go back safely. As well, they can stop a developing country China from constructing a road in Chinese territory and subsequently withdraw troupes unharmed after Chinese gave into Indian threats. Thus, they sure can take over Pakistani ports and we won't be able to do anything because we would be too busy watching their Bollywood stuff.

I hope Indians don't try to invade our ports because we are finally on our way towards prosperity with help from a good friend in China and we don't want that process to be interrupted.

Please India!

Hello,
1) There is no terrorist camps in Azad Kashmir.
2) Surgical strike? Do not be fooled by Bollywood style topi drama by Indians.
3) You did not stop China, that was face saving strategy by Indian government. China is going to build the road sooner or later and india will not be able to jack$hit.
4) Indians gaya$$ navy have no balls to take over Pakistani port.
Goodbye Indian friend

Are you assuming I am Indian? ROFL! May be you should read some of my posts.

I thought Pakistan people have some common sense and they won't get fooled by Indian Bollywood style media.

If you are not Indian, you are influenced by Bollywood style Indian government media bull$hit.

Last edited:
Pakistan needs to have really really really strong ties with iran, Iranian oil and gas during a Indian naval blockade could help win a war. The Arabs won't risk sending oil with a Indian blockade in place, where as Iranian overland oil supplies could be a life line.

Yes, among the three services navy will really have the upper hand in case of war.

Just for the record.

*PN cut by half
*PAF is capped. Limited purchases for next decade until 5th gen Chinese fighter becomes available. Then go for small but potent force.

However we need a large army. Not so much for India. That country is covered by nuclear deterance. The army is needed for internal security. Pakistan is a fragile state and it could easily go the ay Syria, Libya or Iraq have gone. Break up into ethnic/sectarian/tribal entities fighting each other. We already have a lower form of this going in the non state actors engaged in sectarian conflicts etc.

Therefore Pakistan needs a strong military to anchor the nation. However PA needs to be pruned. Large chunk of it needs to be re-configured to provide dedicatred internal security. Something like Turkish Jandarma needs to be developed by even asking for Turkish help.

Pak Jandarma

* 400,000 men strong
* 2,000 plus 8 wheeled AFVs ~ MRAP standard
* 2,000 plus 4 wheeled AFVs ~ MRAP standard
* 50 helicopters for close air support
* 10 C-130s for fast transport
* All troops provide top quality personal body armour

This force is then deployed across Pakistan to get proper writ of the state in every nook and corner. The stability that it would create would help Pakistan and encourage foreign investment. A ideal place for CPEC LTP.

Wars cost money. After a month Pakistan will be bankrupt. What are you going to fight with? Sticks and stones? Please do tell how you would finance a war longer than one month?

Rob Bank of America?

So, in your opinion, you think that the single biggest reason for India not attacking Pakistan is the presence of adequate nuclear deterrence with Pakistan?

I think that if the main focus of Pakistan's army is diverted away from defending Pakistan from an Indian invasion then India will get more aggressive than now.

YOU HAVE MORE SEA LINE TO PROTECT. HENCE U NEED A BIGGER NAVY. Ours is tiny so is our fleet. More then enough to cover the area. So your navey will be coming at us in sort of a funnel.

Why do you people repeat the same again and again???? Ya we've a vast area to cover but when the war comes, do tell me protect from Whom???? are you going to send your ships down towards kanyakumari to attack??? no that's not possible... when the war comes the coastal is not important for the army since the enemy can't reach in those areas.... we're building huge Coast guard, its their work to protect it.. not the navy... Navy wil be free to go ahead with their plans

Why do you people repeat the same again and again???? Ya we've a vast area to cover but when the war comes, do tell me protect from Whom???? are you going to send your ships down towards kanyakumari to attack??? no that's not possible... when the war comes the coastal is not important for the army since the enemy can't reach in those areas.... we're building huge Coast guard, its their work to protect it.. not the navy... Navy wil be free to go ahead with their plans

you have a point and PN need to up the game like PAF and PA. they are working on it. in current scenario, this is not going to fly much longer. even today IN will be taken to task if they ever try to do this blockade. it is just not ships that counter ships. there are other assets that can add to the over all picture. keep that in mind. IN is no blue water navy but PN is full brown water navy from all aspects with considerable capability to hit enemy deep. it is not going to be easy for IN not today and not tomorrow.

you have a point and PN need to up the game like PAF and PA. they are working on it. in current scenario, this is not going to fly much longer. even today IN will be taken to task if they ever try to do this blockade. it is just not ships that counter ships. there are other assets that can add to the over all picture. keep that in mind. IN is no blue water navy but PN is full brown water navy from all aspects with considerable capability to hit enemy deep. it is not going to be easy for IN not today and not tomorrow.
How many thousand kms is Pakistan away from India, blue water or not thats irrelevant in context of Ind-Pak. Tell us more about 'the other assets that will add to over all pictures.' what, you have other assets and resources but we dont? IN can block Pakistan in case of war, but will it have desired results, i will defer that to experts here.

Even if India were to successfully take over the port, it would be unlikely for India to actually take Karachi. Pakistan would likely spend a lot of resources defending the city. Indian naval reinforcements simply wouldn't have the resources to mount a siege, without backup from the land army, who would be too busy fighting in Punjab.
LOL first look at the size of your PN & our coastal guard, then talk about our IN

Ok so do you think we keep all our navy parked at the Karachi port waiting for your navy to show up? What a joke

Why is not possible for a nuclear sub to attack your country from eastern cost?

Building coast guard... ... ....
We building navy... ... ....

PN is full brown water navy

You have 10 major surface combatants and 5 subs. That's it. Compare your PN to our coast guard and be happy.

So, in your opinion, you think that the single biggest reason for India not attacking Pakistan is the presence of adequate nuclear deterrence with Pakistan?

I think that if the main focus of Pakistan's army is diverted away from defending Pakistan from an Indian invasion then India will get more aggressive than now.

The single biggest reason to not attack that country is the plethora of headache we will have to deal with. If they disintegrate due to us, we will have to deal with the nutjobs to their west. Better to fight a war with people who want to live than with nutjobs who want to die.

Oh Yeah! Why not?

If they can destroy terrorist camps in AJK with a surgical strike at will and go back safely. As well, they can stop a developing country China from constructing a road in Chinese territory and subsequently withdraw troupes unharmed after Chinese gave into Indian threats. Thus, they sure can take over Pakistani ports and we won't be able to do anything because we would be too busy watching their Bollywood stuff.

I hope Indians don't try to invade our ports because we are finally on our way towards prosperity with help from a good friend in China and we don't want that process to be interrupted.

Please India!

Hello,
1) There is no terrorist camps in Azad Kashmir.
2) Surgical strike? Do not be fooled by Bollywood style topi drama by Indians.
3) You did not stop China, that was face saving strategy by Indian government. China is going to build the road sooner or later and india will not be able to jack$hit.
4) Indians gaya$$ navy have no balls to take over Pakistani port.
Goodbye Indian friend

Are you assuming I am Indian? ROFL! May be you should read some of my posts.

I thought Pakistan people have some common sense and they won't get fooled by Indian Bollywood style media.

If you are not Indian, you are influenced by Bollywood style Indian government media bull$hit.
I see where you are coming from now. You took my first post in the literal meaning although I thought I was pretty obvious with my sarcasm. To clarify I meant things are quite the opposite to what is in those words.

Stay cool! Pakistan Zindabad!

Back
Top Bottom