What's new

Could India block Pakistani ports in case of a war?

Have you ever been to new silk road? of course not.
A couple of months ago i witnessed chinese trucks entering from Khunjerab border, in fact you will find Chines truck in Hunza.
“So far, there are around 12 to 18 trawlers (semi-trailer trucks) a day coming across five days in a week. They are expected to go up to 100 a day,” said Shabbir, a hotel owner in Sost. “We are also expecting more Chinese tourists,” he said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ew-threat-highways-black-carbon-idUSKBN1D30WK

“So far, there are around 12 to 18 trawlers (semi-trailer trucks) a day coming across five days in a week. They are expected to go up to 100 a day,” said Shabbir, a hotel owner in Sost. “We are also expecting more Chinese tourists,” he said.
Because a hotel owner knows more than anyone else about what comes and what goes out of that route?

Theoretically all you need is to station a few warships about 20 to 30 miles outside the enemy port and intercept any vessel that tries to enter or leave the port. However this really works when the enemy has naval & air superiority at the natural choke points such as Gibraltar, Strait of Hormuz or the Malacca Strait.

Pak submarines are now based at Ormara and Indian Navy would need to block Karachi, Ormara as well as Gwadar before the blockade really bites.

Having shore based cruise missiles, Sea Kings & Orions armed with Harpoons and Exocet equipped Mirages; complete blockage of Pakistani ports appears to be beyond the capability of the Indian Navy. However, should the hostilities continue for a long time, say more than 3 months and during that period IN manages to neutralize PN’s aviation as well as submarine assets, it may be possible.

I would recommend destroying the Port NOT BLOCKADING IT

Infrastucture damage is more hard hitting

In terms of weapons to do this it would be a combined effort by Indian Navy & Air Force

That's Mig29k Navy su30mki & Jaguars by air force

Multiple brahmos strikes from Mki & Kokatta Class & Shivailk class warships

Jaguar will carry Excocet missles

Each indian warship (frigate or destroyers) Currently carrys 36 Barak 8 long range SAM which range 100km and backed by long range AESA radars . So a 50 year old Mirage 5 Getting through a Barak 8 and MIG29K screen is very very unlikely.

I havent eve factored in the likely hood of MKI taking out the Mirage 5 bases either .

Still they are not Scorpenes, are they?

INS_Kalvari_Sea_Trial.JPG

Yes they are not and Agusta 90B have AIP, which Scorpions don't. Plus we have complete know how of those subs
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/top...scorpene-submarine-leaked-says-report-1449447

Yes they are not and Agusta 90B have AIP, which Scorpions don't. Plus we have complete know how of those subs
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/top...scorpene-submarine-leaked-says-report-1449447

I don't wish to make this a AGOSTA v SCORPENE thread but please read this for your education

http://www.domain-b.com/industry/defence/20080226_scorpene.html

In short the Scorpene is 15 years newer than your agosta has far more stealth features better sonar and longer depth and endurance.

For your education? grown up. Do you know what AIP is?. Its a shame that in 15 years Indian don't have that technology. With 50-ve post you are teaching me?

You stick to your 3 AGOSTA with AIP I submarine designed in the 1970s & 80s By France

LET US stick to the NEWER replacement of the AGOSTA in 1990s by the same nation called THE SCORPENE

I can see YOU HAVE completely ignored the thread by the FRENCH NAVY and designers on HOW the scorpene improves over the OLDER AGOSTA ,

but that's your CHOICE

You stick to your 3 AGOSTA with AIP I submarine designed in the 1970s & 80s By France

LET US stick to the NEWER replacement of the AGOSTA in 1990s by the same nation called THE SCORPENE

I can see YOU HAVE completely ignored the thread by the FRENCH NAVY and designers on HOW the scorpene improves over the OLDER AGOSTA ,

but that's your CHOICE
You still didn't answer my question that what AIP is?

This confirms he AIP and other advanced features of SCORPENE

Is this the one you guys crashed?

A blockade is no longer possible

Its suicidal on indias part for the simple reason Pakistan has to much assets

If india wants to line up ships and assets for Pakistan to fire at then india will have alot of dead sailors and sunken ships, its that simple

Pakistan navy has had budget constraints but their is a plan in place.
11-13+ subs AIP equipped with SLCMs and even SLBMs to target india.
Lots of anti ship missiles and a growing list of fast vessels to target indian navy

India in an attempt to enforce a blockade will come out seriously harmed

All We Have To Do Is Block The Oil Supply of India The Tankers Coming From Hormuz Can Blocked By Our Naval Base At Ormara

How does one identify which tanker of oil is coming to India? Or are you suggesting that all tankers out of Hormuz are only India bound?!

A blockade means stopping ALL economic activity. Can you really claim you can block all economic activity to India?

Pakistanis have a brown water fleet

Not a single destroyer in site NOT one

Some ancient frigates

And the AIR WING is a small fleet of 50 year old Mirages.

Your cutting edge is your 3 AGOSTA subs & 4 chinease lightweight F22 frigates

TALK OF SLCM and quoting nos 11 + 13 is fictious and exaggerated

YOUR NAVY IS WEAKEST LINK OF YOUR MILITARY and every sane honest Pakistani has longed acknowledged this

I am not evan sure you have the necessary funds to SAIL halve your vessals to sea your CASH CONSTRAINTS are enourmous.

Quite simply INDIA has PLANS to be the DOMINANT ECONOMIC POWER in the entire india ocean

And THE NAVY WILL REFLECT THIS

How does one identify which tanker of oil is coming to India? Or are you suggesting that all tankers out of Hormuz are only India bound?!

A blockade means stopping ALL economic activity. Can you really claim you can block all economic activity to India?

Please Look At A Map And Pakistan EEZ.Our Navy Only Needs To Look At Their Route To Stop Them

Please Look At A Map And Pakistan EEZ.Our Navy Only Needs To Look At Their Route To Stop Them

Where are you getting this route information in real time?
And how are you going to identify which ship is headed to India vs. Strait of Mallaca? The route required in both cases is the same. Are you simply going to stop every ship to check its travel route and destination?
Or are you planning to stop all traffic out of Hormuz?

Back
Top Bottom