What's new

Could Aselsan provide EW/ECM gear for the JF-17?

Well Aselsan is producing a expensive GAN Aesa for TFX . But I don't think it will be available soon. However , we can get Aselpod ,ECW and other gadgets from Turks . By the way , Italy is also keen to provide avionics for JF 17 . Most probably , JF 17 BLK3 will use Italian AESA .

Chaffing through the nitty gritty and the technical jargon of the article, what I get is that JF-17 is a great solution for your airforce when it comes to upgradeability and future development. I guess if Pakistan keeps it developing and investing in, it will become a very potent platform not only for domestic use but also an export solution for many airforces around the world.

Well Aselsan is producing a expensive GAN Aesa for TFX . But I don't think it will be available soon. However , we can get Aselpod ,ECW and other gadgets from Turks . By the way , Italy is also keen to provide avionics for JF 17 . Most probably , JF 17 BLK3 will use Italian AESA .
Turkish folks are working on fabricating GaN devices. They have pretty good clean rooms for research. Adding extra equipment and going for a small scale production won't be a problem IMHO. Thanks for their understanding of the importance of doing research on solid state devices. Excellent rapport and joint projects with top Turkish universities are a huge plus for the ASELSAN and other defense companies..

Back
Top Bottom