What's new

Construction gear being removed from Shi lang

As the US and the West in general decline, they are and will be more dangerous and conflicts -
"General decline" would be inaccurate; in that case, our real economy and GDP would be shrinking. Rather, the U.S. is in a relative decline compared to the rest of the world. That's fine. After the devastation of WWII the U.S. represented an astonishing 60% of gross world product. As Europe rebuilt and the rest of the planet develops, it's only natural to expect this ratio to decline.

I hope this ship will not venture far from shore and only be used to training - till such time as a significantly larger proto-type with nuclear propulsion can be designed tested and several lined up for production -- As the US and the West in general decline, they are and will be more dangerous and conflicts, regardless of size will only slow China's development and growth.

Once again muse can't help yourself in promoting your one sided ideas.
But What happens if the others try to push you?In that case will your point stays valid.Well I don't think so.In order for guaranteed success one has to look at the possibilities what others are seeing not the one only you are seeing.Only than the band of uncertainity can be decreased. Today China is sending its biggest maritime vessel.That is a fact.Will China ever wanted to No! but if others are pushing than its obligatory for China to respond.This vessel and the others which will be made in future will not fulfill there purpose if they are not used to defend the strategic places of China far from shore.Eventually a time will come when China has to realize that she is meant to rule not to obey not to keep within itself.

My friend, the West is not in decline. The West is simply renewing it's strategy, but this time with far more sophisticated and ultra dangerous weapons systems. What do you think they are currently spending their money on these days! One can only imagine!

When others are pushing it is obligatory to respond?? No it's not obligatory at all- It's a trap -- When it comes to the US or the West one must be very very careful - if one shows them teeth, then have all 32 and have the willingness to show them otherwise focus on what is making the lives of Chinese and hundreds of millions of others, and soon billions of others better.

Eventually a time will come when China has to realize that she is meant to rule not to obey not to keep within itself

If and when such a time will come, I hope China will have better sense and diplomatic etiquette to ever say such things out loud, in public.

Eventually a time will come when China has to realize that she is meant to rule not to obey not to keep within itself.

My friend, this is a scenario for the VERY far future.

We still have a long long way to go.

5 is enough
I don't think 5 would be enough as at least 1 would need to be given to Pakistan (at concessional rates!) So I think, the Chinese would need to construct at least 6. :what:

Here are a couple of images of the Carrier:

_53307657_varyagcredit.gif

The 300m (990ft) carrier, under construction in Dalian,
is thought to be nearly finished.
BBC

I wonder which aircraft they are putting on board? Probably the Su-33 carrier-based fighter jets that Russia is trying to sell China, or with a Chinese version of the Su-33?

And here's a video of that new Chinese carrier...

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011/01/31/video-chinese-aircraft-carrier-caught-on-tape/

When others are pushing it is obligatory to respond?? No it's not obligatory at all- It's a trap -- When it comes to the US or the West one must be very very careful - if one shows them teeth, then have all 32 and have the willingness to show them otherwise focus on what is making the lives of Chinese and hundreds of millions of others, and soon billions of others better.

If and when such a time will come, I hope China will have better sense and diplomatic etiquette to ever say such things out loud, in public.

I strongly disagree!

I know that your opinion is same regarding the incursions of USA with in Pakistan.That is why you have the same opinion.

Yesterday their were unmanned drones today there were manned and armed aircraft bombing inside Pakistan.Why Mr muse you are asking for total submission?Why this mentality?It is just impossible for me to digest.Does not a time has arrived for Pakistan in spite of her weakness in spite of her pitfalls to stand in front of the strong Americans because they have crossed the line.Surely time has arrived to make decisions even it is hard but not impossible ones as they have being demonstrated by the likes of Iran.Do you not know that 70 percent of the aid is currently blocked.What are the gains for this submission?I am just not getting it.

My friend, this is a scenario for the VERY far future.

We still have a long long way to go.

You are right!
This is a scenario for far future as you are admitting it but what about the happenings in between.Are you suggesting to just compromise it as the one is preparing for the inevitable future.
What I am seeing is that the others are pushing this thing into the immediate future.Don't you see the frustration of the west in the media regarding China.This thinking of backing off in every situation results into selling of Billions of worth of weapons to the close lands like Taiwan.In that situation what I see is that this thinking overcomes even the protest of the one. All I am asking is not allow this thinking to dominate in every situation.That's it.

Back
Top Bottom