What's new

Connecticut School District on Lockdown Following Shooting Report

In the Shadow of Sandy Hook, a Powerful Pro-Gun Organization Keeps Silent

gun_control.jpg

A woman places flowers at a memorial for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn.

After School Shooting, Pro-Gun Group in Connecticut Keeps Quiet | TIME.com

They love to give opinions but hate recieving them.

A case of 'one who often criticizes hates to be criticized'. The second Amendment is dated and is in desperate need of revising. Only the republican yahoos supports the notion that only guns will make you safe. At this rate you will only be safe if you go out with a military grade assault rifle. Leaving them at home simply won't do.

Save your excuses for the victim's friends and families. Even your government thinks it's time to put a stop to the heinous gun abuse.
The following happened just this year alone:

February 22, 2012—Five people were killed in at a Korean health spa in Norcross, Georgia, when a man got into an argument and opened fire inside the facility.

February 26, 2012—Multiple gunmen began firing into a nightclub crown in Jackson, Tennessee, killing one person and injuring 20 others.

February 27, 2012—Three students at Chardon High School in rural Ohio were killed when a classmate opened fire.

March 8, 2012—Two people were killed and seven wounded at a psychiatric hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when a gunman entered the hospital with two semiautomatic handguns and began firing.

March 31, 2012—A gunman opened fire on a crowd of mourners at a North Miami, Florida, funeral home, killing two people and injuring 12 others.

April 2, 2012—A 43-year-old former student at Oikos University in Oakland, California, walked into his former school and killed seven people, “execution-style.” Three people were wounded.

April 6, 2012—Two men went on a deadly shooting spree in Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting black men at random in an apparently racially motivated attack. Three men died and two were wounded.

May 29, 2012—A man in Seattle, Washington, opened fire in a coffee shop and killed five people and then himself.

July 9, 2012—At a soccer tournament in Wilmington, Delaware, three people were killed, including a 16-year-old player and the event organizer, when multiple gunmen began firing shots, apparently targeting the organizer.

July 20, 2012—James Holmes enters a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire with a semi-automatic weapon; twelve people are killed and fifty-eight are wounded.

August 5, 2012—A white supremacist and former Army veteran shot six people to death inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

August 14, 2012—Three people were killed at Texas A&M University when a 35-year-old man went on a shooting rampage; one of the dead was a police officer.

September 27, 2012—A 36-year-old man who had just been laid off from Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entered his former workplace and shot five people to death, and wounded three others before killing himself.

October 21, 2012—45-year-old Radcliffe Frankin Haughton shot three women to death, including his wife, Zina Haughton, and injured four others at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

December 11, 2012—A 22-year-old began shooting at random at a mall near Portland, Oregon, killing two people and then himself.

December 14, 2012—One man, and possibly more, murders a reported twenty-six people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, including twenty children, before killing himself.

plus all the killers were innocent psycho they and not terrorist. bloody hypocrites

They love to give opinions but hate recieving them.

A case of 'one who often criticizes hates to be criticized'. The second Amendment is dated and is in desperate need of revising. Only the republican yahoos supports the notion that only guns will make you safe. At this rate you will only be safe if you go out with a military grade assault rifle. Leaving them at home simply won't do.

Save your excuses for the victim's friends and families. Even your government thinks it's time to put a stop to the heinous gun abuse.
The following happened just this year alone:

lol, people who do not know how constitution and amendment work comment on US Internal Policy.

Gun crime is not only a problem in Gun Liberal Country. Even Gun controlled Country have it share of Gun violence.
Take Australia for an example, Australia have a very tight gun law. Yet, in the City of Sydney Alone. There are 100 Shooting in City of Syney for the year of 2011. 5 shooting a days with 20 minutes aparts.

Gun violence plagues Sydney's streets | thetelegraph.com.au

You cannot buy guns in Asutralia even if you are Citizens of Australia. Yet Gun crime rate in Australia are very serious if you count crime per capita. The problem is most gun crime in Australia are committed by people buying the gun illegally. Rather than people who buy guns legally from the Government licensing system.

I cannot agrue with you (As you know nothing about Gun Culture in either AUS or US). Guns is here to stay, No amount of Tragedy can change this facts. Anyone (Including Obama) could try, few of them succeed, none of them sticks

lol, people who do not know how constitution and amendment work comment on US Internal Policy.

Tell that to your president. If it is posted on an 'international forum' then you can expect opinions. You can go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich or you can share mine :lol:

Gun crime is not only a problem in Gun Liberal Country. Even Gun controlled Country have it share of Gun violence.
Take Australia for an example, Australia have a very tight gun law. Yet, in the City of Sydney Alone. There are shooting in City of Syney for the year of 2011. 5 shooting a days with 20 minutes aparts.

Gun violence plagues Sydney's streets | thetelegraph.com.au

You cannot buy guns in Asutralia even if you are Citizens of Australia. Yet Gun crime rate in Australia are very serious if you count crime per capita. The problem is most gun crime in Australia are committed by people buying the gun illegally. Rather than people who buy guns legally from the Government licensing system.

I cannot agrue with you (As you know nothing about Gun Culture in either AUS or US). Guns is here to stay, No amount of Tragedy can change this facts. Anyone (Including Obama) could try, few of them succeed, none of them sticks

Come back to us when you see a developed nation other than the US get this bad:

February 22, 2012—Five people were killed in at a Korean health spa in Norcross, Georgia, when a man got into an argument and opened fire inside the facility.

February 26, 2012—Multiple gunmen began firing into a nightclub crown in Jackson, Tennessee, killing one person and injuring 20 others.

February 27, 2012—Three students at Chardon High School in rural Ohio were killed when a classmate opened fire.

March 8, 2012—Two people were killed and seven wounded at a psychiatric hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when a gunman entered the hospital with two semiautomatic handguns and began firing.

March 31, 2012—A gunman opened fire on a crowd of mourners at a North Miami, Florida, funeral home, killing two people and injuring 12 others.

April 2, 2012—A 43-year-old former student at Oikos University in Oakland, California, walked into his former school and killed seven people, “execution-style.” Three people were wounded.

April 6, 2012—Two men went on a deadly shooting spree in Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting black men at random in an apparently racially motivated attack. Three men died and two were wounded.

May 29, 2012—A man in Seattle, Washington, opened fire in a coffee shop and killed five people and then himself.

July 9, 2012—At a soccer tournament in Wilmington, Delaware, three people were killed, including a 16-year-old player and the event organizer, when multiple gunmen began firing shots, apparently targeting the organizer.

July 20, 2012—James Holmes enters a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire with a semi-automatic weapon; twelve people are killed and fifty-eight are wounded.

August 5, 2012—A white supremacist and former Army veteran shot six people to death inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

August 14, 2012—Three people were killed at Texas A&M University when a 35-year-old man went on a shooting rampage; one of the dead was a police officer.

September 27, 2012—A 36-year-old man who had just been laid off from Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entered his former workplace and shot five people to death, and wounded three others before killing himself.

October 21, 2012—45-year-old Radcliffe Frankin Haughton shot three women to death, including his wife, Zina Haughton, and injured four others at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

December 11, 2012—A 22-year-old began shooting at random at a mall near Portland, Oregon, killing two people and then himself.

December 14, 2012—One man, and possibly more, murders a reported twenty-six people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, including twenty children, before killing himself.

Tell that to your president. If it is posted on an 'international forum' then you can expect opinions. You can go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich or you can share mine :lol:

Come back to us when you see a developed nation other than the US get this bad:

Lol Didn't i just say last year in the City of Sydney alone have 100 shooting?? And 5 shooting a day with 20 minutes apart? Sydney is a city with 4 millions resident. Australia is a developed Country. While the US are a country with 320 millions resident. If the number should be in par, then the US should have 8000 shooting a year. Now go find me 8000 shooting in US.

lol president can try, he did try, and president before him did again, but none success, the most they can get is an assault weapon ban which is fully reverted in 2006.

Again, come back Januray 3 here, we will talk.

Wouldnt be wrong if I say that Americans will be the reason for USAs demise.

For all the talk, it seems to me that the gun rights debate has long since been concluded in America for all practical purposes. The Second Amendment is not ever going to be repealed and there are literally hundreds of millions of firearms in private hands across the country. For better or for worse, the question had long since been settled. There are more weapons in the US then the Chinese,Indian and Russian militaries combined. Firearms are a part of American culture and it will never go away.

^^^LOL again at these two so called "Americans" think they're the only ones have the authorities to stick their noses in others businesses. They go bazooka if others just make a little suggestion.
I challenge you to find a single post from me about the story in China where the driver ran over that little girl. The truth is that forums like this are prime breeding grounds for anti-US rants, far less for rational discussions.

Lol Didn't i just say last year in the City of Sydney alone have 100 shooting?? And 5 shooting a day with 20 minutes apart? Sydney is a city with 4 millions resident. Australia is a developed Country. While the US are a country with 320 millions resident. If the number should be in par, then the US should have 8000 shooting a year. Now go find me 8000 shooting in US.
He is more concerned with his own ego and post than about rational discussions.

If it is posted on an 'international forum' then you can expect opinions.
A rational discussion? :lol:

I have yet to see a genuinely intelligent question or insightful comment about this event.

Anti US rants? There's not a single post of mine is anti US post. In fact I'm pro American people, the ones who are helpless against those who can easily get hold of guns if they do so wish. I want to raise the issue, as much as I can, that American populace does not need guns in possessions. American enforcement agencies are the best around the world and they're capable of protecting the people, and if not, they can always increase the budgets by hiring more personnel. No one should take the law unto his own hand.

There are always ways to take guns off the streets if people set their minds to it, and perhaps, now is the time for American people to make a start. God bless America people against those stubborn knuckleheads who are unwilling to change.

A rational discussion? :lol:

I have yet to see a genuinely intelligent question or insightful comment about this event.

Is it really possible to partake in a rational discussion on a topic like this? There will always be those who revel in the misery of others; but to whom this affects, I'd find it even harder to separate emotion from the facts. The death of so many innocent children is virtually impossible to comprehend. People invariably blame anything and everything to try and justify an act so heinous, that its impossible to accept as an act of a random and troubled person. Every time an event such as this takes place, large groups of American society will call for more gun control laws; whether they are needed or not, I wouldn't know. My understanding is limited to Canada and we are more than happy to live without guns; that same mindset may not apply to Americans.
The more emotion is involved in a subject, the less rational that discussion will be. Frankly, these events will only fuel the gun control movement; whether it is right or wrong, overlooks the pain of those who lost their kids...they are unlikely to see any reason in the value of guns in the household...at least at this time. In the end, the wider American belief in the value of guns will win out as rationality takes the place of pure emotion.
And to those who use these events to trumpet their belief in the decay of American ideals, it may be better to remain quiet, if only out of respect for the dead. I personally see no value in guns, but that maybe because having grown up in Karachi, Pakistan, I know the true cost they extract from society. But that is my opinion and not one that places me on a morally high pedestal relative to Americans and their gun culture.

Anti US rants? There's not a single post of mine is anti US post. In fact I'm pro American people, the ones who are helpless against those who can easily get hold of guns if they do so wish. I want to raise the issue, as much as I can, that American populace does not need guns in possessions. American enforcement agencies are the best around the world and they're capable of protecting the people, and if not, they can always increase the budgets by hiring more personnel. No one should take the law unto his own hand.

There are always ways to take guns off the streets if people set their minds to it, and perhaps, now is the time for American people to make a start. God bless America people against those stubborn knuckleheads who are unwilling to change.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/americ...-before-us-school-shooting-3.html#post3709558

Read it and learn something about US. Perhaps learn something on how to make an intelligent comment about a tragedy that does not make you look like an ignorant fool.

Typical American behavior....

Here is what a genuinely intelligent comment should look like compared to SinusChallenged, which does not stray very far from the other Chinese members here...

What is a 'constitution' (lower case)? It is essentially a document that set the political tone of a country and that it has philosophical and legal supremacy over the land. Any proposal to be a law can come from anyone but it has to be held against this document to see if the proposal is 'constitutional', in other words, does this proposal go against that philosophical tone. If it does not, then that document will exercise its legal supremacy and strike down that proposal via examinations, debates, and finally judgments. There is no time limit in that process.

The US Constitution (upper case) is unique to the US. Same for the Chinese Constitution (upper case) which was uniquely written for China.

CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

The Second Amendment in the US Constitution...

Second Amendment | U.S. Constitution | LII / Legal Information Institute
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Did not came after the establishment of the US Constitution but was installed at the founding of that document. That mean the right to keep weapons (arms) by individuals is the philosophical and legal supremacy over the land. Any proposal to forbid the exercise of this right or even to control it must be held against this document. This issue was so important that it came after the First Amendment...

First Amendment | U.S. Constitution | LII / Legal Information Institute
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The first thing the American Founders did in setting a philosophical supremacy over the land was to forbid the government from controlling speech and the freedom of expression. The First Amendment is a political statement.

The second thing they did was to enable the citizenry to defend the first in the event of a despotic and oppressive government via accessibility to weapons. The Second Amendment is also a political statement.

The right to self defense is already a given right. It is so natural of an understanding that no government can override this common sense. No government can ban anyone from defending himself against personal intrusions. So if there is a supremely endowed right to weapons then it is only inevitable that we would use weapons to defend ourselves. But unfortunately, that same supremely endowed right to weapons also gave the people the flexibility to use them for non political purposes such as armed robbery and senseless murders. That is a price we have to pay for that supremely endowed right. Nothing is free.

So in order to ban guns in America, the Second Amendment would have to be abolished via popular vote. Americans do not look at guns as being 'macho' but more as political statements and this is where non-Americans who have not lived in the US do not understand and have a gross misconception about the US Constitution regarding the Second Amendment.

i see gun ownership more as a PRIVILEGE but not a "right" (kind of like driving privilege, for example)

take away this "right" from Americans, there will be a civil war. On a broad level, Americans and Pakistanis have at least one thing in common. They love their guns and wont get rid of them any time soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom