What's new

Concept of Ethnicity in Islam

AryanWolve

BANNED
Reaction score
Im inspired to start discussion because of this post Middle Eastern Christians and Jews

In Short an Arab Christian [Catholic/Maronite] says he feels brotherhood with muslims arabs based on arabic and semitic nationalism.

---

Now i said
I think the whole "arab brotherhood" works when the muslims are secular and nationalist but if they are islamic extremists they will care more for the muslims in bosnia,albania and nigeria than for an arab christian. Pitty to say but Islamics dont care for nationality,race, ethnicity. You cant make brotherhood with them based on ethnicity.I watched a documentary about the guy in Iraq, the Islamist Leader and he said when he comes to power everyone in Iraq also Christians will need to pray 5 times a day to Allah. So no Arab Brotherhood and Tolerance for Christians.

---

I want to add, Islam knows only 2 Ethnicities "Muslims" and "Kuffirs". They feel all belonging to one Nation no matter their physical appearance, language, culture etc. They feel belonging to the Islamic Ummah or Islamic Nation.

--

How correct is this?

In which perspective you are asking? Islam and Today's Muslims are altogether different

I mean from the persepctive of extremist islam. Like Salafists, Wahabbists, Muslim Brotherhood, Bin Laden etc.
Not from secular muslim perspective.

I mean from the persepctive of extremist islam. Like Salafists, Wahabbists, Muslim Brotherhood, Bin Laden etc.

You are again confusing Islam with today's Muslims, i wish that we can follow extreme Islam because Islam teaches to be extremist in Goodness, justice, People's rights, compassion, forgiveness, worship of God etc.

You are right if you are taking about today's so called Muslim - there are some extremist Mullah's who have and misguiding Muslims. And the brotherhood you are talking in Muslim exist only on mars not in this world.

No black is superior to a white... no white is superior to a black.... no non arab is superior to an arab........ no arab is superior to a non arab......... Hazarat Mohammad SAW....

To islam everybody is equal irrespective of their race or ethnicity.

I want to add, Islam knows only 2 Ethnicities "Muslims" and "Kuffirs". ...
What's "Kuffirs"? Are we on an agricultural forum?

I think you are suffering from the case of a hairdresser talking about heart surgery, totally out of his league.

...I watched a documentary about the guy in Iraq, the Islamist Leader and he said when he comes to power everyone in Iraq also Christians will need to pray 5 times a day to Allah. So no Arab Brotherhood and Tolerance for Christians.
What's an Islamist?

What makes you think that leader speak for Muslims? Do you understand that apart from a FEW core concepts, most of the fiqh is very open, which means that almost nobody can now get up and say "I declare that this is absolutley thus in Islam" and therefore represent the all of us.

The concept called "tolerance" Europe learnt from Muslims ["Treatise of Toleration" John Locke via Edward Pocoke through the study of the Ottoman system of tolerance], I wouldn't try to teach it back to them!

Let me try to tell you about ethnicity and race in Islamic or truly divinely revealed teaching: God made us into different nations so we could recognize each other: "Hey this is AW the Malabaari.".

There is no concept of ethnicity whatsoever in any form of Islam.

There is no such thing as Arab ethnicity. Arabs themselves are a mixture of many many cultures and ethnic identities.

you need to spend some time on google before you open a thread.

today most of the muslims do not follow islam completely... Most of them are influenced by western culture..... They are taught '' nationalism is sacred ''. Yes nationalism is Forbidden in Islam. But most of the muslim oppose this now and supports nationalism as they are taught nationalism is sacred .... And islam has no double standard. What is extremist muslim and secular muslim????? Rules are rules...

Do you realize you're just sounding silly. Islam cannot be extreme (although somebody's personal diin might be), it linguistically ceases to be Islam if it is extreme.

aryan...good post and you understood it well..
yes in Islam there are two nations.there are muslims and there are non muslims and thats it....

ethnicity as in volor of skin..cast creed are allowed...but for identificatiom purposes only..its considered bad practice to be proud or be ashamed of ones race and its totally forbidden to treat somebody badly solely due to their colour of skin and cast creed...
One of the most praised companions of Holy Prophet (pbuh) was an african slave Bilal -e-habashee.

There is no such thing as Arab ethnicity. Arabs themselves are a mixture of many many cultures and ethnic identities.
Arabs are Arabic-speakers. They fall into the third category of Arabs. The first is actually the real Arabs, the tribe of jurham that came and settled around Hazrat ismaa3iil and his mum. The racial Arabs are in the Arabian peninsula, not in the Arab world. wAllaahua3lam.

I want to add, Islam knows only 2 Ethnicities "Muslims" and "Kuffirs".

Maybe you should read the koran and the get the facts firsthand and then ask questions?
PS...the koran mentions jews,christians,sabians ect by name,so going of that logic who do think its calling kuffir?

You are again confusing Islam with today's Muslims, i wish that we can follow extreme Islam because Islam teaches to be extremist in Goodness, justice, People's rights, compassion, forgiveness, worship of God etc.

You are right if you are taking about today's so called Muslim - there are some extremist Mullah's who have and misguiding Muslims. And the brotherhood you are talking in Muslim exist only on mars not in this world.

There are muslims on mars ?

Im also interested to hear if a muslim can be even loyal to a country and nation where majority is non-muslim and/or the state is not islamic??? I mean when they know only two nations "Muslim/Infidel" how can they be loyal to india or america/europe etc. ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom