What's new

COAS views Exercises of II Corps

Raja Porus

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Armoured, Artillery, Infantry,Engineers, Air defence, S&T all synchronised as a single fighting force.
Notable things:
- M113s with cage armour
-M113s with TOW missile (M90ITV)
-AD cover to bridge with Sky Guard and Orelikon.
- New bridging eqt, AM50 (source@farooqbhai007 ).
-Mine trawl.
-T80UD and Dozers being transported under camo nets.

Last edited:
Armoured, Artillery, Infantry,Engineers, Air defence, S&T all synchronised as a single fighting force.
Notable things:
- M113s with cage armour
-Mine trawl.
Am I missing something .... ???

as far as I know Quetta was the HQ of southern command.

Notable things:
- M113s with cage armour
-Mine trawl.
M109A5s
Those UDs are overhauled as well. Thermal sights, INTERMAT coatings, New engines, FCS and auto-loader rebuilds etc.

Am I missing something .... ???

as far as I know Quetta was the HQ of southern command.
Yep 12 Corps commander is usually the commander southern comand.
Thermal sights, INTERMAT coatings, New engines, FCS and auto-loader rebuilds etc.
Wasn't that contract of approx 85million given recently?

Last edited:
Notable things:
- M113s with cage armour
-Mine trawl.

M-113 with Manpad !

@Desert Fox 1 , @Foxtrot Alpha @iLION12345_1 gentlemen do you think these armoured corps level exercises being witness by COAS are happening too often?

Seems every few months theres a new video.. We used to get a max of 1 or 2 a year previously..? Thanks.
Perhaps the ISPR is getting more active otherwise these are part of annual winter exercises that every Corps conducts, nothing new. Apart from X Corps there are 6 corps on the eastern front so that's why it may seem a bit busy.

In this video M113s are equipped with TOW Atgm not MANPAD, though that is common too.
Manpad mein Freund !

manpad.PNG

AM-70EX 70ton Bridge layer was also shown for first time , similar to how PA showed the GQL-111 50ton bridge layer in a exercise last year , the new 70ton system is likely for use with the VT4s which currently cant use the 50ton bridge layers to due to weight limit
1635521873381.png

AM-70EX 70ton Bridge layer was also shown for first time , similar to how PA showed the GQL-111 50ton bridge layer in a exercise last year , the new 70ton system is likely for use with the VT4s which currently cant use the 50ton bridge layers to due to weight limit
View attachment 788649
Hmm. But why with 1st armd div? They don't operate VT4s, perhaps for field testing/training after induction.
I thought you were talking about the M90ITV.
Seems to be Anza.

Yep 12 Corps commander is usually the commander southern comand.

Wasn't that contract of approx 85million given recently?
That was I believe the 3rd or 4th such contract. Over 2/3rds of the fleet should be done, the rest underway.
PAs UDs are being overhauled in batches, the program started years ago, Ukraine has slow delivery times, that’s why they sign small contracts for batches every couple of years (with one big contract taking place a few years back that covered nearly half the fleet).

HIT has indigenized FCS and auto-loader parts of UD to make overhaul and maintenance cheaper and easier, they kind of had to with how slow Ukraine can be.
@Desert Fox 1 , @Foxtrot Alpha @iLION12345_1 gentlemen do you think these armoured corps level exercises being witness by COAS are happening too often?

Seems every few months theres a new video.. We used to get a max of 1 or 2 a year previously..? Thanks.
Just ISPR getting active, the rate of exercises has only slightly gone up, if at all.
Hmm. But why with 1st armd div? They don't operate VT4s, perhaps for field testing/training after induction.

I thought you were talking about the M90ITV.
Seems to be Anza.
VT-4s induction is but one of the reasons they would have bought this system, other Divs will get them too. They have other advantages than just increased weight limits as they are newer. It’s just an overall modernization step.

Back
Top Bottom