What's new

COAS attends Al Khalid-1 handing over ceromony as CG at HIT - ISPR

Abrams and Leopard 1000mm against APFSDS on front.
Around 1600mm against HEAT.
With newer armor for Abrams it can go up to 1700mm.
With Khalid
Turrent offers protection between 500 to 700
With newer Lightweight ERA developed that offer goes up for different rounds from 400 to 600
Some other issue faced by al Khalid as well.
Worth a listen

Abrams never had ERA.

After disastrous performance in middle east they have now added in Era and trophy
T90 with era performance was much better.
I m sure alkhalid can have add on active protection from china or turkey once a reasonable solution is available

bro keep believing the idiotic video which is based on basic internet searches .... this video is debunked so many time on this forum that now the most of the members would not even bother to respond the idiocy and ill-informed analysis in this video .... I will ask you to at least search the forum about the subject your trying to debate .....
I wrote overall agreed number for ERA and front turret protection on Khalid while in Video these were stated much lower as, in video he has hinted few issues which are atleast worth checking e.g APS while most of Video is based on Al khalid.
Regards to Internet search , yes majority of stuff on youtube and web is junk, but not all.
B
Not much valid or updated info can be found for chinese or Pakistani systems on net so it causes confusion for people

Abrams never had ERA.

After disastrous performance in middle east they have now added in Era and trophy
T90 with era performance was much better.
I m sure alkhalid can have add on active protection from china or turkey once a reasonable solution is available
Russia designe has depended alot on ERA ifs pros and cons are not worth going into
Abrams uses TUSK.
Alkhalid already has APS called Varta and i think HIT are working on newer system

With Khalid
With newer Lightweight ERA developed that offer goes up for different rounds from 400 to 600
Worth a listen
Oh God, if you had to get info from this video and show this to me then i have nothing else to say.

With Khalid
Worth a listen
These are opinions not facts.
Every YouTuber does that.

Oh God, if you had to get info from this video and show this to me then i have nothing else to say.
As stated in my other post, he went too hard simply as much of are re-work of Ukrainian system or chinese system.
I rated it bit higher and sticked the number which are mostly agreed by everyone

I wrote overall agreed number for ERA and front turret protection on Khalid while in Video these were stated much lower as, in video he has hinted few issues which are atleast worth checking e.g APS while most of Video is based on Al khalid.
Regards to Internet search , yes majority of stuff on youtube and web is junk, but not all.
B
Not much valid or updated info can be found for chinese or Pakistani systems on net so it causes confusion for people
As stated in my other post, he went too hard simply as much of are re-work of Ukrainian system or chinese system.
I rated it bit higher and sticked the number which are mostly agreed by everyone

While I myself have been a critic of the AK and agree that it has major shortcomings in some areas as compared to modern western tanks, There’s still things it lacks such as modern Ammo, a good APS etc, and I agree to that.
But you have to remember that it serves an entirely different role. It’s much lighter, how do you expect the same armor figures? It’s much smaller. It’s made for Pakistan’s needs and it suits them well. Every country makes takes according to its needs, that’s why there’s no “better” or “worst” tank. Russian tanks are made according to their doctrine and Americans tanks according to theirs. Each does something better than the other and with the resources at our disposal and keeping in mind our doctrine, the AK is very very potent.

As for Redeffects video, I know redeffect, I’m a member of his discord server and I personally talked to him after he uploaded that video, all the statistics he quoted were “the best guess/source” he could find on the internet and all of it is for the original AK, like the missing ERA and CITV, things that have since been added. And AK has a LWR, he says it doesn’t in the video because he couldn’t find a source to it.

After I showed him my own pictures of the tank and gave him some of my sources, he agreed that it is a better tank than what he said in the video, and he’s not to blame for that, there’s barely any sources for the AK available online and the ones that are available are from the 90s and 2000s. So he just went off those. It’s not right to use his video has an example to bash the AK.

While I myself have been a critic of the AK and agree that it has major shortcomings in some areas as compared to modern western tanks, There’s still things it lacks such as modern Ammo, a good APS etc, and I agree to that.
But you have to remember that it serves an entirely different role. It’s much lighter, how do you expect the same armor figures? It’s much smaller. It’s made for Pakistan’s needs and it suits them well. Every country makes takes according to its needs, that’s why there’s no “better” or “worst” tank. Russian tanks are made according to their doctrine and Americans tanks according to theirs. Each does something better than the other and with the resources at our disposal and keeping in mind our doctrine, the AK is very very potent.

As for Redeffects video, I know redeffect, I’m a member of his discord server and I personally talked to him after he uploaded that video, all the statistics he quoted were “the best guess/source” he could find on the internet and all of it is for the original AK, like the missing ERA and CITV, things that have since been added. And AK has a LWR, he says it doesn’t in the video because he couldn’t find a source to it.

After I showed him my own pictures of the tank and gave him some of my sources, he agreed that it is a better tank than what he said in the video, and he’s not to blame for that, there’s barely any sources for the AK available online and the ones that are available are from the 90s and 2000s. So he just went off those. It’s not right to use his video has an example to bash the AK.
Red effect isnt my source i rate much higher than what he wrote about Tank as its mostly 1st version of Alkhalid which has seen many changes with its systems.
And have already said that multiple times that
Al Khalid is not designed for head to head with MBT of Western origin, but current indian fleet
so for its role, it's a capable tank
But the problem is few changes can improve and the survivability of these tanks by a lot.
As far as we know Al Khalid has 3 Blocks.
Al Khalid, 1 & 2 ( so-called under development version ) and the project started in the 90s
so its 3 Decades of work but no much progress has been done in regards to improving Turret or Hull protection, compare that with any MBT.
The biggest reason for Al Khalid gets over locked is its system,Al-Khalid is not cheaper either so something is missing does it have all the features for MBT yes but are these top of the line no? it's not just adding numbers, a better system can get more customers which will keep the production line running, which will make it cheaper you will keep your local industry busy which can make more modern systems for your tank.
Majority of systems on Al-Khalid or based on Ukraine's 90s Systems

Tank Guns matter a lot. the M48 Patton albeit technologically superior to the Centurion Mk7, was more susceptible to be disabled by a 20 pdr HEAT round, when compared to it's 90mm gun versus the British tank. Hence our Pattons frequently got shot up.

send it to tank biathlon in russia and we can get an idea where it stands. it wont be impressive i am sure of that.

Russia designe has depended alot on ERA ifs pros and cons are not worth going into
Abrams uses TUSK.
Alkhalid already has APS called Varta and i think HIT are working on newer system
Soft kill system which was originally used on T80UD as per net information but not officially mentioned to be used in case of AK. The first hard kill APS of Pakistan shall be perhaps with VT-4.

Back
Top Bottom