What's new

Classic Pakistan Air Force Documentary

A good documentary. Boys back then looked so relaxed and chilled out. The new generation seems more savy

Do you ever get the feeling that the older generation of Pakistanis, especially those from the 1950s-1980s had an impeccable command of the English language and perhaps, were even more professional?

Can you imagine the current crop of Pakistanis initiating something like the nuclear program today? It seems to me that Pakistanis have progressively became regressive, paranoid and uncritical.
Every time I look at old media of Pakistan i feel this way, the leaders genuinely seemed to be more educated, have more wisdom, know what they're talking about. And definitely a stronger command on English.

Likely back then there was a much stronger sense of meritocracy and not the nepotism rampant pay your money way in which we have today. I also think in terms of education quality, stem, we have neglected it a lot. intelligent people died out or immigrated, and only those who could buy their way to the top represent us.

Keep in mind that this documentary and another similar one the year after (Vigil in the Sky) was made during ACM Shamim's period. I know he is reviled for being corrupt and all but there was some very good work done during his period particularly early on in his tenure. Then yes towards the end after the 3rd extension, he got lazy and that is also when corruption allegations started (which by the way never got proven...he never got convicted!...AM Waqar Azim who was the MD PIA during teh same period and who also happened to be Shamim's coursemate got 2 years of jail but i am not sure that even a case started against Shamim.

BTW does anyone have access to "Vigil in the Sky" which was equally good and was made one year after this one. All these documentaries were made in the pre-F16 era. Not sure why we didnt have these after F16s were acquired. Maybe goes back to my earlier point in the earlier post that Shamim kept getting extensions and eventually got lazy and did not push his team to create such world class documentaries

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom