What's new

Chittagong vs Kolkata

also i think dhaka has overtaken kolkata and chittagong will soon overtake kolkata if anti industry government continues to rule west bengal .

dude seriously ? did you watch the videos yourself ? those chittagong roads were way more shittier looking that the bangalore roads . So much more congested , with rickshaws and other stuff. Most areas of dhaka are shittier than the areas shown in that bangalore video .
Only the rickshaw jam make Dhaka or Chittagong appear worse than Bangaluru. Remove rickshaw from the street of Dhaka or Chittagong it will look as good as Bangaluru. See the condition of road, roadside house and other buildings in Bangaluru. No better than the mentioned 2 cities in BD. Driving only a small part of a city can give a distorted picture of the city. What, if I post 2 videos of driving on road, one through the Delhi slum and another through the Dhaka posh areas? Will it be any justice to Delhi? The 551 no. post was much like that.

That's why I prefer drone video. It give a better and bigger picture of any city's economic condition.

Last edited:
Some of these Sanghi idiots have new laptops because of their call center jobs (bobs and vagine crowd) and start this d*ck measuring habit right-away. They have little clue about the rest of the world but feel that a few new roads and buildings are cause to start thumping chests.
lol delusional much ? look who started the di*k measuring contest , just scroll up ! this thread was inactive since 2015 !

Only the rickshaw jam make Dhaka or Chittagong appear worse than Bangaluru. Remove rickshaw from the street of Dhaka or Chittagong it will look as good as Bangaluru. See the condition of road, roadside house and other buildings in Bangaluru. No better than the mentioned 2 cities in BD. Driving only a small part of a city can give a distorted picture of the city. What if I post 2 video of driving on road, one through the Delhi slum and another through the Dhaka posh areas? Will it be any justice to Delhi? The 551 no. post was much like that.

That's why I prefer drone video. It give a better and bigger picture of any city's economic condition.

what ? that doesn't make sense , it's like saying remove slums from mumbai and then it will have no slums !

and bangalore has a traffic problem too , but it is developing metro , by 2021 it should have close to 100 kms of metro lines operational

lol delusional much ? look who started the di*k measuring contest , just scroll up ! this thread was inactive since 2015 !

what ? that doesn't make sense , it's like saying remove slums from mumbai and then it will have no slums !

and bangalore has a traffic problem too , but it is developing metro , by 2021 it should have close to 100 kms of metro lines operational

You are veering off the topic Dada, it was Calcutta we were talking about.

The second capital area in Dhaka was designed sixty years ago and looks as planned as this

:lol: More Billu delusions and butt-hurt...

And what is the name of that planned area ?

And if Dhaka is full of such planned areas, then why did you score the lowest score in infrastructure among 10 least liveable cities...

And why the hell is your average speed even more pathetic 6.4 kph, with all your planning ?

Last edited:
And here comes classic Billu style BS...

Well Bengaluru is 'great and rich' to them now because there wasn't anything worth sh*t there a few years ago. What they have there now is beyond their wildest dreams, courtesy of back office and call center jobs. No wonder they're so excited. :lol:

Some of these Sanghi idiots have new laptops because of their call center jobs (bobs and vagine crowd) and start this d*ck measuring habit right-away. They have little clue about the rest of the world but feel that a few new roads and buildings are cause to start thumping chests.

And here we have Billu pooh-poohing the rapid development of Bangalore and many others such as Hyderabad, Pune and more...:disagree:

Meanwhile the swamp people from the basket case LDC can't even fix their damn capital...:lol: and it was ranked among the world's least livable ones...so much for your criticism of India...

Oh, so the IT sector is too 'meh' for the people who stitch clothes at 20 cents an hour in a sweatshop which might collapse anytime on their heads...?? :lol: That's quite a revelation.

Bangladeshi Sweatshops Continue to Imperil Workers’ Lives

But I'm sure that the Bangladeshi sweatshop work is way more hi-tech & technology intensive than Indian IT and all...

Deriding India's IT sector as as 'call center work', when the entire BPM sector has a share just 22% of India's $154 billion IT-BPM sector is expected from a liar like you.

Now if I must ask, where the billions of dollars worth BD IT export you promised something back ?

Here is your own newspapers complaining about Indians being employed in your country due to the lack of skills among your graduates...

Bangladeshis generally do menial jobs in India and contribute to the economy through hard work in exchange for meagre wages, whereas most Indians are gainfully employed in attractive jobs in Bangladesh, earning handsomely and remitting millions of dollars to India.

Look who is talking about chest-thumping, the people who boast about exporting a garments on LDC quota...and $59K worth Walton motorcycles & a compressor...:rofl:

And Damen designed tugboats, low rise condos, a few coasters, 2 CKD BMTF assembled trucks a day, a 20 km metro rail...heck, even Biman...!!!

Is Bangladesh still ahead of India in smart-manufacturing by three decades? Or has BD increased it's lead to four ? :lol:

Well I would agree with you on something- notwithstanding the large Indian immigrant population (legal that is) Bangladeshis sure know how the world looks like, . For example, look at these boat people- I'm sure that these folks sure know how the world look like !!

Where are Europe’s illegal migrants coming from? Surprise: It’s Bangladesh.

But I must disagree on one thing- everyone including Indians know how the capital of your LDC swamp looks like when it was ranked as world's least livable 'dump' (calling it a city would be inappropriate)

Now go whine about how 'evil Bharotis' shoot your women who went pole-vaulting to India & hung their bodies from fences...:lol:

Felani killing: Justice denied, border killings continue

Last edited:
I will show you the latest 2017 video of your 'great and rich' Bangaluru city(which you consider in a different league than ''one of the poorest'' Kolkata according to you). It's a bike ride and fairly covered a large segment of the city

This was the best you could find ? :lol:

It looks like KR puram, in the outskirts of Bengaluru.

And even then as soon as he gets off the bylanes (second half of vid), the road infra/traffic is decent, quite good compared to Dhaka standards. :lol:

This was the best you could find ? :lol:

It looks like KR puram, in the outskirts of Bengaluru.

And even then as soon as he gets off the bylanes (second half of vid), the road infra/traffic is decent, quite good compared to Dhaka standards. :lol:

Dude is there any point to this?

India is a little ahead in infrastructure since it had a 24 year head start in independence, and did not suffer a 9 month civil war in 1971 where it emerged as an independent country with zero foreign reserves.

India - Start of development is 1947
BD - Start of development is 1971

GDP growth

India:

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/v2...ia-GDP-growth-likely-at-65-in-201718-CSO.html

2016/2017 - 7.1%
2017/2018 - 6.5%(estimated)

BD:
2016/2017 - 7.3%
2017/2018 - 7%+(estimated)

Now BD is outgrowing India with far worse infrastructure currently. This will be remedied on the whole by the early 2020s when big-projects like Padma Bridge, Padma Bridge Railway, Payra Coal Power Plant, Roopur Nuclear Power Plant and Martarbari Coal Power Plant come online. This will push growth into 8-9% rate for the 2020s on average.

As I already have given details, 40 billion US dollars will be spent just upgrading the transport infrastructure in and around Dhaka between 2016-2035. A massive tunnel boring machine has just been produced in China to export to BD, in order to allow a 3.4km tunnel to be built in Chittagong to allow direct connection from the Dhaka-Chittagong Highway to the road from Chittagong-Cox's Bazaar.

Sorry but a multi-ethnic country like India cannot compete with a unitary state like BD, that does not have to spend so much energy just trying to keep itself from disintegrating all the time due to it's unnatural makeup.

Last edited:
Sorry but a multi-ethnic country like India cannot compete with a unitary state like BD, that does not have to spend so much energy just trying to keep itself from disintegrating all the time due to it's unnatural makeup.

Nilgiri have countered this BS of yours multiple times and I am not interested in answering your BS...Just know that there are several multi ethnic states which do way better than LDC BD.

The multi-ethnic state never had a 9 month long civil wars + multiple coups. Ah, the irony...:lol:

Nilgiri have countered this BS of yours multiple times and I am not interested in answering your BS...Just know that there are several multi ethnic states which do way better than LDC BD.

The multi-ethnic state never had a 9 month long civil wars + multiple coups. Ah, the irony...:lol:

Forget Nilgiri as he keeps getting banned.
This forum does not place any value on his opinions.

PS - Name these multi-ethnic states?
I define a multi-ethnic state being one that does NOT have one ethnicity that is more than 50% of the population. So Malyasia does not count as it has 60% Malays but Indonesia does as it has only around 40% of the most populous ethnicity. We all know Malaysia is more successful than Indonesia.

Last edited:
India is a little ahead in infrastructure

Sure, a little ahead. Now since you are so much interested in power plants, try comparing the installed capacities in both countries.

2016/2017 - 7.1%
2017/2018 - 6.5%(estimated)

BD:
2016/2017 - 7.3%
2017/2018 - 7%+(estimated)

NEW DELHI: India’s economy is expected to grow 7.3% in the next financial year and accelerate to 7.5% in 2019-20, bottoming out from the impact of demonetisation and GST, the World Bank said even as it highlighted private investments and exports as the two lagging engines of growth. In its biannual publication, India Development Update, the World Bank said it expected Indian economy to clock a growth rate of 6.7% in the current financial year

https://m.economictimes.com/news/ec...gdp-growth-at-7-3-pc/articleshow/63300359.cms

And don't forget that Indian GDP per capital (PPP) is nearly double of yours...

Forget Nilgiri as he keeps getting banned.
This forum does not place any value on his opinions.

Because you still can't counter him ? I did saw your reactions when he exposed the inability of your country in diversifying industry...:lol:

This will be remedied on the whole by the early 2020s

Of course all this 'wills' & 'would's aren't supported by any independent analysis, is it ?

And not to talk about from the graduation from LDC which essentially means loss of export quotas.

Sorry but a multi-ethnic country like India cannot compete

Sure, the present situation of both countries proves just that !!!

I define a multi-ethnic state being one that does NOT have one ethnicity that is more than 50% of the population

You can come up with any definition as you wish.

Sure, a little ahead. Now since you are so much interested in power plants, try comparing the installed capacities in both countries.

Let us wait till mid 2020s as the bulk of the current phase of infrastructure will be online by then. My real point is that BD's poor infrastructure right now is hampering economic growth but this is not the case in India.
The "infrastructure-gap" between BD and India will reduce massively by the middle of the next decade.

NEW DELHI: India’s economy is expected to grow 7.3% in the next financial year and accelerate to 7.5% in 2019-20, bottoming out from the impact of demonetisation and GST, the World Bank said even as it highlighted private investments and exports as the two lagging engines of growth. In its biannual publication, India Development Update, the World Bank said it expected Indian economy to clock a growth rate of 6.7% in the current financial year

https://m.economictimes.com/news/ec...gdp-growth-at-7-3-pc/articleshow/63300359.cms

And don't forget that Indian GDP per capital (PPP) is nearly double of yours...

Fair enough but 7% a year is the limit of Indian growth. BD growth will only accelerate to 8-9% a year average in the 2020s

Because you still can't counter him ? I did saw your reactions when he exposed the inability of your country in diversifying industry...:lol:

He may be worth listening to if he did not keep getting banned all the time.
No-one sane takes someone who gets banned constantly seriously.

Of course all this 'wills' & 'would's aren't supported by any independent analysis, is it ?

These infrastructure projects are currently being built and will all be completed in 5-6 years at most. Padma Bridge will come online this year and Payra Coal power plant next year. Will have to wait a little longer for the others.

My real point is that BD's poor infrastructure right now is hampering economic growth but this is not the case in India.
The "infrastructure-gap" between BD and India will reduce massively by the middle of the next decade

India is building infrastructure at a must faster rate than Bangladesh & the gap will only increase.

And India is addressing inefficiencies in it's infrastructure with projects such as the road building program Bharatmala & dedicated freight corridor.

Fair enough but 7% a year is the limit of Indian growth

IMF & WB thinks otherwise...

BD growth will only accelerate to 8-9% a year average in the 2020s

Again, it's your 'analysis' (if one can call it that)

He may be worth listening to if he did not keep getting banned all the time.
No-one sane takes someone who gets banned constantly seriously.

Again we all know how your compatriots behave here & then cry victim.

People who live in their own fantasies might be 'offended' by what he says...

BTW it looks like World Bank just called out BBS lies...

According to the international financial institution, the GDP growth of Bangladesh came down to 6.4% in 2017, compared to the 7.2% achieved in the previous fiscal year. However, the economic growth is currently stable and moving forward at a steady pace.

Commenting on the matter, Director of World Bank Group’s Development Prospect, Ayhan Kos told the correspondent: “The GDP growth will hit 6.7% in the fiscal years of 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-2021.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/busines...-bank-term-economic-sector-bangladesh-stable/

Last edited:
:lol::lol:.

Just recently a prominent south Indian politician said, he will support the independence of Dravida Nadu.One by one, south Indian are waking up to the realities of how they are getting a bad bargain in a multi ethnic hodgepodge named India.I think this is going to be a big headache for India in coming decades.

Last edited:
Is this really Chittagong stock exchange ?? :rofl: :rofl:

Chittagong+Stock+Exchange-2.jpg

Chittagong_Stock_Exchange_Limited_%2801%29.jpg

An old 'gem' which I missed... Not to forget that legendary 'motor vehicles registered in India comment'...

And no I don't think Kolkata would have more such cars because Chittagong is home to some of the oldest and largest conglomerates in Bangladesh and in some cases, entire South Asia

:rofl::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom