What's new

Chinese Small Arms: Pictures, Videos, and Descriptions

Well it is not a d!ck contest, I just find it is interesting, of cause the gun is very immature at the moment, just from the video you can see it is likely that the gun being less powerful than a typical rifle.

I just find its interesting that PLA would test this and maybe some more mature designs will come out in the future, e.g. the real Gauss rifle lol.

One benefit of a rail gun rifle is it produce much less light/noise than current rifle, so maybe for future snipers?

This is animated.

It is not, stop this nonsense.

Besides, low power rail gun is by no means high-tech since even stone-age countries like India can produce some in their stone age lab, so there is nothing to show off, you can be quiet

It is the high power electromagnet system like cannon/electromagnet launched rockets/EMAL that are considered high-tech.

Showing very old prototypes. Gauss gun is a subtype of railgun with different advantages and disadvantages. This could just be a small electromagnetic gun similar in only principle to railgun we saw tested on 936 vessel. Important point is really about barrel life. No real advantages for using railgun for replacing rifles or machine guns or even snipers. However the demonstration in this video is showing power storage technology already developed and finding many applications in Chinese cars since years.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14753-can-nanoscopic-meadows-drive-electric-cars-forward/

Beijing University had breakthroughs on power storage technologies since 2000s and the details involved with electric car batteries too.

https://neurophilosophy.wordpress.com/2006/09/06/the-nanoflower-breathalyzer/

All these have big applications in battery technology. Look at academic research and new technologies in this field and while taking many years to reach commercial level, this stuff is all old. Allowing for smaller hand held railgun in future but really too expensive and not much advantage. For ground and ship cannons this is something else.

Things are much calmer between US and China than they were two weeks ago. It seems Trump is having an extreme resistance from Zionist lobby. Trump needs China this time more than ever.
If another U.S. warship sails through SCS, then things are not calm are they?

US warships can sail through waters, there is no drama about it. A huge amount of shipping goes through the straits from a very large number of countries.

US warships can sail through waters, there is no drama about it. A huge amount of shipping goes through the straits from a very large number of countries.
China makes a drama about it.

If another U.S. warship sails through SCS, then things are not calm are they?

Yes, but I reckon it won't happen since things are going in a different directions for both Trump and China, in this specific case, China will has won over US for an obvious reasons.

This isn't anything new. People have been building coil guns for years.
http://www.deltaveng.com/gauss-machine-gun/

Yes, I have seen US testing Coil guns before, however I haven't seen Chinese one before, this is the first time I have encountered such a thing that comes out of a Chinese PLA if I am correct.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom