What's new

1971 War - The Indian Navy Attacks Karachi I Operations Room

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Video Description:
In the first hours of the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971, the Indian Navy Western Fleet sets sail from Bombay en route to Karachi to destroy the oil storage depots so vital to Pakistan's war effort. In their way stands the Pakistan Navy and Air Force.

We didn't have a counter for the Styx armed OSA missile boats that wrecked PN. Once PAF conduct nightime raids on Okha harbor - The gunboat base, that threat died down considerably. But a failure on our part not to counter it.
Similarly in '65, PN kept the IN fleet esp the AC in the harbor with just the threat of having a submarine in the area. IN had not fielded a submarine till then and had not honed anti sub tactics.

I was going to watch this video, until I went into the comment section. I just clicked off after seeing the amount of propaganda in the comments

We didn't have a counter for the Styx armed OSA missile boats that wrecked PN. Once PAF conduct nightime raids on Okha harbor - The gunboat base, that threat died down considerably. But a failure on our part not to counter it.
Similarly in '65, PN kept the IN fleet esp the AC in the harbor with just the threat of having a submarine in the area. IN had not fielded a submarine till then and had not honed anti sub tactics.
No it did not.

All 9 missile boats had left their docks before the war began.
A second even more devastating raid was conducted on Dec 9th, Operation Python.
A third raid was planned but was called off after sinking of INS Khukri and subsequent fleet wide effort to hunt Hangor.

India has overwhelming superiority over Pakistan at sea in all three dimensions - surface, under the sea and in the air

nope..

in the west where ratio wasn't that insane an active and efficient PAF prevented any major disaster

71 was strategically as well as tactically proper clinical, won the propaganda victory even.. Pak is yet to recover (get its own back since)

seethe, bixches.. hahaha :smokin:

India had every single natural and man made (mostly soviet made) advantage possible.
Okay but I don’t see a single retaliation by Pakistan. I mean.. even if you don’t have good weapons, you will use whatever you have. They didn’t even TRY to fire a missile at one single Indian boat? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom