What's new

Chinese Small Arms: Pictures, Videos, and Descriptions

I guarantee you that the barrel of the AUG above is at least 4 inches longer than the AR-15 below. That means better ballistic performance at range beyond 200 yards as well as more subdued muzzle flash. Just because they have roughly the same length overall does not mean they're equal. The latest variant can fit all the toys you described. It's simply a matter of mounting some rails.

Steyr_AUG_A3.jpg
I have shot the standard USAF issued M4. Its effective range is better than the absurd 250 m figure your friend pulled out of thin air, if not out of his butt.

News for you...

http://rifleopticsworld.com/iron-sights-long-range/
The United States Marine Corps would regularly take people who had never fired a rifle in their lives and at the end of three weeks have them striking targets out to 500 yards with nothing more than an M16A2 and a pair of iron sights.
The A2's barrel length is 20 inches, or 50 cm. The carbine's barrel length is 14.5 in or roughly 37 cm. With the carbine's iron sights and at 300 m, I have put 5 rounds into the effective 'kill zone' of a standard size human silhouette target. If I did not 'kill' my target, then at least I have severely 'wounded' him.

The reality is that at beyond 500 m, if you are military trained, you will have to use techniques like that of the sniper. The real kind.

The bullpup design have never definitely put itself above the standard rifle design under real world conditions.

I have shot the standard USAF issued M4. Its effective range is better than the absurd 250 m figure your friend pulled out of thin air, if not out of his butt.

News for you...

http://rifleopticsworld.com/iron-sights-long-range/

The A2's barrel length is 20 inches, or 50 cm. The carbine's barrel length is 14.5 in or roughly 37 cm. With the carbine's iron sights and at 300 m, I have put 5 rounds into the effective 'kill zone' of a standard size human silhouette target. If I did not 'kill' my target, then at least I have severely 'wounded' him.

The reality is that at beyond 500 m, if you are military trained, you will have to use techniques like that of the sniper. The real kind.

The bullpup design have never definitely put itself above the standard rifle design under real world conditions.

M4 carbine is more for urban warfare when beyond 250m is not a major concern and light weight is highly favour.

But I was shocked French armed forces dump their FMAS and goes for the HK416 which has a very similar outlook as M4.

I do not think PLA will favour a shorter range carbine style rifle as their standard army issue weapon.

M4 carbine is more for urban warfare when beyond 250m is not a major concern and light weight is highly favour.
Does not matter -- 250 m or out further.

http://nssf.org/video/facts/MOA.cfm
A Minute of Angle (MOA) is an angular measurement.

A MOA is 1/60th of a degree.

1 MOA spreads about 1" per 100 yards. (actually 1.047")

1 MOA is a different size at different distances, 8" at 800 yards is still just 1 MOA.

Let us round off to 300 yds, or roughly 300 m, for now.

From the chart above, the MOA spread is about 3 in at 100 yds. Regardless of distance, the first thing any soldier do is to find cover, not concealment, but cover. If there are none, he will hit the ground and make himself as flat as possible. At 300 yds, your bullet will deviate about 3 in to any direction from your intended center. A fully exposed human torso have a spread of 18-20 in, or 45-50 cm. So even if you are shooting at an enemy soldier who have no cover but is at ground, at 300 yds distance, your odds of hitting him decreased to less than 50/50. In this situation, any improvement in accuracy by way of a few additional inches/cm barrel length is pointless.

Keep in mind these are PUBLIC information in the US where firearms are much more common than in your China. Not trying to be mean, just real.

Finally, am an Air Force guy who target shoot, not really a hunter, even though I have hunted before, deers and wild boars, and not someone like Gary who actually have been in combat.

But I was shocked French armed forces dump their FMAS and goes for the HK416 which has a very similar outlook as M4.
I have never fired a FAMAS, but I have fired a Kel-Tec bullpup.

Yes, it is an interesting rifle, but essentially a novelty rifle, and in my opinion, not a credible replacement for the standard automatic combat rifle when all things relevant to combat are considered.

I do not think PLA will favour a shorter range carbine style rifle as their standard army issue weapon.
And I predict the PLA will take after the French -- rid itself of the bullpup.

It will require a few yrs but once the PLA is fully appraised of the bullpup's disadvantages, it will replace it.

I may be out on a limb here...But I think the selection of the bullpup is more emotional than rational. Who wants to be like the Americans ?

There are many reasons why the 5.56 mm bullet remains popular despite many objections, from technical to emotional, leveled at it. Why 5.56 and not 5 ? Or not 5.55 ? Why 7.62 and not 6.62 ? Why the howitzer 105 and not 100 ? Look at the internal combustion engine for more examples. Why 2.2 liters and not 2.3 ? Why 50 cc and not 51 cc ?

The selection of the caliber measurement of 5.56 or 7.62 or 105 came from extensive testing, not just on destructiveness on the target but also on the user, as in maintenance and portability, and reliability under combat conditions. I do not care if I hit the enemy soldier with a 5.56 or 7.62. As long as he is disabled to the point where he can no longer contribute to the battle, I have succeeded. I will always shoot to kill, but killing is not my primary concern for him. So if I can carry more 5.56 rounds than I can for 7.62 rounds, I will take the smaller caliber any day.

Same reasoning for the selection of the standard or the bullpup config. Usage under real world conditions dictate the selection.

This is why -- in time -- the world's soldiers will rid themselves of the bullpup design and your PLA will be no different.

M4 carbine effective range is only 250m while QBZ is 400m. By the way, they switch to QBZ-97 which is the better one.
firstly, the effective ranges you listed are not accurate to the point where mission requirement is concerned...secondly QBZ97 is for exports only, there is no good or bad compared to 95

its a failed family as simple as that

firstly, the effective ranges you listed are not accurate to the point where mission requirement is concerned...secondly QBZ97 is for exports only, there is no good or bad compared to 95

its a failed family as simple as that
That Chinese article which overstate the weakness of QBZ-95 during the sniper competition in Australia. In fact, during sparing, QBZ-95 outperform Australia counterpart in long range category. More or less shows the accuracy.

That Chinese article which overstate the weakness of QBZ-95 during the sniper competition in Australia. In fact, during sparing, QBZ-95 outperform Australia counterpart in long range category. More or less shows the accuracy.
used heavily modified 95-1's light machine gun (enhanced barrel), it is even more accurate than 88 sniper rifle...so its pointless, as it far exceeds the general needs and purpose of being a standard assault rifle..

you always look at a matter in simplistic way, maybe due to the fact that you are not quite knowledgeable regarding the areas. as far as standard issue assault rifle is concerned, the determine factors are more than just how far you can shoot, how accurate you can hit. these two factors weight more to sniper rifles, but definitely not for standard issue assault rifles. if your assumption is true, then the British L85 wont be considered as $hit, as it is a very accurate rifle, and M4 wont be replacing huge amount of M16s, as the latter shoots further and hit harder than M4

all in all, 95 is a very average assault rifle, and because of its bullpup and its other limitations, replacing it is a certainty.

LA-12 Puma / Kuandian K13X-12 semi-automatic shotgun

Caliber

12 Gauge, chamber 70mm (2 3/4”)

Type

Gas operated

Overall length, mm

Barrel length, mm

Weight, empty, kg

Magazine capacity, rounds

The LA-12 Puma shotgun became available for Canadian shooters thanks to combined efforts of a canadian gun importing company Lever Arms and Chinese private gun-making company Kuandian shotgun plant, which designed and produces the gun. It is worth to note that prototypes of thes shotgun were fist displayed in 2006 at Chinese Police expo under designation of “K13X-12 shotgun”.

LA-12 Puma / Kuandian K13X-12 semi-automatic shotgun is gas operated weapon. It uses short stroke gas piston located above the barrel to operate rotary bolt action. Bullpup stock is made from polymer and patterned after the Chinese Type 95 assault rifle. Fired shells are ejected to the right. Gun is fed using detachable box magazines, with capacity of 5 rounds.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/ch/la12-e.html

Hawk XY10 automatic / select-fire shotgun

1475060019.jpg

10mm ammunition with less-lethal "bean bag" load for Hawk XY10 shotgun

Caliber

10mm (10x50R)

Type

automatic

Overall length

845-893 mm

Barrel length

?

Weight, empty

Magazine capacity

10 or 30 rounds

The XY10 automatic shotgun is produced by Chinese company Hawk Industries specifically for law enforcement use. It is designed to fire proprietary 10mm brass shotshells (with overall length about 50mm / 2”) that can be loaded with less-lethal “bean bag” impact projectiles, CS tear gas projectiles, or large size buckshot (3 lead balls of about 10mm each per rounds). What makes this gun to stand out from the crowd of other law enforcement shotguns is that it is capable of full automatic fire with rate of about 5 shots per second. With less-lethal ammunition its maximum effective range is claimed to be about 15 meters, with lead buckshot its maximum effective range is about 50 meters.

Hawk XY10 automatic / select-fire shotgun is believed to be gas operated, using detachable box magazines with 10 and 30-round capacity. It features adjustable telescoping shoulder stock and set of Picatinny rails to mount additional equipment such as flashlights or laser sights.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/ch/xy10-e.html

J6E58.jpg

can anyone give more info on this? appears to be a rifle targeting system of some sort!

J6E58.jpg

can anyone give more info on this? appears to be a rifle targeting system of some sort!

XY 7.62 (XY7.62) Sniper Rifle (China)

Caliber

7,62x51 NATO (.308 Win)

Action

Manually operated, bolt action

Overall length

1200 mm

Barrel length

?

Weight, empty, w. bipod

6.8 kg

Magazine capacity

5 rounds

The XY 7.62 (XY7.62) sniper rifle is produced in China by a private company called Eagle Investment Group Limited. Manufacturer claims 0.5 MOA accuracy at ranges of up to 300 meters and up to 0.8 MOA at longer ranges.

XY 7.62 (XY7.62) sniper rifle is a conventional manually operated bolt action rifle with rotary bolt. Rifle features aluminum alloy chassis-type stock with adjustable shoulder rest and cheek pad. Various optical and night vision sights can be installed using integrated Picatinny rail above the receiver. Ammunition is fed from detachable single stack box magazines.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/ch/errortranslite-e.html

XY 8.6 (XY8.6) Sniper Rifle (China)

Caliber

.338 Lapua Magnum

Action

Overall length

1230 mm

Barrel length

?

Weight, empty, w. bipod

7 kg

Magazine capacity

5 rounds

The XY 8.6 (XY8.6) sniper rifle is produced in China by a private company called Eagle Investment Group Limited. Manufacturer claims 1 MOA accuracy with proper match-grade ammunition.

XY 8.6 (XY8.6) sniper rifle is a conventional manually operated bolt action rifle with rotary bolt. Barrel is provided with muzzle brake. Rifle features aluminum alloy chassis-type stock with adjustable shoulder rest and cheek pad. Various optical and night vision sights can be installed using integrated Picatinny rail above the receiver. Ammunition is fed from detachable single stack box magazines.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/ch/xy6-e.html

XY 7.62 (XY7.62) Sniper Rifle (China)

Caliber

7,62x51 NATO (.308 Win)

Action

Overall length

1200 mm

Barrel length

?

Weight, empty, w. bipod

6.8 kg

Magazine capacity

5 rounds

The XY 7.62 (XY7.62) sniper rifle is produced in China by a private company called Eagle Investment Group Limited. Manufacturer claims 0.5 MOA accuracy at ranges of up to 300 meters and up to 0.8 MOA at longer ranges.

XY 7.62 (XY7.62) sniper rifle is a conventional manually operated bolt action rifle with rotary bolt. Rifle features aluminum alloy chassis-type stock with adjustable shoulder rest and cheek pad. Various optical and night vision sights can be installed using integrated Picatinny rail above the receiver. Ammunition is fed from detachable single stack box magazines.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/ch/errortranslite-e.html

XY 8.6 (XY8.6) Sniper Rifle (China)

Caliber

.338 Lapua Magnum

Action

Overall length

1230 mm

Barrel length

?

Weight, empty, w. bipod

7 kg

Magazine capacity

5 rounds

The XY 8.6 (XY8.6) sniper rifle is produced in China by a private company called Eagle Investment Group Limited. Manufacturer claims 1 MOA accuracy with proper match-grade ammunition.

XY 8.6 (XY8.6) sniper rifle is a conventional manually operated bolt action rifle with rotary bolt. Barrel is provided with muzzle brake. Rifle features aluminum alloy chassis-type stock with adjustable shoulder rest and cheek pad. Various optical and night vision sights can be installed using integrated Picatinny rail above the receiver. Ammunition is fed from detachable single stack box magazines.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/ch/xy6-e.html
that is a rifle zarvan and I was talking about the digital optic! why did you post the rifle?

Does anyone know about this rifle mounted optic??

J6E58.jpg

A primer on the Chinese next-generation rifle tender:

According to newly-released photos (and from defense exhibitions, namely Zhuhai), we know that there are at least three different types of rifles being evaluated for their ground forces. So far, these rifles have been extremely modular in nature and each model has its own family of firearms that includes assault rifles, battle rifles, LMGs, and DMRs (for instance, the CS/LR17 family has 11 variants in total). We don't know if that is exclusive to the model or a requirement set forth by their military brass.

====

1. Rifle #1 (designation unknown)
qMEiS2C.jpg

Z0t6iYa.png

2. Rifle #2 (designation unknown)
fpcV3T1.jpg

3. CS/LR-17
091515b4144jf4advidwvh.jpg

More will be updated as further information is revealed.

Note: because the CS/LR-17 has been cleared for export, it is suspected that it had been rejected by the PLA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom