What's new

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's Visit to India

Legal? What are you talking about?

By legal, I mean every country does it to calculate real GDP from the nominal one. However, inflating or deflating the GDP through artificial means, so as to paint a different picture is incorrect

i know that india is behind the world in manufacturing almost everything of value. shipbuilding, steel, petrochemicals, aerospace, electronics, you name it, india is behind in both quality and quantity.

Utter nonsense. Its shocking (and sad) how misinformed Chinese people are about India.
shipbuilding . . . we are good enough to build aircraft carriers and stealth ships, yours are still on paper. The weapons may be Russian or Isreali . . . the ships were built in India!!
petrochemicals . . . laughable to say we are behind when there are so many huge plants and consumption in the country
steel . . . hahahaha . . . heard of Tata-Corus or Arcelor-Mittal? Huge plants of both in the country
aerospace . . . is not our core competance i.e. we are not even the race in that factor, so we cannot be behind anyone.
electronics . . if we are good enough to develop excellent satellites, how can anyone conclude that we are behind

Unfortunately, IT professionals and pharmaceuticals manufacturers are a small percentage of India's workforce and even smaller than corresponding sectors elsewhere. The vast majority are low skilled laborers doing menial work. If there is truly 60/40 ratio, China only has a 50/50 ratio so why is india STILL behind so far? I believe there are several answers here:

1.) Indian GDP is inflated due to hidden costs of corruption, bad government, bad infrastructure, disease, illiteracy, environment, etc.

2.) Rural indians are FAR poorer than rural Chinese.

3.) The sectors that employ highly paid Indians are smaller than the same sectors in China.

Again baseless points. Are you aware that India pushes 40 Million people into middle class every year . . . i.e people wil income between ~$10K to ~25K (anual) every year by our standards

HoweStreet.com - The Source for Market Opinions

Read this article, it is about how India and China's increasingly affluent population is responsible for high gold consumption and soaring prices.

Rural people are very poor in some underdeveloped areas. But lately we have had good pro-development officials there and things have improved in almost double digits in these areas. It will get better as time goes by.

We are behind because it is post 2005 that we have really grown a lot. And FYI, irrespective of what you may feel, we are not interested in being #1 economy. We are interested in being a strong, developed nation first.

Utter nonsense. Its shocking (and sad) how misinformed Chinese people are about India.
shipbuilding . . . we are good enough to build aircraft carriers and stealth ships, yours are still on paper. The weapons may be Russian or Isreali . . . the ships were built in India!!
petrochemicals . . . laughable to say we are behind when there are so many huge plants and consumption in the country
steel . . . hahahaha . . . heard of Tata-Corus or Arcelor-Mittal? Huge plants of both in the country
aerospace . . . is not our core competance i.e. we are not even the race in that factor, so we cannot be behind anyone.
electronics . . if we are good enough to develop excellent satellites, how can anyone conclude that we are behind

'stealth' ships... give me a break, india's shipbuilding is a joke with your 50 year old purchased carriers and inability to make a nuclear submarine (oh wait, you made one, just that it doesn't have the reactor installed... but it's supposedly "nuclear"). what about civilian shipbuilding? we're the 2nd largest, soon to be largest (within 1 year) civil shipbuilder in the world.

Arcelor-Mittal has NOTHING to do with india. It's headquartered in Luxembourg and owned by a British. I don't get why indians are proud of a British owned, Luxembourg based company. Tata is nothing compared to Baosteel Group and Jiangsu Steel.

Petrochemicals: what new processes have come out of India? What new plants are being constructed in India?

40 projects under China's petrochemical stimulus package

where are the indian projects? i searched, not one website gave a list of 2009 indian petrochemical projects and none of them reported more than 40.

aerospace: good, you admit that india is inferior in this aspect, at least you are honest.

electronics: clearly satellites are more than electronics and electronics are more than satellites. what hardware is india manufacturing? China manufactures 80% of computers used worldwide and has 3/10 of the top 10 supercomputers and has 2 processors, what has india done in hardware?

middle class: http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2010/08/19/much-of-indian-middle-class-is-almost-poor/

"But almost 60% of them live on between $2 and $4 a day. That’s about 20 to 40 rupees a day in nominal terms (using an exchange rate of 15.66 rupees to one purchasing power parity dollar) or between $300 to $600 in parity terms (4,700 rupees to 9,400 rupees) a month for a family of five."

What a joke, 2-6 USD per day in China is poverty and starvation and indeed, 2 USD per day is the UN definition of poverty.

'stealth' ships... give me a break, india's shipbuilding is a joke with your 50 year old purchased carriers and inability to make a nuclear submarine (oh wait, you made one, just that it doesn't have the reactor installed... but it's supposedly "nuclear"). what about civilian shipbuilding? we're the 2nd largest, soon to be largest (within 1 year) civil shipbuilder in the world.

Arcelor-Mittal has NOTHING to do with india. It's headquartered in Luxembourg and owned by a British. I don't get why indians are proud of a British owned, Luxembourg based company. Tata is nothing compared to Baosteel Group and Jiangsu Steel.

Petrochemicals: what new processes have come out of India? What new plants are being constructed in India?

where are the indian projects? i searched, not one website gave a list of 2009 indian petrochemical projects and none of them reported more than 40.

aerospace: good, you admit that india is inferior in this aspect, at least you are honest.

electronics: clearly satellites are more than electronics and electronics are more than satellites. what hardware is india manufacturing? China manufactures 80% of computers used worldwide and has 3/10 of the top 10 supercomputers and has 2 processors, what has india done in hardware?

middle class: Much of Indian ‘Middle Class’ Is Almost Poor - Real Time Economics - WSJ

"But almost 60% of them live on between $2 and $4 a day. That’s about 20 to 40 rupees a day in nominal terms (using an exchange rate of 15.66 rupees to one purchasing power parity dollar) or between $300 to $600 in parity terms (4,700 rupees to 9,400 rupees) a month for a family of five."

What a joke, 2-6 USD per day in China is poverty and starvation and indeed, 2 USD per day is the UN definition of poverty.

What's the point?

To all chinese members, please dont waste your times continuing discuse with these inferior big ego bragging indians here. a few posts here and there is ok but constantly tolking with them is just getting no where and will lower our standard. Let them infeiror big ego indians think, dream ,fantasie and imagine(that s where they base most of india achievements from) they are big , better and more powerful than china. As we china never look upon them as truely worth while competitor never was and never will be, we dont really want to spend more time than necessary with some one who main purpose in this forum is to rant troll and bash china do we?.

middle class: Much of Indian ‘Middle Class’ Is Almost Poor - Real Time Economics - WSJ

We will have an indigenous aircraft carrier operational within next few years, far more complex to build than any civilian ship. Yours is still on paper, so shut it.

I think I said that Arcelor Mittal has loads of steel plants in India. I did not claim it to be an Indian company. Also
Tata Steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baosteel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Revenues
Tata Steel: $29.9b
Baosteel:$21.5b
These are 2009 figures, not aware of 2010 figures . . . but you get the picture
So do shut up with your comparisions.

Petrochemical industry in the country is enough to fullfill domestic demand. We do not need a huge industry right now because there isn't demand in the country that much, because
(a) we are a warm country
(b) majority of our power generation is coal and from there it is shifting to nuclear or hydel (thankfully)

Indian satellite components are NOT imported from China. Since we can build electronics in country good enough for satellites their quality is obviously good enough. You mass produce, we don't. Doesn't make you qualitatively better.

And please your facts are laughable. By your estimate the entire village population of India is BPR . . .:rofl: We have certain underdeveloped areas in North and North East. But that will change in few years.
National average is low because of this, but its ludicrious and illinformed of anyone to say that the entire 60% lives on $2 - $5.

To all chinese members, please dont waste your times continuing discuse with these inferior big ego bragging indians here. a few posts here and there is ok but constantly tolking with them is just getting no where and will lower our standard. Let them infeiror big ego indians think, dream ,fantasie and imagine(that s where they base most of india achievements from) they are big , better and more powerful than china. As we china never look upon them as truely worth while competitor never was and never will be, we dont really want to spend more time than necessary with some one who main purpose in this forum is to rant troll and bash china do we?.

We have no interest in bashing China and its policies if your people cease from mentioning wrong facts and harping on 1962 every time there is a discussion about anything.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom