What's new

Chinese phonemakers are preparing to take on the world

many Chinese ppl will go for a mac pro coz Chinese ppl don't care about quality, Chinese ppl care about face. CHinese ppl prefer "expensive" over "quality" if having enough money.

There is a luxury bag (I don't remember its name, maybe Hermès?). It is bad quality but high price. There is a saying, if it is not broken within one year, it is fake. Many Chinese ppl buy the luxury bag online, and they become angry if it is not broken within one year coz this means it is fake.

LOOL our western brands still turn chinese/Asian consumers on i must say.lol, they are ready to pay any price to purchase them no matter the quality. I see many of them here in london shopping like crazy buying 'luxury' products at exorbitant prices, things nobody here really cares about.lool As you said face is really important to them i guess.lol:lol:

interestingly, I see TP-link everywhere in Europe while many ppl here thought it is a US brand

so which country did you think Lenovo is from?

Dont tell me TP link is a chinese company as well?:o:
I thought lenovo was American or South Korean. lool yh i know i was Naive.:what:

Last edited:
After Huawei, Hisense has already landed in Germany. I am waiting for Shanzhai phones.

I thought lenovo was American or South Korean. lool yh i know i was Naive.:what:
TP-link come from China ShenZhen city, bro.

Except HP, Dell, Apple, CISCO, Samsung, LG, SONY, Panasonic, Hitachi, Siemens, NOKIA ... most “White Goods ” & 3C telecommunication products from China, even IBM sell laptop & x86 server department to Lenovo.

BTW i have no idea about Britain electronics corporations, any famous brand inside Britain market ? I wanna learn.

Last edited:

Except HP, Dell, Apple, CISCO, Samsung, LG, SONY, Panasonic, Hitachi, Siemens, NOKIA ... most “White Goods ” & 3C telecommunication products from China, even IBM sell laptop & x86 server department to Lenovo.

BTW i have no idea about Britain electronics corporations, any famous brand inside Britain market ? I wanna learn.

Well we dont really have large elecrtonic giants Like China, South Korea, Japan and U.S but we still have some pretty decent Small size electronics companies of which mselectronics is one of the leading in Europe and Cello Electronics which is one of Europe's most innovative LCD TV. You should also know that despite our economy being dominanted by services/banking industry(in which we are world leaders) we still rank second globally in aerospace manufacturing with 17% market share.:agree: We also have the world 4th largest telecommunication company(Vodafone)Contrary to common belief, our manufacturing is strong with the UK currently the 11th largest manufacturing nation in the world.Moreover, manufacturing makes up 54% of our exports. and our electronics Industry is worth £78bn a year and its the world’s fifth largest in terms of production, plus we are also home to 40% of Europe’s semiconductor design houses.:cheers: So we might not be a global giant in this sector but we are not a midget either, we are indeed among the top 10 as well i would say.:-)

I am using lenovo products for quite a long time, yeah they worth the money. If I am a Chinese I would choose lenovo over a mac pro for sure:)

But im going for product quality/specs and value for money as well. Not really into which country a product comes from, couldnt care less. However, i have had a good experience with Lenovo so far, and few friends i know who used the Yoga(the Yoga 2 though not 3), have told me its an awesome ultrabook. So thats why im more inclined to go for Lenovo, since i tend to trust what my friends/relatives tell me from their own experience. I will still make some more research though, if i think its indeed the best choice, i will go for the Lenovo Yoga pro 3 of not it will be the Macbook pro. which is my second choice.:cheers:

But im going for product quality/specs and value for money as well. Not really into which country a product comes from, couldnt care less. However, i have had a good experience with Lenovo so far, and few friends i know who used the Yoga(the Yoga 2 though not 3), have told me its an awesome ultrabook. So thats why im more inclined to go for Lenovo, since i tend to trust what my friends/relatives tell me from their own experience. I will still make some more research though, if i think its indeed the best choice, i will go for the Lenovo Yoga pro 3 of not it will be the Macbook pro. which is my second choice.:cheers:

An Alienware would be a better laptop for multiple purposes but it's bulkier.

LOOL our western brands still turn chinese/Asian consumers on i must say.lol, they are ready to pay any price to purchase them no matter the quality. I see many of them here in london shopping like crazy buying 'luxury' products at exorbitant prices, things nobody here really cares about.lool As you said face is really important to them i guess.lol:lol:

TP-LINK is Chinese

I am a fan of Huawei. I am targeting at Huawei Ascend Mate 7.

I just bought Huawei G6 PAYG for my little brother as his first 4G smartphone. It looks cool and probably is the best mid-range 4G phone currently out there in the int'l market, alongside with Moto G 4G(2014).

Huawei and Lenovo will kick Samsung's a$$ off China soon.

I think Xiaomi alone could do so if it gets its acts together.

Similar picture with int´l smart phone market currently;

apart from Apple, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Nokia, Blackberry, any other names whatever they´re called most likely are Chinese makers or have Chinese roots.

Last edited:
I just have one Lenovo laptop but many Huawei handsets, Slim s7(retired), Ascend D2(to be retired), Ascend P6(to be retired), Honor 3X. I want to replace my D2 with Mate 7 and P6 with Honor 6(highest configeration).

I used to try several times to bid Xiaomi Redmi and Redmi Note and have a trial but I failed. Finally, I got a Xiaomi smart router.

A little off topic,
I also have 2 domestic brand vehicles- Haval H6 SUV and a BYD QIN. I will try to replace my H6 with BYD TANG next year.:partay:

If i were you, i would rather replace that H6 with H-20 instead, which is n-capable carrying half a dozen cruise missiles with flight radius covering Diego Garcia! :partay:

UK smartphone market sucks, only has 2 Chinese brands - Huawei and ZTE.

I´d love to see Oppo, Zopo, Xiaomi, Mitsu, Coolpad, OnePlus alike here. They´ll spice up the competition surely.

If i were you, i would rather replace that H6 with H-20 instead, which is n-capable carrying half a dozen cruise missiles with flight radius covering Diego Garcia! :partay:

UK smartphone market sucks, only has 2 Chinese brands - Huawei and ZTE.

I´d love to see Oppo, Zopo, Xiaomi, Mitsu, Coolpad, OnePlus alike here. They´ll spice up the competition surely.

The only Chinese phone brand i have seen in phone shops here is Huawei,apart from them, i dont know/haven't seen any of the other Chinese brands you mentioned here, and i dont think they will get here anytime soon IMO. I learned from some members on here that Lenovo also makes smartphones, never even knew that.lol They sell only Laptops/P.C/tablets here. Their smartphones are also non existent here.:cheesy:

An Alienware would be a better laptop for multiple purposes but it's bulkier.
Alienware? never really heard of that.lol Is it a good brand bro?:-)

The only Chinese phone brand i have seen in phone shops here is Huawei,apart from them, i dont know/haven't seen any of the other Chinese brands you mentioned here, and i dont think they will get here anytime soon IMO. I learned from some members on here that Lenovo also makes smartphones, never even knew that.lol They sell only Laptops/P.C/tablets here. Their smartphones are also non existent here.:cheesy:

Alienware? never really heard of that.lol Is it a good brand bro?:-)
All Lenovo phones

advice, don't listen to that Vietcong. Alienware is overpriced gaming laptop brand

Carphonewarehouse, for instance, has plenty of ZTE phones, the low end ones though, not ZTE flagship.

I only knew most of those Chinese names not long ago when I checked those youtube reviews before purchasing Huawei G6.

Carphonewarehouse, for instance, has plenty of ZTE phones, the low end ones though, not ZTE flagship.

I only knew most of those Chinese names not long ago when I checked those youtube reviews before purchasing Huawei G6.

yes forgot ZTE, i have seen it as well, but its mostly low end/basic feature phones. didnt know it was Chinese as well(i indeed need to upgrade my knowledge on electronics/smartphone companies.lol).
And i dont really like carphone warehouse, i prefered Phones4u, but unfortunately they closed down because of EE and Vodafone.:(:cry: They were cheaper and offered more varieties/choices than car phone....sad.:(

All Lenovo phones

advice, don't listen to that Vietcong. Alienware is overpriced gaming laptop brand

Dont need to be racists/insulting/indulge in personal attacks bro.Afterall we are in a discussion forum to learn and exchange ideas, we can agree to disagree respectfully. A simple: 'dont listen to him' would have been ok.....jeez...:disagree:

I have brand loyalty to Lenovo.

Whatever electronics I buy, I always try to get Lenovo whenever possible.

And Lenovo is soon going to buy Blackberry and half of HP. :china:
The stupid Canadian government will block the deal. blackberry is dead, not sure what Lenovo want blackberry for other than buy it and scrap it to eliminate one player in the market.

Back
Top Bottom