What's new

Chinese Muslims told ‘hand over Qur’ans and prayer mats or face harsh punishment’

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
1003676-1393202024.jpg

DUBAI: The Chinese government has launched a crackdown on Muslims in the Xinjiang territory in northwestern China – ordering copies of the Qur’an and prayer mats be handed over, or face harsh punishment, Radio Free Asia has reported.

Dilxat Raxit, a spokesman for the human rights group, the World Uyghur Congress said people in several regions had been notified that all Uyghur people must hand over all religious items related to Islam – including copies of the Qur’an and prayer mats.

The information was also broadcast across social media network WeChat, instructing people to hand the items in to government authorities.

The government has targeted Qur’ans in the region for the last five years because it is claimed the holy book contains “extremist content.”

The clampdown is part of the “Three Illegals and One Item” campaign targeting what the Chinese government considers “illegal” religious items owned by mostly Muslim Uyghurs.
The Uyghur Human Rights Project Director Omer Kanat said: “The new religious regulations demonstrate how Xi Jinping’s administration is founded on division. In Xi’s China loyalty is demanded and not earned.

Ethnic minorities, dissidents and people of faith present a challenge to Beijing’s vision of unquestioned allegiance to the state. If these groups do not fall into line, their vilification creates a convenient scapegoat for a morally compromised government.”

Muslims are being told to hand over the religious items “voluntarily” to authorities, if any are found in searches then offenders will face harsh punishments.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1169556/world

1003676-1393202024.jpg

DUBAI: The Chinese government has launched a crackdown on Muslims in the Xinjiang territory in northwestern China – ordering copies of the Qur’an and prayer mats be handed over, or face harsh punishment, Radio Free Asia has reported.

Dilxat Raxit, a spokesman for the human rights group, the World Uyghur Congress said people in several regions had been notified that all Uyghur people must hand over all religious items related to Islam – including copies of the Qur’an and prayer mats.

The information was also broadcast across social media network WeChat, instructing people to hand the items in to government authorities.

The government has targeted Qur’ans in the region for the last five years because it is claimed the holy book contains “extremist content.”

The clampdown is part of the “Three Illegals and One Item” campaign targeting what the Chinese government considers “illegal” religious items owned by mostly Muslim Uyghurs.
The Uyghur Human Rights Project Director Omer Kanat said: “The new religious regulations demonstrate how Xi Jinping’s administration is founded on division. In Xi’s China loyalty is demanded and not earned.

Ethnic minorities, dissidents and people of faith present a challenge to Beijing’s vision of unquestioned allegiance to the state. If these groups do not fall into line, their vilification creates a convenient scapegoat for a morally compromised government.”

Muslims are being told to hand over the religious items “voluntarily” to authorities, if any are found in searches then offenders will face harsh punishments.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1169556/world
do you have any other news source for it? I don't believe this Uyghur Human Rights Project, or Free Asia radio, Free china radio etc.
My wife’s nationality is Hui, her father goes to mosque almost everyday, we can buy Qur’ans in every big bookstore, we can buy religious items at Niu street.
it's more like a fake news for me.

That news seems strange as Quran is available in online copies and there are thousands of mobile apps

Fake news, a hate propaganda actually. World Uyghur Congress is an anti-China organisation and is classified as terrorist group by China.

Visit this website, it is in both Uyghur and Han Chinese, Koran is obviously not banned. Online Koran is available on this website, and it is accesible to all Chinese citizens.

http://uyghur.xjmuslim.com/index.htm

Last edited:
I have both a Bible and Koran at home, never heard that I need to hand it up, besides, how can you check if people have those books at home, door to door home search? That's a stupidly ridiculous anti China report from CIA sponsored "Radio Free Asia“ , this "Radio Free Asia“ used to bombard China daily on Tibetan fake news but recently they seem to switch their focus to Xinjiang.

If China banned those books how come she doesn't ban the selling of those books first?? On Taobao a Koran cost only 10 dollars and can be delivered right into your home.
https://ai.taobao.com/search/index....938_1506759448678&spm=a231o.7712113/a.a3342.1

I have both a Bible and Koran at home, never heard that I need to hand it up, besides, how can you check if people have those books at home, door to door home search? That's a stupidly ridiculous anti China report from CIA sponsored "Radio Free Asia“ , this "Radio Free Asia“ used to bombard China daily on Tibetan fake news but recently they seem to switch their focus to Xinjiang.

If China banned those books how come she doesn't ban the selling of those books first?? On Taobao a Koran cost only 10 dollars and can be delivered right into your home.
https://ai.taobao.com/search/index....938_1506759448678&spm=a231o.7712113/a.a3342.1
I have one myself, bought in Xining's grand mosque.
Taobao has more, around 10 dollars per book, pay online and they will be delivered to your home in no time.
Yes. And RSSers and CIA-sponsored trolls are spreading lies again.

We have Pakistanis in China and no one asked them about Quran copy!
You are one billion pathetic liars.... you believe in lying to the point where people start to believe your lies partially.
I think China is the only country where you can order a beautiful Arabic version of Quran at home and gets it delivered within hours.

We have Pakistanis in China and no one asked them about Quran copy!
You are one billion pathetic liars.... you believe in lying to the point where people start to believe your lies partially.
Who's talking about quran?. Internet is highly monitored by CPC in china.

One person doesn't make 1billion..and the world knows who's known as pathological liars. Most of us here know how the qoum operates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom