What's new

Chinese man with coronavirus symptoms put into isolation ward in Islamabad hospital

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RAWALPINDI:

A Chinese national, suspected of having the novel coronavirus, was shifted to an isolation ward of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) from the Islamabad airport on Tuesday.

As flight operations between Pakistan and China resumed on Monday, sourced told The Express Tribune that a flight carrying 122 passengers from Beijing landed at the Islamabad airport earlier in the evening and during the screening one of the Chinese nationals, Bing Yang, detected with high-temperature, which is one of the symptoms of the deadly virus.

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza has already directed authorities dealing with airport and medical services to maintain strict vigilance at the points of entry and check travellers coming in from affected regions.

Four suspected coronavirus cases surface in Multan, Lahore

As per the directives, every passenger from China would have to pass through health counters set up at all major international airports where doctors and paramedics would inspect them through thermal body scanning machines and thermometers.

Following the standard operating procedure, the authorities immediately separated Yang from other passengers and shifted him to the Pims hospital through ambulance, the sources added.

Any suspected patient of the contagious virus is kept under observation for at least six days at an isolation ward.

The disease has killed more than 425 people and infected a further 20,000 in China, nearly all of them in central Hubei province — the epicentre of the outbreak — and spread to two-dozen countries since it emerged in December last year.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/215029...mptoms-put-isolation-ward-islamabad-hospital/

A Chinese national, suspected of having the novel coronavirus, was shifted to an isolation ward of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) from the Islamabad airport on Tuesday.
Why China allowed him out of their god given (as many Chinese here try to sell) country?

Worse thing why Pakistan allowed him in?

This is just the begining, while countries are actively stopping all flights from China until further notice. Our Leaders are lifting the restrictions after a mere three days. Pakistan, my home country, is truly a bannana republic. !!!:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Pakistanis in China can't come to Pakistan but Chinese from China can??

What utter fools are these Pakistani officials and policy makers :disagree:

Only people from the affected areas are quarantined, Pakistanis from other areas can come and go as they please, as long as they have bee quarantined for 14 days.

Only people from the affected areas are quarantined, Pakistanis from other areas can come and go as they please, as long as they have bee quarantined for 14 days.

That's fine....but my concern is....why the heck is the Pakistani govt. allowing Chinese to come into the country!?

Many countries have started putting travel restrictions to the Chinese. Why's the govt. risking the lives of the general public just to not irk the Chinese govt.?

That's fine....but my concern is....why the heck is the Pakistani govt. allowing Chinese to come into the country!?

Many countries have started putting travel restrictions to the Chinese. Why's the govt. risking the lives of the general public just to not irk the Chinese govt.?

Only if they have been certified free of the virus for 14 days, and only if they are from other than Wuhan.

Your bias is very evident. Look at WHO recommendation they are saying travel ban is not necessary. Are you a bigger expert?

Why China allowed him out of their god given (as many Chinese here try to sell) country?

Worse thing why Pakistan allowed him in?

It's called bending to tons of Pressure.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...closure-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-n1128161
China criticizes U.S. border closure as coronavirus death toll rises

“It is certainly not a gesture of goodwill,” China's foreign ministry spokesperson said in a statement Saturday.

yeah..yeah...whatever China...sorry we ain't letting you in. We can discuss this again when things calm down.

Only if they have been certified free of the virus for 14 days, and only if they are from other than Wuhan.

The virus has spread to other parts of China too. We can't have random Chinese land in Pakistan and put them in quarantine for 14 days, expecting them to either have the virus or not....the virus can move onto a different host during the flight too and while at the airport.

I'm also sure Pakistan doesn't have the right equipment to keep quarantining any Chinese who lands in Pakistan.

Your bias is very evident. Look at WHO recommendation they are saying travel ban is not necessary. Are you a bigger expert?

I wouldn't consider WHO chief an expert on the matter when over 200k people have petitioned for him to be removed from his post for not being politically neutral, which is the whole purpose of WHO.

upload_2020-2-4_21-36-0.png

https://www.change.org/p/united-nat...dros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-director-general

Your bias is very evident.

You need to read up more on the issue rather than showing your own bias. :enjoy:

Look at WHO recommendation

Nope....that "recommendation" is just coming from the WHO chief....whose whole career has been called into question due to his actions.

Who cares what WHO has to say.The point is there is a 100x higher chance of the virus affecting the populace in Pakistan if travel from China is allowed. In fact all cases in North America as of right now can be linked to someone visiting from Wuhan/China.

I wouldn't consider WHO chief an expert on the matter when over 200k people have petitioned for him to be removed from his post for not being politically neutral, which is the whole purpose of WHO.

View attachment 603519

https://www.change.org/p/united-nat...dros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-director-general

You need to read up more on the issue rather than showing your own bias. :enjoy:

Nope....that "recommendation" is just coming from the WHO chief....whose whole career has been called into question due to his actions.

'Over 200k people blah blah blah' Whenever your argument is 'look at number of people doing this!' its a waste of time to even reply.

I have no bias your agenda is clear on this website masked under your cheesy quote.

Who cares what WHO has to say.The point is there is a 100x higher chance of the virus affecting the populace in Pakistan if travel from China is allowed. In fact all cases in North America as of right now can be linked to someone visiting from Wuhan/China.

Sure I'm with you but at what point do you stop travel from other countries with infected people?

'Over 200k people blah blah blah' Whenever your argument is 'look at number of people doing this!' its a waste of time to even reply.

I have no bias your agenda is clear on this website masked under your cheesy quote.

Oh wow...thanks for uncovering this "agenda". Do you want a cookie? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom