What's new

Chinese J-20 stealth fighter not cause for concern, Rafale too has stealth features: Air Marshal

Why I cannot bring in CZ-5 rocket? Many delusion Indians still think their GLSV MKIII is more superior than CZ-5 in terms of payload. Just like this joker trying to claim a Rafale dangling with weapons is going to beat a 5th gen fighter with internal weapon bay and RCS reduction. Both are in the same situation. There are many delusion bragging Indian which I need not remind you. :enjoy:
this is a thread on the j20.
yes be know the j20 is a 5th gen fighter
and yes their are delusional indians and chinese and pakistanis too,

Yeah, your president said Indian would be a superpower by 2012 too.
Yeah, your cpc says Tiananmen never happened.

If something is developed by India then all Pakistanis and chinese will need proof, etc etc...

But when something is developed by china or Pak then it becomes the best thing in the world. No questions asked and just propaganda propaganda etc etc.

this is a thread on the j20.
yes be know the j20 is a 5th gen fighter
and yes their are delusional indians and chinese and pakistanis too,

You mention this thread is for J-20. Is J-20 a stealth fighter, yes it is. So how is Chinese too consider delusion? Is saying the truth consider delusion? More like sourgraped can't take the truth and claim other as delusion. :enjoy:

If I say Chinese build world fastest supercomputer in the world, unrival in the world. Is that consider bragging? I will say that is just saying the truth.
If Indian say they are going to build a exascale supercomputer in 2020. Is that consider bragging? Yes it is. Bragging abt things not happen and no good track record of deliver what they claim.

he must be a pilot talking about engineering project.
by the way stealth feature and stealth are different things.
a bicycle also has motorcycle features.

so you are happy posting comments of sir apj kalam about Bharat becoming super power in 2012 ( without understanding the soul of his words ) and underestimating the statement by air marshal ? millions of times your presidents and other government officials said arunachal pradesh is part of china , so then ?

Hmm...So on one side we have an Indian Air Marshal who doesn't really know about the stealth qualities of the J-20 because only the PLAAF knows it so far.

... And on the other side we have Chinese/Pakistanis forumers who don't really know about Rafale's stealth features as well because only FAF and IAF know it so far.

But, as usual, both sides are absolutely sure their horse would win the race.

Both sides are wrong from where I stand because only time will tell the truth.

Hmm...So on one side we have an Indian Air Marshal who doesn't really know about the stealth qualities of the J-20 because only the PLAAF knows it so far.

... And on the other side we have Chinese/Pakistanis forumers who don't really know about Rafale's stealth features as well because only FAF and IAF know it so far.

Absolutely right, all the most important details are confidential. The information is not in the public domain.

The only difference is that we are cheering for our own plane, while Indians are cheering for foreign planes.

Absolutely right, all the most important details are confidential. The information is not in the public domain.

The only difference is that we are cheering for our own plane, while Indians are cheering for foreign planes.

J-20 was designed from the ground-up as a fifth gen fighter whereas Rafale is 4th gen.
J-20s would knock off Rafales with ease.

I appreciate your neutral view,but you are really just telling that Rafale is better than J20.

A 5 gen fighter is comparing with a at most 4.5 gen fighter, without inner Bomb bay,RAM coating etc.. i don't see why is it so hard to solve the equation.
And i don't think they are absolutely sure about their horse either.

Last edited:
Look whose talking... arguing about stealth features in jf 17( speculated) and laughing on rafales..
There is difference...Rafale is in service but the coming blocks of the JFT are to be designed.....This rafale is no where stealth....

72929213.jpg

http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/105329/20161105/indian-air-force-derides-alleged-stealth-capabilities-china-s-j.htm#ixzz4PDIEAuzY

ordinary.jpg

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is unimpressed by China's Chengdu J-20 "stealth" fighter jet, echoing a growing opinion the J-20 isn't a true stealth jet in the same mold as the Northrop Grumman F-35 Lightning II.

It also points out its new Dassault Rafale multi-role fighters also have stealth capabilities that remain secret but are present in this French-made jet. India has ordered 36 Rafales from the plane's maker, Dassault Aviation.

IAF realizes full well the importance of acquiring a fighter aircraft with stealth features and that's why the Rafale, which has "special stealth features," was acquired from France, said Air Marshal SB Deo, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Air Command (WAC).

WAC is the largest and most important Air Command of the IAF. It consists of 16 Air Force Bases (AFBs), and is responsible for aerial defense of North India. It controls 21 squadrons, of which 13 are jet fighter squadrons.

The Air Marshal believes the J-20, which was had its first public reveal at the Zhuhai Air Show last Nov. 1, is no cause for concern since Rafael also has stealth features.

"The radial cross section of the aircraft (Rafale) is significantly smaller for an aircraft of that size," he said.

"There are many other features too which I would not like to disclose at this stage."

Air Marshal Deo pointed out the J-20 has stealth features only at the front and not in the rear. This means the J-20 is not a true stealth fighter in the same class as the F-35.

"It is important to maintain stealth while using your radar equipment, while opening your bomb bay doors to fire and ensuring how a weapon can quickly come out of the rails and go out. I do not know how far this aircraft is stealth," he said.

He also said it will be some time before the J-20 is operationally fielded but the IAF is prepared for its arrival.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom