What's new

China's new 'carrier killer' for Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder fighter

Yes we know. Don't scare us again and again.

Yes our fighters have missiles. Both BVR and WVR ones.

ur BVR and WVR are not any good against an aircraft carrier.i was asking about cm-400akg. combat with an aircraft carrier is all together a different league.first of all i dont find any credible source for the missile let alone u acquiring it.so lets discuss this when ur airforce gets the misslies and when they actually work.

ur BVR and WVR are not any good against an aircraft carrier.i was asking about cm-400akg. combat with an aircraft carrier is all together a different league.first of all i dont find any credible source for the missile let alone u acquiring it.so lets discuss this when ur airforce gets the misslies and when they actually work.

Yes we have CM-400 AKG and Exocet Anti ship missiles.

8220048265_fddc2a242a_b.jpg

Bhai saab It's effective only when Our Viki will come near your shore and your JF-17s have AWACS cover. Else JF-17s radar won't be even able to lock Viki then how come launch missile on it. But then again I also don't think that handful of Mig-29Ks(12-14) will really do anything in case of land strike. Atleast not until there are 25 Mig-29Ks and which is only possible with 2 CBGs.
Having 1 CBG during war time will have only good advantage in case of Maritime strike and CAP as Mig-29Ks will give a full 850 km radius cover and can destroy surface ships in that range from CBG. Enemy Surface ships will find hard to survive against fighters equipped with anti-ship missiles. Not to mention how helpless will be enemy oil tankers and other ships.

the article u quoted mentions that the missile hits target at 4 mach.the very same article mentions that ur airforce describes it a hyper sonic which means >5mach so whats correct??too many contradictions..do u have any footage of the missile being tested either by ur airforce or by china??in any case the article describes that missile can hit "fixed or slow moving" targets..so is it really effective against our carrier???and that too with a range of 250 km??leave hitting the ship can it even track the ship let alone its course??

indian shor machaye gy ab :D

We have 24 migs on board plus the CBG's, so......how many JF 17 are you planing to send in.
lolz missile hyper sonic ha .. 24 mig take off bhi ni lay paye gy ..aur sach ma kia tumhay pata bhi ha aik AC pay k sy attack kia jata ha ?:?

So all your 24 29Ks will fly to protect the carrier group......

You really don't have any idea of how an attack on a CG is conducted. :)
You really need to start reading "How to protect a carrier group for dummies".

Freestyle Motocross Gloves

lolz missile hyper sonic ha .. 24 mig take off bhi ni lay paye gy ..aur sach ma kia tumhay pata bhi ha aik AC pay k sy attack kia jata ha ?:?
O bhai your JF-17 radar can't even detect Viki when its powerful EW suite is on, let alone launch missile on it. See even aircrafts like Su-33, IL-38's radar couldn't detect it a single time as it made them blind some 400 Kms away, when EW suite was on and I am sure Su-33 or IL-38 have much better and powerful radars than JFT.
INS Vikramaditya has might but little protection against air attacks - Indian Express

Last edited:
What makes you think they shall be detected that early?

The main point is at what range JF-17s should be detected enabling Indian navy to deploy Mig-29s to intercept them.

As far as I know 24 Mig-29s shall be on the carrier. Even if you launch an aircraft every 30 second you still need around 12 minutes to enable 24 Mig-29s to get air borne. Hell of a long time.

That is pretty easy.
AEW aircraft usually fly ahead of the CBG, in this case Ka-31 which has a detection rate of 100-200km.
Forget that the frigates, the destroyers and the AC(Vikramaditya-500km) itself have long ranged radars that can detect aircrafts and engage them.

If I am not wrong the current JFTs have a range of 130km which is no where near the MiG's, Ka-31 or Vikramaditya.

You are forgetting that the frigates and destroyers in the CBG will have SAMs.
You are thoroughly underestimating the firepower they have, its not as easy as shoot and scoot like over land.

Last edited:

Its an english forum so try and reply in english.
How are you planing to deliver those missiles? Throw it with your hand?

Oh damn! Chinese cruise missiles to hit moving targets like ships and ACs? :woot: Gimme a break! This technology has not even been perfected yet by the US and is only in the testing stages. Probably take a couple of years more to iron out the bugs and make it operational.

This new seeker employing Electronic Support Measures (ESM) was recently tested with the Raytheon Tomahawk Block IV cruise missile, as part of the weapon’s product improvement program. The new seeker will enable the cruise missile to engage moving or relocatable targets, including ships or mobile surface-to-air missile sites, identified by their unique electromagnetic signature.

The new seeker can automatically locate and track moving and stationary targets by sensing the electro-magnetic radiation they emit (i.e. radar, communications etc).

So, according to the Chinese and their fan boys, they've stolen a march over the Americans in missile technology!! That's nuts! :P

I really did fall on my a$$ laughing!! :omghaha::rofl:

Pardon my ignorance, but if SAM's and AAM's, ATGM's can hit moving targets (usually much faster), why does it seem so hard for cruise missiles to hit a moving target? Some cruise missiles have the loiter capability too!

Pardon my ignorance, but if SAM's and AAM's, ATGM's can hit moving targets (usually much faster), why does it seem so hard for cruise missiles to hit a moving target? Some cruise missiles have the loiter capability too!
Very good question. I'll put it in a nutshell. You can't destroy an AC with the usual cruise missile. You'd need a big explosive warhead to do that which means a massive increase in the weight of the missile. Which means maneuvering the missile by its intrinsic guidance systems in the terminal phase from stand off OTH ranges on a moving target, which is extremely difficult due to the missile's mass and kinetic energy, unlike the much smaller, lighter and easily maneuverable SAMs, AAMs, ATGMs etc.

The Chinese too are trying to get this technology perfected for their big long range DF series missiles for destroying ACs but have not been successful so far. However, the Americans are getting their Tomahawks equipped with NG explosives to take on moving targets with some new fangled electronic guidance systems to take on small ships and moving land targets. But destroying ACs is another story. You'd require half a dozen such missiles simultaneously to destroy an AC which has its own defensive measures against such attacks as well as the Carrier Strike Group which it is part of.

Last edited:
In all discussion ppl have forgotten one thing, that is JF-17s will not go alone they will be backed by other systems land, sea and submerged, because sinking an ACC is not a joke and PN is a professional force they know all risks involved.

One think I can tell that when Indian CBG will become a major threat in a conflict Pakistan will take all measures to neutralize it, for that measures have been taken but not publicized. The big issue now is not IN's CBG it our economy due to which we cant acquire or develop desired systems.

For those who think that JF-17s will be using its own radar to strike ACC they are living in fools heaven, for that UAVs are going to be used PN and PAF are inducting them not just for recce they are also to acquire targets, if burraq can carry decent load and data link with other system for relaying target data then trust me IN's CBG will be in deep trouble.

And you really thing the JF 17 can come close to Vikramaditya-Mig 29 s flying BARCAP and Kamov AEW helis
The ship itself packs remarkable AD capabilities - Barak 8 missiles,RAN 40 L/ MF STAR radars.

And thats just the AD of the carrier-P 15 A destroyers will lead the CBG and they too have significant AD systems.

And before thinking about that,think how the AKG would be delivered to the Carrier- which is part of a CBG and is located far away from your coast,You would have to face detection and interception from IAF and IN air arm

Well I would say leave all that and dig this- Mig 29 Ks have a combat radius of 850 kg with full internal fuel and can take off with a load of total 5.5 tonnes from Vikramaditya/Vikrant.

And I need not compare the capabilities of mig29 and JF 17....shall I??

@Water Car Engineer

Nice reply mate.

I guess these guys are getting Paranoid of growing capabilities of IN-which is getting 2 40,000 tonne ACs,more SSBNs and SSKs,more stealth frigates,destroyers and corvettes ( that weigh as much as their destroyers).
heck it is a network centric force with itsown dedicated military communication sat...

Carrier Killer missile...lol

Lol @BARCAP.. and barak-8 cancelled program (atleast for india)... rest of your post is typical chest thumping..

Back
Top Bottom