What's new

China's new 'carrier killer' for Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder fighter

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CM-400AKG missile is China's new 'carrier killer': Russian media

CB09N0081H_2012%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87_N71_copy1.JPG

The CM-400AKG supersonic cruise missile designed by Aviation Industry Corporation of China — an export version of China's YJ-12 anti-ship missile — can be used successfully against India's aircraft carrier when launched by Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder fighter, reports the Moscow-based Russian Military Analysis website.

The CM-400AKG was demonstrated to the public for the first time during the Zhuhai airshow last year. The YJ-12 was originally designed to be used against multiple targets including US aircraft carriers with a combat range of 500 kilometers and can be carried by various platforms such as bombers like the H-6 and JH-7, fighter jets such as the J-11B, J-15, J-16 and Su-30MKK and Type 052D destroyers. However, the range of the CM-400AKG has been reduced to 250 kilometers to meet export restrictions of the international Missile Technology Control Regime.

The missile can be launched when the aircraft reaches speeds of between 750 and 800 kilometers an hour, the report said. The speed of the Chinese supersonic cruise missile is between mach 3.5 to mach 4. It can be equipped with high-explosive and armor-piercing warheads. Insiders said that the missile was designed for the FC-1 Xiaolong also known as JF-17 Thunder, a fighter jointly developed by China and Pakistan.

The Indian navy currently has two aircraft carriers in service, a Russian-built INS Vikramaditya and a British-built INS Viraat, while two domestic Vikrant-class vessels are still in construction. Anti-ship cruise missiles such as the YJ-12 and CM-400AKG are thus crucial for both China and Pakistan to compete against their common enemy in the Indian Ocean region, the report said.

CM-400AKG missile is China's new 'carrier killer': Russian media|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

For Pete's sake, its just a very high speed AShM, I still don't see how people call it impervious to missile defense and what not.

The indian carrier will be stationed some 3000 kms away from the Pakistani shore, so out of the range of a JF-17...

:)

8220048265_fddc2a242a_b.jpg
The indian carrier will be stationed some 3000 kms away from the Pakistani shore, so out of the range of a JF-17...

And you think JF 17 wil penetrate ADs of all other ships in the CBG & evade detection from the AEW aircraft and Vikys radar?

And the JF 17 would be intercepted by Mig 29 Ks long before it can come in range of vikramaditya.

Heck the Zhuk ME radar on the mig will see JF 17 before it can see the mig,and would fire a BVRAAM.

game over .

And you think JF 17 wil penetrate ADs of all other ships in the CBG & evade detection from the AEW aircraft and Vikys radar?

And the JF 17 would be intercepted by Mig 29 Ks long before it can come in range of vikramaditya.

Heck the Zhuk ME radar on the mig will see JF 17 before it can see the mig,and would fire a BVRAAM.

game over .

Do you really think that a single JF-17 will come to attack a carrier group.... lol
If your navy also thinks like you, then the job will be more easier than expected...... :)

Do you really think that a single JF-17 will come to attack a carrier group.... lol
If your navy also thinks like you, then the job will be more easier than expected...... :)
We have 24 migs on board plus the CBG's, so......how many JF 17 are you planing to send in.

We have 24 migs on board plus the CBG's, so......how many JF 17 are you planing to send in.

So all your 24 29Ks will fly to protect the carrier group......

You really don't have any idea of how an attack on a CG is conducted. :)
You really need to start reading "How to protect a carrier group for dummies".

Nobody here mentioned about all 24 taking off, do you ave an answer to my previous post?

And you really thing the JF 17 can come close to Vikramaditya-Mig 29 s flying BARCAP and Kamov AEW helis
The ship itself packs remarkable AD capabilities - Barak 8 missiles,RAN 40 L/ MF STAR radars.

And thats just the AD of the carrier-P 15 A destroyers will lead the CBG and they too have significant AD systems.

And before thinking about that,think how the AKG would be delivered to the Carrier- which is part of a CBG and is located far away from your coast,You would have to face detection and interception from IAF and IN air arm

Well I would say leave all that and dig this- Mig 29 Ks have a combat radius of 850 kg with full internal fuel and can take off with a load of total 5.5 tonnes from Vikramaditya/Vikrant.

And I need not compare the capabilities of mig29 and JF 17....shall I??

@Water Car Engineer

Nice reply mate.

I guess these guys are getting Paranoid of growing capabilities of IN-which is getting 2 40,000 tonne ACs,more SSBNs and SSKs,more stealth frigates,destroyers and corvettes ( that weigh as much as their destroyers).
heck it is a network centric force with itsown dedicated military communication sat...

Carrier Killer missile...lol

Last edited:
And you really thing the JF 17 can come close to Vikramaditya-Mig 29 s flying BARCAP and Kamov AEW helis
The ship itself packs remarkable AD capabilities - Barak 8 missiles,RAN 40 L/ MF STAR radars.

And thats just the AD of the carrier-P 15 A destroyers will lead the CBG and they too have significant AD systems.

And before thinking about that,think how the AKG would be delivered to the Carrier- which is part of a CBG and is located far away from your coast,You would have to face detection and interception from IAF and IN air arm

Well I would say leave all that and dig this- Mig 29 Ks have a combat radius of 850 kg with full internal fuel and can take off with a load of total 5.5 tonnes from Vikramaditya/Vikrant.

And I need not compare the capabilities of mig29 and JF 17....shall I??

Who said
that the JF-17s will come alone......
that JF-17s will engage the 29s in air to air.....

What's the use of a CBG if you want all of the IN & IAF just to defend it.

Who said
that the JF-17s will come alone......
that JF-17s will engage the 29s in air to air.....

What's the use of a CBG if you want all of the IN & IAF just to defend it.

You are thoroughly underestimating a CSG's attack capabilities.
The US Navy Aircraft Carriers

BTW JF-17 engaging a MiG is one thing, winning against it is whole another thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom