What's new

China's Discreet Hold on Pakistan's Northern Borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us who've been there & have family there never saw them in any of our encounters; maybe they only come out at night or in the wee hours of morning !

My own Dad has been to Muzafarabad twice since the earthquake & my cousins are from there studying in Lahore - Khudaa janeiii 11,000 Chinese hain ya Wraiths ke nazar hiii nahin aaateiiii ? :blink:

They are not supposed to be seen by ordinary folks because they are not meant to be there at all.

pakistan should hand over sindh to india. Why only china? We also have our historical claims.

The UN mandate has stipulated a lot of points to be fulfilled before the talks of a resolution even takes place, and all along this time one cannot leave the living population at bay with giving them infrastructure or governance, but the criteria is anyone of us can object and in the casee of India we do sought out Pakistans permission when required...the chinese presence and construction is illegal because India objects to it and they also deny their presence and construction activity vehemently. They are continuing to do it under the guise of consultation work and that is why there is a media blackout there and no outsiders are allowed.

First off I can't recall what permission India sought & I can't imagine it being anything more than lip service on a dam or two !

Secondly, there is no media black out & outsiders are indeed allowed - Thats what most of us have been hollering about for the past 1 hour on this thread ! Mate, I've got family in AJK (Muzafarabad), my Dad was there just recently, I was there in the early '00s & I went up til Swat in GB, my teacher went there & all the way uptil Hunza yesteryear for his honeymoon, I've got Baltis in the neighborhood who've come to Lahore for studies & my Dad's colleague here in Lahore is from Swat !

They are not supposed to be seen by ordinary folks because they are not meant to be there at all.

Be reasonable here - A few thousand Chinese can't be hidden in warehouses & buildings in a small & close knit society as the many villages & smaller towns & cities that are located in GB & AJK !

Make that alcohol instead of lassi and no not grappling, striking, I can't grapple with you- you're too big- striking it is.

None of us our civilized, young nations still learning how to stand up in many ways...maybe in the next century..when I'll have gone the swan's way and you'll be in your grave.

I was thinking more along the lines of having you preserved like Lenin ! :unsure:

And no I'm not going in any grave - I'm claustrophobic ! :fie:

Get me embalmed too & make me a proper Pharaonic Mausoleum. Call my final resting place as the Palace of Heavenly Pleasures & make it a strip club afterwards with me buried right in the center of it......! :D

First off I can't recall what permission India sought & I can't imagine it being anything more than lip service on a dam or two !

Secondly, there is no media black out & outsiders are indeed allowed - Thats what most of us have been hollering about for the past 1 hour on this thread ! Mate, I've got family in AJK (Muzafarabad), my Dad was there just recently, I was there in the early '00s & I went up til Swat in GB, my teacher went there & all the way uptil Hunza yesteryear for his honeymoon, I've got Baltis in the neighborhood who've come to Lahore for studies & my Dad's colleague here in Lahore is from Swat !

Be reasonable here - A few thousand Chinese can't be hidden in warehouses & buildings in a small & close knit society as the many villages & smaller towns & cities that are located in GB & AJK !

Actually India got sly and got the WB to veto funding for the the Diamer dam in the area on the issue of India giving a NOC for it since it was to be built on disputed territory...it was one of those less than commendable moves but needs must.

Btw when are you coming over.. apply for a VISA man...mil jaega albeit with difficulty although visiting Kashmir will probably not be possible..but we can always shoot the breeze. :yay:

Actually India got sly and got the WB to veto funding for the the Diamer dam in the area on the issue of India giving a NOC for it since it was to be built on disputed territory...it was one of those less than commendable moves but needs must.

There is that but he was asserting that India asked for Pakistan's permission on some construction on the Indian side !

At any rate we know how things work & principles have very little to do with anything.

Btw when are you coming over.. apply for a VISA man...mil jaega albeit with difficulty although visiting Kashmir will probably not be possible..but we can always shoot the breeze. :yay:

My Phopo visited India back when the relations were getting better (early '00s I think) & India left an impressionable mark on her.....especially the Bhel Purri walaaa in Delhi or Agra (I can't remember which) who saw a cow urinating nearby, rushed to it, cupped his hands underneath the you know where & came back & sprinkled most of that heavenly nectar on the Bhel Puri he was selling & my Phopo had just finished a plate off it - Dammn it....usss ke baaad aaaj tukk unhunn neiii Bhel Puri ko haaath nahin lagayaaa beishak jahaaan maaarziii seii lei kar aur jitnii marziii tassaliii dei kar humm khelaneiii ka kahainnn - Damn you zalimoooon.....damn you ! :omghaha:

Maybe in the next couple of decades I'd pay India a visit - Not in this one ! :)

why is this thread a thing? It's been 3 years and nothing has happened. Mods should lock down this thread.

Looks like somebody doesnt know how to read dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom