What's new

China's appliance company in Pakistan

艹艹艹

Reaction score
Country
China

eca86bd9df0418e0799517.jpg

The Haier Watch, which goes on sale in the second half of 2016, can be connected to the Haiersmartphone so users can remote control their phones. A view of Haier's stand at the Mobile WorldCongress.

LAHORE, Pakistan - Chinese home appliance maker Haier has been lighting up the lives of a lotof Pakistanis for many reasons.
"I have learnt a lot from the Chinese technicians, and my current income is enough to support aneight-member family," said Pakistani worker Shehzad at a Chinese refrigerator factory in thesuburbs of Lahore.

The factory belongs to the Chinese household appliance giant Haier, which teamed with theRuba company of Pakistan to set up the Haier-Ruba Economic Zone in 2006, China's firsteconomic zone overseas.

"Of the total of hundreds of Pakistani workers in the workshop, only 40 can work on all theproduction lines and I am one of them," Shehzad said.

The refrigerators from Shehzad's factory have been specially designed for the Pakistani market,which helps to make Haier the largest foreign household appliance provider since it first enteredthe country in 2001.

Pakistan's temperature can reach over 50 degrees Celsius in summer, which spells anenormous demand for ice and cold drinks. So Haier has developed high-power refrigerators andfreezers, which are popular among local consumers and occupy the second-largest market sharein Pakistan.

Another example is Haier's washing machines. As Pakistanis are accustomed to using manyblankets and wearing traditional shalwar kameez dress, which amount to quite a lot of laundry forhousewives to wash at one time, Haier has enhanced the capacity of its washing machines.Moreover, Haier's washing machines have an "auto-start" function, enabling them to restart whenthe power supply is resumed after a power cut, a frequent occurrence in Pakistan.

Besides refrigerators and washing machines, air conditioners, TV sets and microwave ovensare among Haier's products. They are very popular among locals and account for 32 percent ofthe $3 billion market value of Pakistan's household appliances.

"I have bought my mom a Haier refrigerator in 2009. Despite the poor electricity supply inPakistan which can do great harm to household appliances, the refrigerator has functioned wellup to now," said Bhaddi, a resident in Pakistan's capital Islamabad.

Bhaddi added that his mother, his older sister and himself are all using Haier products.

A total of 20 Chinese technicians and 3,800 local workers are working in the Haier-RubaEconomic Zone, with a floor space of 330,000 square meters.

In the eyes of Pakistani consumers, Haier Group is not only a high-quality provider of electricalappliances, but also a contributor to the friendship between China and Pakistan.

Haier has donated 150,000 dollars to help Pakistan's flood victims in 2010. It has also providedfood and built shelters for the homeless after the earthquake in 2005. Moreover, it has run asocial organization which provides lengthy humanitarian aid for Pakistani hospitals.

The CEO of Pakistan's Ruba company, Javed Afridi, said that apart from Haier, his company hassigned cooperative agreements with 11 Chinese-funded companies. "The China-PakistanEconomic Corridor (CPEC) is a gold mine," Afridi said.

The CPEC, a major pilot project under China's Belt and Road Initiative, highlighting energy,transport, the Gwadar port and industrial cooperation at the current stage, has formed the "1+4"layout, and will seek to expand cooperation to such sectors as finance, science and technology,education, poverty alleviation, and urban planning.

Haier Mobile – CEO Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi Speaks at MWC Shanghai

CEO Haier Mobile – Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi earned the honor of becoming among the few Pakistanis from the mobile phone industry to speak at MWC Shanghai, a prestigious global event by GSMA. The session was well received by the participants and the speech was acknowledged as the best at the session.

Haier-Mobile-1.jpg

In the session, Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi put light on the efforts in the field of technology and healthcare raised byHaier Mobile and Haier Group in Pakistan. Moreover, Mr. Qureshi elaborated. the collaboration with PITB to launch a technology to monitor the activities of health officers. For this purpose, around 10,000 customized smartphones have been launched initially.

Haier-Mobile-2.jpg

The Haier Mobile CEO was joined by global counterparts Jason Zheng (Senior Vice President Qualcomm),Aasim Saied (CEO of Akyumen Technologies), and Lian Zhu (GM Axon Series of ZTE) among others.

Haier-Mobile-3.jpg

Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi was also interviewed by Steve Castello from EU GSMA. In the television interview session, the CEO talked about the company projects and plans that they have lined up for future.

Haier-Mobile-4.jpg

After his session at MWC, CEO Haier Mobile, Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi, said:

“Dear All, by the grace of the Almighty, i have just concluded my session on Hardware Innovation at the Mobile World Congress in Shanghai. I have earned the honor of becoming among the few Pakistanis from the mobile phone industry to speak at such a prestigious global event by the GSMA. Alhamdolilah, the session was well received by the participants and my speech was acknowledged as the best at the session. I was joined by global counterparts from Qualcomm, ZTE and IDC amongst others. I highlighted our efforts in Pakistan, specifically our project with PITB and its role in improving provision of efficient healthcare solutions to Pakistanis. The role of Ruba Group and Haier in transferring technology to Pakistan and setting up the first ever assembly line for laptops and mobile phones in Pakistan was also highlighted”.

He talked about technology trends in Pakistan, neighboring countries environment, emerging markets situation, assembly and SKD situation, and localization and customization level.

MWC Shanghai is Asia’s biggest mobile industry event. Thousands of visionary leaders and tech-savy consumers gathers to experience a connected life and also to discover and experience latest mobile innovations.

The three-day exhibition, starting from 29 June and ending on 1 July, runs alongside a two-day industry’s leading conference. More than 50,000 professionals and consumers are estimated to attend the event.

Very nice of Haier to invite Mr. Qureshi to speak about the Pakistani mobile market at the conference.

eca86bd9df0418e0799517.jpg

The Haier Watch, which goes on sale in the second half of 2016, can be connected to the Haiersmartphone so users can remote control their phones. A view of Haier's stand at the Mobile WorldCongress.

LAHORE, Pakistan - Chinese home appliance maker Haier has been lighting up the lives of a lotof Pakistanis for many reasons.
"I have learnt a lot from the Chinese technicians, and my current income is enough to support aneight-member family," said Pakistani worker Shehzad at a Chinese refrigerator factory in thesuburbs of Lahore.

The factory belongs to the Chinese household appliance giant Haier, which teamed with theRuba company of Pakistan to set up the Haier-Ruba Economic Zone in 2006, China's firsteconomic zone overseas.

"Of the total of hundreds of Pakistani workers in the workshop, only 40 can work on all theproduction lines and I am one of them," Shehzad said.

The refrigerators from Shehzad's factory have been specially designed for the Pakistani market,which helps to make Haier the largest foreign household appliance provider since it first enteredthe country in 2001.

Pakistan's temperature can reach over 50 degrees Celsius in summer, which spells anenormous demand for ice and cold drinks. So Haier has developed high-power refrigerators andfreezers, which are popular among local consumers and occupy the second-largest market sharein Pakistan.

Another example is Haier's washing machines. As Pakistanis are accustomed to using manyblankets and wearing traditional shalwar kameez dress, which amount to quite a lot of laundry forhousewives to wash at one time, Haier has enhanced the capacity of its washing machines.Moreover, Haier's washing machines have an "auto-start" function, enabling them to restart whenthe power supply is resumed after a power cut, a frequent occurrence in Pakistan.

Besides refrigerators and washing machines, air conditioners, TV sets and microwave ovensare among Haier's products. They are very popular among locals and account for 32 percent ofthe $3 billion market value of Pakistan's household appliances.

"I have bought my mom a Haier refrigerator in 2009. Despite the poor electricity supply inPakistan which can do great harm to household appliances, the refrigerator has functioned wellup to now," said Bhaddi, a resident in Pakistan's capital Islamabad.

Bhaddi added that his mother, his older sister and himself are all using Haier products.

A total of 20 Chinese technicians and 3,800 local workers are working in the Haier-RubaEconomic Zone, with a floor space of 330,000 square meters.

In the eyes of Pakistani consumers, Haier Group is not only a high-quality provider of electricalappliances, but also a contributor to the friendship between China and Pakistan.

Haier has donated 150,000 dollars to help Pakistan's flood victims in 2010. It has also providedfood and built shelters for the homeless after the earthquake in 2005. Moreover, it has run asocial organization which provides lengthy humanitarian aid for Pakistani hospitals.

The CEO of Pakistan's Ruba company, Javed Afridi, said that apart from Haier, his company hassigned cooperative agreements with 11 Chinese-funded companies. "The China-PakistanEconomic Corridor (CPEC) is a gold mine," Afridi said.

The CPEC, a major pilot project under China's Belt and Road Initiative, highlighting energy,transport, the Gwadar port and industrial cooperation at the current stage, has formed the "1+4"layout, and will seek to expand cooperation to such sectors as finance, science and technology,education, poverty alleviation, and urban planning.

Haier Mobile – CEO Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi Speaks at MWC Shanghai

CEO Haier Mobile – Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi earned the honor of becoming among the few Pakistanis from the mobile phone industry to speak at MWC Shanghai, a prestigious global event by GSMA. The session was well received by the participants and the speech was acknowledged as the best at the session.

Haier-Mobile-1.jpg

In the session, Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi put light on the efforts in the field of technology and healthcare raised byHaier Mobile and Haier Group in Pakistan. Moreover, Mr. Qureshi elaborated. the collaboration with PITB to launch a technology to monitor the activities of health officers. For this purpose, around 10,000 customized smartphones have been launched initially.

Haier-Mobile-2.jpg

The Haier Mobile CEO was joined by global counterparts Jason Zheng (Senior Vice President Qualcomm),Aasim Saied (CEO of Akyumen Technologies), and Lian Zhu (GM Axon Series of ZTE) among others.

Haier-Mobile-3.jpg

Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi was also interviewed by Steve Castello from EU GSMA. In the television interview session, the CEO talked about the company projects and plans that they have lined up for future.

Haier-Mobile-4.jpg

After his session at MWC, CEO Haier Mobile, Mr. Zeeshan Qureshi, said:

“Dear All, by the grace of the Almighty, i have just concluded my session on Hardware Innovation at the Mobile World Congress in Shanghai. I have earned the honor of becoming among the few Pakistanis from the mobile phone industry to speak at such a prestigious global event by the GSMA. Alhamdolilah, the session was well received by the participants and my speech was acknowledged as the best at the session. I was joined by global counterparts from Qualcomm, ZTE and IDC amongst others. I highlighted our efforts in Pakistan, specifically our project with PITB and its role in improving provision of efficient healthcare solutions to Pakistanis. The role of Ruba Group and Haier in transferring technology to Pakistan and setting up the first ever assembly line for laptops and mobile phones in Pakistan was also highlighted”.

He talked about technology trends in Pakistan, neighboring countries environment, emerging markets situation, assembly and SKD situation, and localization and customization level.

MWC Shanghai is Asia’s biggest mobile industry event. Thousands of visionary leaders and tech-savy consumers gathers to experience a connected life and also to discover and experience latest mobile innovations.

The three-day exhibition, starting from 29 June and ending on 1 July, runs alongside a two-day industry’s leading conference. More than 50,000 professionals and consumers are estimated to attend the event.

We are about to see more joint ventures b/w iron brothers in coming decade.....Just let the CPEC gets operational, everything will work fine.....:-) :pakistan::china:

Pakistan's mobile market has great potential
Indeed. With one of the world's largest populations, and a rising middle class, the market is increasing rapidly in Pakistan. The more companies trying to meet the demand, the better.

If we hand the entire administration over to the Chinese then we will leap 50yrs ahead in just 5yrs. Our leaders are our own enemies.

Back
Top Bottom