What's new

China willing to help India in COVID-19 fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tresbon

Reaction score
Country
China
China is willing to help India as it fights a surge in coronavirus cases, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Thursday.

China is aware that the epidemic in India has been severe recently, and there is a temporary shortage of necessary materials for epidemic prevention, said Wang Wenbin, a spokesman at the foreign ministry. He was responding to a question at a regular media briefing about what action China is taking in view of the spreading epidemic in India.

"China is willing to provide the necessary support and help," Wang said, without giving details of what such assistance might consist of. "The novel coronavirus is a common enemy of all mankind, and the global community needs to unite as one to fight against epidemics."

India recorded nearly 315,000 new coronavirus infections on Thursday and its health services are struggling to cope. Health officials in northern and western India said they were in crisis, with most hospitals full and running out of oxygen.

India’s overinflated ego won’t accept the help. Modi has talked about being a rival to China in pandemic assistance to the world. If he accepts China’s help, it will be a total humiliation for him.

China is willing to help India as it fights a surge in coronavirus cases, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Thursday.

China is aware that the epidemic in India has been severe recently, and there is a temporary shortage of necessary materials for epidemic prevention, said Wang Wenbin, a spokesman at the foreign ministry. He was responding to a question at a regular media briefing about what action China is taking in view of the spreading epidemic in India.

"China is willing to provide the necessary support and help," Wang said, without giving details of what such assistance might consist of. "The novel coronavirus is a common enemy of all mankind, and the global community needs to unite as one to fight against epidemics."

India recorded nearly 315,000 new coronavirus infections on Thursday and its health services are struggling to cope. Health officials in northern and western India said they were in crisis, with most hospitals full and running out of oxygen.

Remove soldiers from border and disengage if they seriously want to help. But then it is just a diplomatic heropanti.

India’s overinflated ego won’t accept the help. Modi has talked about being a rival to China in pandemic assistance to the world. If he accepts China’s help, it will be a total humiliation for him.

This is a hardcore flex on India. It is calling into question their entire vaccination and covid countermeasure policies.

Sometimes your pride is more important than anything else. That’s what makes people with pride go hungry but not accept alms. India is in much better position than that. 135 million already vaccinated. This spike will come under control in no time.

After what China did in Galwan by breaking all the existing norms and agreements, China will always remain a low life country for Indians.

China can keep its vaccine and help. Share it with it’s friends and poor countries.

I do wonder why is China offering it to India but not ADEQUATE QUANTITY to a lot of African nations and friends like Pakistan? The availability of vaccine in Pakistan is so low that it would take them 135 years to vaccinate the entire country.China can help them in this? Isn’t it? But they wouldn’t because they don’t want to while showing off to India.

This showing off and hubris brings out the true character of Chinese.

Last edited:
Unless India Modi send his personal SOS to Chinese President Xi, IMO China should stop behaving like a nosy neighbour.

Why bother?

Democratic India is more than capable of solving all its problems on its own.

Let's not forget..
Ungrateful people won't even says "Thank You".
And will even accuse China of showing off.

Anyway the spokesman for China FM merely expressed his reply in response to a question by a reporter.

Last edited:
Remove soldiers from border and disengage if they seriously want to help. But then it is just a diplomatic heropanti.
Sometimes your pride is more important than anything else. That’s what makes people with pride go hungry but not accept alms. India is in much better position than that. 135 million already vaccinated. This spike will come under control in no time.

After what China did in Galwan by breaking all the existing norms and agreements China will always remain a low life country for Indians.

China can keep its vaccine and help. Share it with it’s friends and poor countries.

I do wonder why is China offering it to India but not ADEQUATE QUANTITY to a lot of African nations and friends like Pakistan? The availability of vaccine in Pakistan is so low that it would take them 135 years to vaccinate the entire country.China can help them in this? Isn’t it? But they wouldn’t because they don’t want to while showing off to India.

This showing off and hubris brings out the true character of Chinese.
This is a human tragedy in India and i have my sympathies with Indian people who are losing their loved ones in scores.

Being proud with what you are is fine but ignoring the ground realities and chest thumping is idiotic. While Chinese are occupying your land, the trade still continues with two countries. In fact India side wants more Chinese investment without asking China to remove her soldiers from the occupied land.

Pakistan and India has been bleeding each other for long anyone can remember but Pakistan still buys medicines and raw materials from India. Pakistani patients have been going to India to avail best available medical assistance. I don't see a shame here because a human's life is more important than my nationalistic ego.

If i were you, i would take whatever help available because it isn't the time to chest thump.

@VkdIndian Pls provide source which says Pakistan will take 135 years to vaccinate and do point out that it it due to absence of vaccine.

The report says that India will take little over 3 years to vaccinate, Pakistan 10 years (Due to indifference to medical risk) Germany over a year.

@HRK @krash if this guy can't provide source for 135 years, pls take care of him.

Pls provide source which says Pakistan will take 135 years to vaccinate and do point out that it it due to absence of vaccine.

This is a human tragedy in India and i have my sympathies with Indian people who are losing their loved ones in scores.

Being proud with what you are is fine but ignoring the ground realities and chest thumping is idiotic. While Chinese are occupying your land, the trade still continues with two countries. In fact India side wants more Chinese investment without asking China to remove her soldiers from the occupied land.

Pakistan and India has been bleeding each other for long anyone can remember but Pakistan still buys medicines and raw materials from India. Pakistani patients have been going to India to avail best available medical assistance. I don't see a shame here because a human's life is more important than my nationalistic ego.

I agree and disagree with you. Agree on the aspect of chest thumping and trade. But there is no absolute fact or path in these matters. The offer by China doesn’t appear to be made with the intentions of help but to prove a point. That is where pride comes into play and decision to say ‘No thank you’.

India has atleast a decent immunisation program going. There are scores of nations who need it badly due to money as well as vaccine availability.
Has China made a similar offer to them? If yes then not with the same vigour as to India.
The report says that India will take little over 3 years to vaccinate, Pakistan 10 years (Due to indifference to medical risk) Germany over a year.

Source please.

Pride, geopolitics, ground realities etc are sometimes mixed up and a little decluttering is required to see the clear picture.

Last edited:
It's good. After India having given refuge to 100,000 Chinese citizens - it's nice that the Chinese are considering a humanitarian gesture for a change.

Pride, geopolitics, ground realities etc are sometimes mixed up and a little decluttering is required to see the clear picture.
//As per the same report, India will acquire herd immunity through vaccination in a little over three years.//

It is bloomberg tracker that says so, no where did you get 135 years from?
Has China made a similar offer to them? If yes then not with the same vigour as to India

thediplomat-2021-03-23-10.jpg

Last edited:
India is capable of two front war. It's India threatening Chinese on the border, we are scared.

Our soldiers on the border are just hostage of India, on India's mercy.

So no need to remove our solder, they are not a threat at all, completely self-defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom