What's new

China to upgrade radar of Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter aircraft

They are going to retrofit Block II with HMS and AESA, that was the rumour 6 months ago. PDF people generally poo pahed it, but now I think it might be real.

Prepare to die, MKI!
:disagree: No you are all wrong

Not completely, the initial “upgrade” is the block-III. Although it is possible a block-II airframe may go through as a testbed.

Will it require to re-design the Nose of JF ?

Are they talking about Block III or Block II ????

I think it's block II
Cause the caption says upgrade that means they gonna upgrade the existing JF-17 with KLJ-7A I guess

so that Diamond nose necessary for AESA is just shaskay ?
Yeah
There is no Diamond nose thing needed as such. The diamond nose is usually shaping on aircraft to reduce their RCS by deflecting some of the incoming waves. This diamon nose interaction isn’t stand alone and the rest of the aircraft shape plays an integral part in that interaction.

This has one of the most potent AESA radars active today, do you see a diamond anywhere?
E979605B-F0A9-4182-BAFA-8F6BB510C9C5.jpeg

Upgrade is for Block II. Blk III is built in.
LPI capable Thunder and the current Blk II ECM and RWR have displayed the ability to detect LPI signatures.
Sir can you elaborate further for layman like me . What is LPI and RWR ?

Will it require to re-design the Nose of JF ?

Yeah
There is no Diamond nose thing needed as such. The diamond nose is usually shaping on aircraft to reduce their RCS by deflecting some of the incoming waves. This diamon nose interaction isn’t stand alone and the rest of the aircraft shape plays an integral part in that interaction.

This has one of the most potent AESA radars active today, do you see a diamond anywhere?
View attachment 462382

The shape of the nose is critical with respect to the rest of the fuselage.

The shape of the nose and the length of it, decides how the aircraft will behave in transsonic and supersonic speed.

Back
Top Bottom