What's new

China to pay huge price if it does not stop skirmishes with neighbours

So what? We are friends with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan. They want our presence to ensure peace and stability in South Asia.

BULL. China works behind the scenes to topples regimes that are unfriendly to CHina in such nations.

A lot of people seem to think respect comes from not causing trouble.

Is that why India is so respected around the world and not at all ignored?

You want respect you take it.

American got its respect through the 2 world wars and the victory in the Cold war as well as it's economic prowess.

China right now is not respected, not because it is doing these things, it wouldn't be respected anyways, regardless of them. However once China solves these disputes in a manner favorable to China that will change.

Also this isn't a dynastic war where IF China went to war with say India, it's not like the Philippines and Vietnam and Japan will declare war, or vice versa.

China can easily take its time and pick them off one by one, IF that is the intention, though I think the current Chinese army wants to do the bulk of the battle on the negotiation table.

A lot of people seem to think respect comes from not causing trouble.

Is that why India is so respected around the world and not at all ignored?

You want respect you take it.

American got its respect through the 2 world wars and the victory in the Cold war as well as it's economic prowess.

China right now is not respected, not because it is doing these things, it wouldn't be respected anyways, regardless of them. However once China solves these disputes in a manner favorable to China that will change.

Also this isn't a dynastic war where IF China went to war with say India, it's not like the Philippines and Vietnam and Japan will declare war, or vice versa.

China can easily take its time and pick them off one by one, IF that is the intention, though I think the current Chinese army wants to do the bulk of the battle on the negotiation table.

There is a difference between intention and compulsion.

Courtesy 1962, 1967, 1987.. china understands it can't achieve anything by force.

It has been long journey from 1962 conflict .... to 2013 tenting.

Still, the "tenting" shows that some pockets of PLA still have fancy dreams... perhaps, acting without much support from beijing.

Anyways, "tenting" will only make the negotiation process longer ... since that much more time will be needed to rebuild the trust necessary for negotiations.

India is not in a hurry.. either...

China should have picked its battles not plunge headlong into everything that comes its way. What did it achieve by making a symbolic gesture of pitching tents is beyond me. No substantiated benefits instead took needless panga with us.
This policy of talk softly but carry a big stick is losing charm and effectiveness. Hope our leadership understands this and ups the ante.
Chinese are getting overconfident that they can handle India, Japan, Vietnam and USA altogether. Time for a reality check??

China should have picked its battles not plunge headlong into everything that comes its way. What did it achieve by making a symbolic gesture of pitching tents is beyond me. No substantiated benefits instead took needless panga with us.
This policy of talk softly but carry a big stick is losing charm and effectiveness. Hope our leadership understands this and ups the ante.
Chinese are getting overconfident that they can handle India, Japan, Vietnam and USA altogether. Time for a reality check??

They will do a reality check... but only after their "thousand year reich" has fallen and Xi Jinping commits suicide in an underground bunker in a corner of beijing.

History repeats itself, but fools never learn from it. :laugh:

China needs these so-called “skirmishes” to speed up its modernization,especially its defence industry。

Motivation is KEY。

A nation rises through hardships and challenges。

It is also about time to resolve issues related to disputed territories。

History must rectify itself,peacefully or otherwise。

TO MY INDIAN BROTHERS... Hey guys I'm new to PDF and read most of the comments here. I agree its surely going to be disastrous for any country not only china to open a multi frontal war. I know there is no deficiency of courage with our military but the same thing lacks heavily with our minister that's the only reason which has preserved the PLA troops in India. This could send a wrong reply to our chinese friends who are simply to much ambitious. We all indians have know doubt at our armed forces that they can defend us from any possible threat but war always hampers the economy. According to me (I don't know what other indians think but I respect their opinions as well) we should avoid any military confrontation with our chinese friends at least till 2020.

TO MY INDIAN BROTHERS... Hey guys I'm new to PDF and read most of the comments here. I agree its surely going to be disastrous for any country not only china to open a multi frontal war. I know there is no deficiency of courage with our military but the same thing lacks heavily with our minister that's the only reason which has preserved the PLA troops in India. This could send a wrong reply to our chinese friends who are simply to much ambitious. We all indians have know doubt at our armed forces that they can defend us from any possible threat but war always hampers the economy. According to me (I don't know what other indians think but I respect their opinions as well) we should avoid any military confrontation with our chinese friends at least till 2020.
welcome to pdf..

Welcome to pdf

Poor jingoistic article. Gone are the days when Japanese Navy could have easily decimated PLAN.

India and China both need to be cautious here. India by not paying heed to all this hyperbole courtesy of the West and Western paid Indian media, and China by avoiding the unnecessary needling on the Indo-China border.

Have you ever known a country to follow an article as it foreign policy objective?

Maybe India should let the Chinese troops camp there and do something in 2020?

Back
Top Bottom