What's new

China, silent on Imran arrest, backs Pakistan Army as ‘defender of stability’

[...]
The history of the coup in Pakistan, is that the military takes over for a decade, the economy grows, and then the politicians take over for another decade, all kinds of chaos, and then the military takes over, and then the next cycle
I keep on repeating this here over and over again

Last edited:
Doing what homie? Lobbying in America ?

Destroying relations with friendly state?
The way he humiliated Malaysia, turkey, Qatar and even KSA ? All in one go?

The way the man destroyed PIA and caused 2 billion USD loss ?

Even this case you don't seem to understand is linked to Malik Riaz and his 190 million pounds, the British govt handed the Pak ?

Trust me I even got proof of his sister's corruption. Do you know the salai machine was granted hundreds of acres of land in southern Punjab?

That included a few acres of yours truly. I personally went to meet the AC and paid the patwari a visit ... I stopped encroachment physically with my men. Baji machine had sent even drilling machine and tube well setup to install on land that is legally mine.

My apologies my dear brother I got my wires crossed in this thread I thought it was on imran khan. It was a terrible mistake on my part I’m so sorry to hear you and your family had to incur finically losses and I can imagine the stress of these choors. Praying this whole nightmare will end for all us decent Pakistanis, Salam.

Unlike USA, China only cares about its investment and interest and don't usually poke its nose into other country's internal matters unless it's HK, TW, or SCS. So they'll always support & talk to the GOVT of Pakistan no matter which party is in power (including the most powerful political party the ARMY).
True, China is in no position to comment on Pakistan's domestic affairs, China works with every Pakistani government, as for how the government is formed, it's not China's business.

China wants IK removed, he halted most CPEC projects during his term. Most Chinese believe he is a west installed mole now. Sad to see he is still fooling the masses even to this day.
He halted CPEC projects because they were not generating a dime for Pakistanis

China wants IK removed, he halted most CPEC projects during his term. Most Chinese believe he is a west installed mole now. Sad to see he is still fooling the masses even to this day.
you have no buisness in deciding that. China can take its cpec and shove it up their ***! Its pakisanis who will decide!

CPEC is specifically structured to be loss making for the Chinese.

Pakistan's entire foreign reserve is funded by CPEC loans.

This is why Pakistan was able to live high on the hog while having negative productivity.

Is generating Billions for Chinese. Which other country will buy used power plants with 27% ROI.

CPEC is basically a gun to the heads of Chinese companies to lose money in Pakistan to help Pakistan develop.

CPEC only had a marginal positive yield to begin with, and within the first default. (The first time that debt relief was given to Pakistan by China), it became negative yielding.

The only question is how negative the yield will be in the future.

Long term infra projects are never meant to generate short term revenues, but they are crucial for future growth.

your typical American shortsightedness is on full display here, no wonder your own infrastructure is falling apart.

you have no buisness in deciding that. China can take its cpec and shove it up their ***! Its pakisanis who will decide!
You ain't deciding shit. Have fun crawling under military dictatorship for the next 40 years. :wave:

Pakistanis over CPEC, TPEC, or OPEC - come what may come
No hate to any country but our people come first

Long term infra projects are never meant to generate short term revenues, but they are crucial for future growth.

your typical American shortsightedness is on full display here, no wonder your own infrastructure is falling apart.

define short term and long term

at the end of the day all of the projects are over-priced

CPEC is specifically structured to be loss making for the Chinese.

Pakistan's entire foreign reserve is funded by CPEC loans.

This is why Pakistan was able to live high on the hog while having negative productivity.

CPEC is basically a gun to the heads of Chinese companies to lose money in Pakistan to help Pakistan develop.

CPEC only had a marginal positive yield to begin with, and within the first default. (The first time that debt relief was given to Pakistan by China), it became negative yielding.

The only question is how negative the yield will be in the future.

How can you lose money when you get paid $50 billion ?

Chinese are naive, they are backing the colonial sepoys who take orders from the same colonial military industrial complex that's hell bent on China's destruction.

define short term and long term

at the end of the day all of the projects are over-priced

How can you lose money when you get paid $50 billion ?
Pakistan hasn't paid anything, as they spent all the loan money on subsidizing import consumption instead of making payments on their loans.

This is why they are currently asking the IMF on hopes of simply getting the loans canceled.

This, IMO, is the pivotal difference between the US and China.

The US would've used the current situation in Pakistan to engineer a strategically favourable situation, whatever that may look like. China, however, is basically standing aside and is doing its best to not stoke structural instability. However, as the US steps up its pressure against China, I'd expect Beijing to start building its infrastructure for deep political maneuvering.

For China, elevating Pakistan into a credible counter-force against India would be a critically valuable gain. It could potentially remove India as a reliable US ally in the Pacific by (1) distracting New Delhi and (2) steering New Delhi to make more decisions out of self-interest, like trading with Russia, investing in the indigenous defence industry instead of buying from the U.S., etc.

IMO, in 5-10 years, we'll see a genuine pro-China camp in Pakistan across military, political, and business lines. It could be a new political party, or a technocratic gov't, or something else entirely. Even non-Pakistanis can't afford a perpetual circus in Pakistan.
can elites go to China for higher education, chinese military school, invest in Chinese real estate and businesses, aid money going straight into thier pocket with little check and balance

thats how west unfortunately bought our elites but that's a recepie for an institutionally weak nation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom