What's new

China should abandon the communist flag.

ZhengHe

Reaction score
I think China should switch the nations flag to a dragon flag

like this
23waeq8.jpg

3005x7p.jpg

The Qing Dynasty of China used the Chinese dragon flag and now seeing as China is on the rise again, it is time to do away with the communist flag.

I'm not saying change the political system, hell China should keep it the way it is since it is working but just change the appearance of the nation to something that is Chinese!

The dragon flag is more than an appropriate symbol to represent China.

plus it also looks a lot cooler :smokin:

The Navy, Airforce, etc should also get their own version of a dragon flag.

For the navy maybe one with a black dragon on a yellow background with blue outlines

and Airforce something similar

^^ Bad idea. When ever I see the dragon flag I am reminded of the humiliating defeat of the Beiyang fleet.

^^ Bad idea. When ever I see the dragon flag I am reminded of the humiliating defeat of the Beiyang fleet.

The flag i posted was merely an example (thats the one the Qing Dynasty used btw). A new design could be made.

God damn it!

:angry:No matter whether com or not it is now, this kind of post from oversea Chinese is so disgusting. Did you get your green card? Get back to China, and the flag is waiting for you to change it. :sick:

Last edited:
God damn it!

:angry:No matter whether com or not it is now, this kind of post from oversea Chinese is so disgusting. Did you get your green card? Get back to China, and the flag is waiting for you to change it. :sick:

lol:smitten: Really though, whats wrong with it? the PRC flag looks exactly like the Soviet flag except it has stars instead of tools, which is why it doesn't look right representing China.

You shouldn't hate the dragon flag because the Qing Dynasty put it to shame. it's like when someone uses your phone but breaks it, should you hate your phone? or the person who broke it?

Cheers my chinese brother :cheers:

I completely disagree. Dropping a national flag/changing a national flag is a sign of a weak, conquered and subservient nation. Besides, regardless of the Soviets, the flag has deep meaning (which is why it didn't use the hammer and sickle design).

The Qing flag is far less representative of China than the PRC flag. The PRC flag is red: red, the color of luck for Chinese, but also the color of the blood that revolutionaries shed for the flag. Changing the flag is spitting on their graves. The Qing flag is yellow, however, the yellow that represents the gold the barbarians stole from Hans and the gold that was missing because the Qing dynasty cut short the Ming Dynasty's start of the industrial revolution. It has stars, the same stars that made other countries with the star such as US, Soviet Union and Vietnam win their wars. Notice how all nations that lost wars were ones that did not have 5 pointed flags! Japan, Germany, India, Qing Dynasty, South Vietnam, all lost the war, while PRC, USSR, USA, all have stars in their flag. Once Russia dropped the 5 pointer star in its flag, it started going down, a coincidence?! What does the dragon represent? Nothing? I don't believe in dragons. I'd think it's a dirty shame for my flag to represent an imaginary animal. No modern flag has an animal on it. The only acceptable designs are stripes, stars and circles.

Last edited:
There are many requirements to a national flag. They have to be easy to reproduce and recognize at a distance. Dragons are hard to reproduce and recognize as the color contrast is not stark enough vis-a-vis red background and yellow stars.

I'd recommand putting one of your Chinese characters like "Ming" onto the flag. It embodies the glory of Han Chinese, no? Even the Japanese liked the word, lol.

Can't drop the stars. A star in your flag is directly correlated with winning wars. In the past 60 years, countries that have won the most wars are:

1.) US
2.) PRC
3.) USSR
4.) Israel
5.) North Vietnam

What do they have in common? Stars in their flag.

Note the losers:

1.) Germany
2.) Japan
3.) South Vietnam
4.) India
5.) Egypt

What do they have in common? No stars in their flags.

Descendants of the Dragon is the Han, and the Qing Dynasty does not belong to the Han.
The Qing Dynasty is not eligible to use the dragon flag.
Han is a slave in the Qing Dynasty. This history is shameful for the Han.

I used to think that the chinese dont like qing dynasty much.....! @below freezing: india lost only one war im the past 60 years.

The Qing Dynasty is a shame...
Last 300+ years of shame.

You get up where you fall down. That is the attitude of a winner.

China would actually show confidence if it adopted more dynastic symbols. It means we have come to terms with our recent past failures and are not afraid of repeating them because we are so powerful now. Moreover, it shows that we also recognize the good of dynastic history instead of focusing merely on the bad.

You can't just wipe out everything China was in the past because of a few bad apples. *cough* simplified characters *cough* That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It is disrespectful toward your past, your ancestors and ultimately disrespectful toward yourself.

Think about it this way, if PRC completely denies the dynasties, then what claim do we have to Xinjiang, Tibet, etc.? Our claim is based on successor state theory.

Personally, the present 5 start flag is beautiful, I think. Chairman Mao is a great hero, just like the Hong Wu Emperor.

If we were to indulge in some creative thinking, I think this flag is nice. The white sun is similar to the decoration on the Manchu ruler's caps during the Qing Dynasty (located right between the eyes, sort of like Indian red dot). Again, this is to show continuity with the past, which is a good thing.

6r4wzo.jpg

Another option is even older style brush calligraphy character on white background. Again, the essence of Chinese culture (wen hua) is the ideographic writing system.

2dkbrrs.png

You get up where you fall down. That is the attitude of a winner.

China would actually show confidence if it adopted more dynastic symbols. It means we have come to terms with our recent past failures and are not afraid of repeating them because we are so powerful now. Moreover, it shows that we also recognize the good of dynastic history instead of focusing merely on the bad.

You can't just wipe out everything China was in the past because of a few bad apples. *cough* simplified characters *cough* That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It is disrespectful toward your past, your ancestors and ultimately disrespectful toward yourself.

Think about it this way, if PRC completely denies the dynasties, then what claim do we have to Xinjiang, Tibet, etc.? Our claim is based on successor state theory.

Personally, the present 5 start flag is beautiful, I think. Chairman Mao is a great hero, just like the Hong Wu Emperor.

If we were to indulge in some creative thinking, I think this flag is nice. The white sun is similar to the decoration on the Manchu ruler's caps during the Qing Dynasty (located right between the eyes, sort of like Indian red dot). Again, this is to show continuity with the past, which is a good thing.

6r4wzo.jpg

Another option is even older style brush calligraphy character on white background. Again, the essence of Chinese culture (wen hua) is the ideographic writing system.

2dkbrrs.png

Han is not a lineage, but a culture.

The Hun join the Han, in the Han Dynasty.
The Xianbei join the Han, in the Tang Dynasty.
The Qidan join the Han, in the Song Dynasty.
The Mongolia join the Han, in the Ming Dynasty.
They are all Han.

But the Qing Dynasty No Han culture, it is a slavery country.
Han can not have slavery!

Last edited:
Descendants of the Dragon is the Han, and the Qing Dynasty does not belong to the Han.
The Qing Dynasty is not eligible to use the dragon flag.
Han is a slave in the Qing Dynasty. This history is shameful for the Han.

Qing dynasty is also china. the founders of qin empire were not han people but it was highly sinicized and it's continute and development of chinese civilization.

you might not see 400 hundreds ago's history from today's han nationalist perspective. by your logic, england under viking and Normandy rule was also not english history.

Dragon is part of many east asian nation's culture heritage today, it is too closed-mind to think dragon is exclusive to han people

Back
Top Bottom