What's new

China Sends 150 Professionals to Teach Pakistanis About Modern Farming Techniques

As per my info, they are trying to introduce this new Chinese Hybrid wheat while our departments is trying to resist and have been successful so far.
You MUST NOT take these seeds... please... I am shocked why they are pushing hard on this matter.

You MUST NOT take these seeds... please... I am shocked why they are pushing hard on this matter.
We are not!
The Punjab Wheat authority have denied the request, the news is just an attempt to try and build pressure but i was with him even yesterday and discussed this matter, hybrid Chinese wheat is not coming to Pakistan/Punjab (which produced 76% of Wheat) unless it is through proper channel and even then the research institutes may only develop a local variety based on that seed. Wont adopt it as it is.

If you are wel informed than me are resourcefull than tell those to do work in fiweld than on media,
before Naya Somalia emerges in stead of naya Paksiatan
They are working in field dear, a lot is being done, a lot remains to be done. That is how things are!!

We are not!
The Punjab Wheat authority have denied the request, the news is just an attempt to try and build pressure but i was with him even yesterday and discussed this matter, hybrid Chinese wheat is not coming to Pakistan/Punjab (which produced 76% of Wheat) unless it is through proper channel and even then the research institutes may only develop a local variety based on that seed. Wont adopt it as it is.

That's assuring - thanks for info.

Modern farming methods are required though, with water conservation instead of the flood irrigation at present.

That's assuring - thanks for info.

Modern farming methods are required though, with water conservation instead of the flood irrigation at present.
Drip irrigation was introduced and in some areas gov. helped covert fields to this as well but the response was not great. Sprinkler irrigation is also being tried at some large model farms. What we need is to make it a regular/conventional way of irrigation. That saves a lot of water. Also people need to be facilitated in a way that they find it lucrative to shift to some unconventional crops. If you are selling apples at 4 Rs/Kg in Hunza, there is something seriously wrong with gov. policy and will to earn valuable foreign exchange.

Drip irrigation was introduced and in some areas gov. helped covert fields to this as well but the response was not great. Sprinkler irrigation is also being tried at some large model farms. What we need is to make it a regular/conventional way of irrigation. That saves a lot of water. Also people need to be facilitated in a way that they find it lucrative to shift to some unconventional crops. If you are selling apples at 4 Rs/Kg in Hunza, there is something seriously wrong with gov. policy and will to earn valuable foreign exchange.
The modern irrigation method are expensive for our poor farmers but its not end of the world, other poor countries had don this like India, China and Brazil, just copy it no need to write theses on them and 10 yeas plans to achieve this.

The modern irrigation method are expensive for our poor farmers but its not end of the world, other poor countries had don this like India, China and Brazil, just copy it no need to write theses on them and 10 yeas plans to achieve this.

Other countries have invested in these expensive systems, there is no way around it. Sprinklers can be a bit cheaper than drip irrigation etc. These are few global models, not really need to COPY it, they are same everywhere so if we want to implement we will do! The problem is cost, drop irrigation was tried but failed to get going as it was expensive. Now they are working on introducing sprinkler system (gov funding). If farmers find it attractive/lucrative, it will be adopted. Its not about writing a theses but a cost-benefit analysis is what every farmer will do.

These are few global models, not really need to COPY it
Using the word "COPY" was a slap on the face of those who wil make govt to DO MORE... Research which we need not and wast more time.

The problem is cost, drop irrigation was tried but failed to get going as it was expensive. Now they are working on introducing sprinkler system (gov funding).

sprinkler and drip irrigation are not replacement of each other, but ur point is valid coast. But sir China is so cheap I feel they are giving it away free, just visit alibaba. just make govt import free I mean u are bring trlions to build dams, and you cant give 10 cror subsuidy for import of sprinkler and drip irrigation etc systems that will solve it now and a dam will take ideally atleast 10 years from the date of "start".

lastic quick connector fittings for drip irrigation
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...alleryofferlist.normalList.116.49bab544bi28W4
AGRI T tape for drip irrigation system
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...alleryofferlist.normalList.147.49bab544bi28W4

plastic impact irrigation landscape farm agri
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...galleryofferlist.normalList.30.49bab544bi28W4

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom